Steelbook price list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2010
Hello. I am interested in selling all my Blu-Ray steel books. I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that has the going rates of steelies? I have no idea whats a fiar price to ask for. Thanks for any help.

Going rates change by person, its all opinion and it can all change overnight if a reprint gets announced etc. If you want to hear some #'s, I'd suggest listing some titles you are talking about and perhaps people will chime in.

With that aside, here's some other ways you might be able to get a good estimate.

1) you can search closed ebay auctions and get a good estimate on average what they are going for.

2) you can view amazon 3rd party prices and realize that those are typically increased a good bit. So with that in mind, usually a bit less is a good asking price.

3) If it is still available at a retailer then you have to sell it for less than that to be able to move it quickly. If its an older title 2008-2009 and OOP then those typically fetch more.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I have quite a few steel books, but the main titles I am interested in getting an idea of a prices for are:

Iron Man, Indiana Jones And TKOTCS, District 9, The Dark Knight - Futureshop
John Rambo - Media Market German Recall

They are all brand new, sealed and mint. Indy has a small scuff on it

District 9 - not much, many are satisfied with the german release which is almost identical and can be had for very cheap even right now. currently 12-14 euros on amazon.it

TDK FS - not much, it got rereleased again in Canada and about a month or so ago the FS one showed up at axel and people who did miss out on it got it then. Currently like $22 on amazon.ca

John Rambo - rerelease - perhaps $60-80
Avatar with book - not much, with the rerelease extended steelies out there most would want that more than the bare bones uk version.

Indy still sells well, which surprises me, but you could probably get $75-100

Iron Man FS would be your best seller, if its new sealed and absolutely perfect - anywhere from 125-200 on ebay. If you got great feedback there, maybe $250 if at the right time.

If it has any imperfections 100-175

my opinions ....

Thanks for the quick reply. I really need the cash, so I need to get rid of all of them. I have approximately 30 different titles

Do not sell the expensive ones in "lots" otherwise you won't get as much as you could.

Chip, in order to start a trading thread you need 20 posts. Feel free to post in other threads until you have enough, so we can merge these posts here with your new Trading Thread once started.

Thanks!
DB

And give references, as I would be gun shy buying older titles from just anyone.

Thanks. I'm to new of a member to post in the trading forum, but as soon as I can I will post them. Ill start to get my list together.

Hey Black, thanks for offering-that's very nice of you!:) Chip, if you do decide to post them in our forum, it's beneficial that you post them yourself, so you can directly communicate between you and any interested buyers. I would go into the various threads and comment on them, until you have 20 posts. This way, once you have your list, you can simply post a "For Sale" Thread in the Trading forum, and go from there. Good luck & welcome:) DB

Status
Not open for further replies.