SteelBook™ Price Drop/Back in stock/On Sale/Sold out alert (Retailer/Ebay)

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Post all actual deals, codes, price drops/on sale/back in stock deals from established retailers here. (No advertising of private, smaller, or unverified shops). Please include the link to the item or sale. No trading or wants, or chatter, please. Please start separate chat threads in Steelbook chat forum, and keep this thread to alerts.

Note-all 'one time use' codes should be posted in this new thread.

This is the new retailer deal/Ebay thread. Please subscribe to the thread for updates on deals/alerts (at the top under 'Watch Thread').
Thanks all!

For general Blu-ray & Movie Deals, subscribe to this forum
View attachment 82531

price drop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
15% off everything at WOWHD. No code needed, ends 9am tomorrow.

http://www.wowhd.co.uk/DVD/Steelbooks/list/10893

Just a word of warning about WOW HD, they send steelbooks out in very thin padded envelopes. My last order had one item go AWOL and another arrive with a big dent. I then had to wait 21 days before reporting the missing item and it has taken a further 10 days of back and forth with customer services to get a replacement sent.

Other steels were fine though.

Reactions: lolwut
Just a word of warning about WOW HD, they send steelbooks out in very thin padded envelopes. My last order had one item go AWOL and another arrive with a big dent. I then had to wait 21 days before reporting the missing item and it has taken a further 10 days of back and forth with customer services to get a replacement sent.

Other steels were fine though.

When was the problem order? I got a few recently from them - Maltese Falcon a couple of months ago, and Band Of Brothers and Ultimate Bourne Collection recently. The first one came wrapped in card then a heavy-duty Hong Kong jiffy packet, and the other two came wrapped in bubble wrap and sealed in a strong cardboard box, and all of them arrived mint! I think I ordered from them once and was a bit skeptical but they seem to be very careful most of the time. I have heard bad things in the past but wondered if they've rectified it now?

When was the problem order? I got a few recently from them - Maltese Falcon a couple of months ago, and Band Of Brothers and Ultimate Bourne Collection recently. The first one came wrapped in card then a heavy-duty Hong Kong jiffy packet, and the other two came wrapped in bubble wrap and sealed in a strong cardboard box, and all of them arrived mint! I think I ordered from them once and was a bit skeptical but they seem to be very careful most of the time. I have heard bad things in the past but wondered if they've rectified it now?

They agreed to send my replacement today - after I'd already messaged them four times about it and had various responses.

The steels that were fine were both wrapped in card (though it was pretty thin) and then put in the thin jiffy bag. The one that got damaged did not have the card. Then there was the one that got away, ha ha! This was only last month by the way.

I've ordered from them with zero issues too - but as they are based in Hong Kong then if you do have a problem it can be more of an issue to resolve it.

I feel I'm derailing the thread, so here is the Hurt Locker for £10.99 (great steel):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006B9R13I/?tag=hidefnin-21

Last edited:
Is the price shown at wowhd site already discounted price? for example 28 Days Later Steelbook is 10.62 GBP or is there still 15% discount?

Sent from my N9500 using Tapatalk 2

I ordered the Band Of Brothers Steelcase of them recently and it came in Amazon style cardboard packaging. Very very good and huge improvement on what i got before.

Reactions: lgans316
I feel I'm derailing the thread, so here is the Hurt Locker for £10.99 (great steel):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006B9R13I/?tag=hidefnin-21

Indeed, might be my favourite steelbook - was £8.99 at Zavvi recently if you were lucky but £10.99 is still good! I paid £12.99. PQ not exactly perfect but still pretty good (not as good as Zero Dark Thirty but then again that was a higher-budget film), plus art cards and a commentary that wasn't on the amaray. That's how steelbooks should be done!

A few metalpaks on sale.this retailer is very well respected here in the forum if there are any concerns about packaging.just click on the british flag if you prefer the site in english.the VAT will be removed for overseas buyers which will bring down their sale price even more.
http://movies-blu-ray.nl/index.php?item=&action=page&group_id=10000025&lang=en#.UiSoFJKTi3Z

I agree, great communication and excellent packaging. Had some steelies shipped from the Netherlands to Dubai, arrived safe & sound :)