Starship Troopers - 25th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: November 1, 2022
Purchase links: Best Buy - Amazon - Target
Price: $27.99 (Best Buy - Amazon) - $29.99 (Target)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Notes: Glossy finish

91uC18k-SAL._SX522_.jpg

91lZiQ+nQHL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I'm really digging the unboxing and can't wait for my delivery on Tuesday from Bby. Question - anyone know why the studio choose no interior artwork? It can't add that much cost to the production does it???

Hated that I hat to pay an extra $8 for stupid art cards for the Bullet Train steelbook but this price was good for an older library release.
Sony do it all the time with their catalog and popart steels. They just pick a single metallic colour for the interior, and it's usually blue.

Despite the lack of inside artwork, I think the steelbook looks great. The gloss finish makes the colors and artwork pop. If it had a streaky matte finish, it would have been an ugly steelbook, but gloss finish really made all the difference - at least in my opinion.

I absolutely loved this film and steelbook. Such a great purchase!

Reactions: MM3
aside from the steel, is there any difference between this and the previous 4k Steelbook from several years ago?
The previous steelbook I think you are referring to is the 2018 Starship Troopers - Traitor of Mars. That is a different movie, that one is the 5th Starship Troopers movie. The one just released in 4K steelbook is the original Starship Troopers, and also the only one I have ever watched. This one was actually pretty entertaining.

aside from the steel, is there any difference between this and the previous 4k Steelbook from several years ago?
There is indeed a difference - as with other recent 4k re-releases in steelbooks from Sony, this new release comes with a new Dolby Vision HDR color grade. The previous one only supported HDR10. Also, the bitrate seems to be a bit higher.
So it is indeed an upgrade and the one to get if you don't own this film already. Of course, if you don't care about DV, then never mind. :)

There is indeed a difference - as with other recent 4k re-releases in steelbooks from Sony, this new release comes with a new Dolby Vision HDR color grade. The previous one only supported HDR10. Also, the bitrate seems to be a bit higher.
So it is indeed an upgrade and the one to get if you don't own this film already. Of course, if you don't care about DV, then never mind. :)
If I could sell my old one for enough to cover it, I’d do it (it also has a new extra feature, according to the digital bits), but it looks like it’s not worth much, so I’ll stick with what I’ve got and wait for the 30th anniversary ;)