Stephen King's It (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 19th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live on Saturday November 5th at 6pm UK Time)
Price: £15.99

1.jpg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen that "Sold out" sign and got to admit to a definite lack of surprise . . . never underestimate the power of IT and Stephen King's films in general - this is but the latest of his works in steelbooks in the U.K. with the others being THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, THE SHINING, MISERY, STAND BY ME and THE MIST and ALL OOP/OOS.
51978_large.jpg
84072_large.jpg
139880_large.jpg
159705_large.jpg
149821_large.jpg
164700_large.jpg

. . . and that's like 2,000 gone in what was it . . . something like 8 hours? and all gone despite. . .
(a) The feeling that "The steelbook is too dark and not the colour of the mock up".
(b) Incorrect spelling of title on the spine
(c) No artwork on the back

Anyway, hope to receive the order I placed today at 5:53 PM on or before the 19th Dec. :thumbs::happy:

Yes it was a extra 500 copies Warner provided Zavvi with not an extra 1,500
Previous print run was 1,000 UK the extra 500 makes it 1,500 print run for the UK

1,000 +500 (1,500)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Huguito
Was so p/$$@× about this when I read that they are selling more, on the basis of zavvi's information I thought my only option was to go to ebay to buy this. they told me it was limited to 1000 units and when it sold out I emailed them to ask when cancellation or rejected card stock would be made available to order and they told me that "it is completely out of stock and will not be coming back".. so I accepted this and off I went to ebay to buy this steelbook for over £20 more than zavvi were charging.. what a waste of money. I wanted this as I'm trying to collect all the uk stephen king steelbook's (which @virkia pictured in his post before, happy birthday :joy::thumbs:)

I'm happy that I have the IT steelbook but I do think this way of doing things (if it catches on) will be a very bad thing..worst case scenario if this continues and if they are being truthful about printing a bunch more due to demand then it will kill the secondary market which will in turn kill the collecting of limited editions in the long run too. it's not like I've ever bought 2 of any steelbook for myself or with the intention of selling but I am fully aware how this collecting business works (and I'm not talking about scalpers but collectors themselves), we collect cos the item is special in some way and because it's limited, you take away the limited part and most people won't be in the game for much longer. the secondary market is what keeps the limited collecting alive because that's the name of the game, the more rare an item becomes the more people want it, I feel without that aspect it would be pretty damn boring.. personally I would still collect whatever I want but knowing that retailers would just print off a infinity of steelbook's kills off the excitement of the pre ordering and the chase when you're hunting for your desired collectable thats OOS and OOP.

This isn't a game for the retailer's to make the money when something goes out of stock, if they don't keep their word to the number of printed units they are selling then they take away our fun of the chase. the retailer's job is to take the limited item and sell it till that limited number have sold out then their job is over and all they should do is move on to the next release. If this reprinting of out of stock collector editions was to continue then some/a lot of people will lose interest. I hope it's not the case and zavvi just had extras but we'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out.

Reactions: sunnyx
Was so p/$$@× about this when I read that they are selling more, on the basis of zavvi's information I thought my only option was to go to ebay to buy this. they told me it was limited to 1000 units and when it sold out I emailed them to ask when cancellation or rejected card stock would be made available to order and they told me that "it is completely out of stock and will not be coming back".. so I accepted this and off I went to ebay to buy this steelbook for over £20 more than zavvi were charging.. what a waste of money. I wanted this as I'm trying to collect all the uk stephen king steelbook's (which @virkia pictured in his post before, happy birthday :joy::thumbs:)

I'm happy that I have the IT steelbook but I do think this way of doing things (if it catches on) will be a very bad thing..worst case scenario if this continues and if they are being truthful about printing a bunch more due to demand then it will kill the secondary market which will in turn kill the collecting of limited editions in the long run too. it's not like I've ever bought 2 of any steelbook for myself or with the intention of selling but I am fully aware how this collecting business works (and I'm not talking about scalpers but collectors themselves), we collect cos the item is special in some way and because it's limited, you take away the limited part and most people won't be in the game for much longer. the secondary market is what keeps the limited collecting alive because that's the name of the game, the more rare an item becomes the more people want it, I feel without that aspect it would be pretty damn boring.. personally I would still collect whatever I want but knowing that retailers would just print off a infinity of steelbook's kills off the excitement of the pre ordering and the chase when you're hunting for your desired collectable thats OOS and OOP.

This isn't a game for the retailer's to make the money when something goes out of stock, if they don't keep their word to the number of printed units they are selling then they take away our fun of the chase. the retailer's job is to take the limited item and sell it till that limited number have sold out then their job is over and all they should do is move on to the next release. If this reprinting of out of stock collector editions was to continue then some/a lot of people will lose interest. I hope it's not the case and zavvi just had extras but we'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out.

Yep I totally agree. A lot don't actually realise that many people actually paid around double the price when it was confirmed it was 'sold out' and then Zavvi do the crafty tactic of increasing their print run just because many missed out. If something is limited someone is always going to miss out. That's collecting for you. So what about those that paid X amount of money for them? It's a rub in the face for them. It should be one declared print run and that's it. If you missed out, with all do respect, Tough luck.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk

If would be better if the ebay scaplers not been allowed to order any copies at all
Even better would be ebay sellers not order any copies and leave these copies for customers to order from the retailer instead at retail price
Ebay price IMO should be retail price and not a cent more and if I had my way inforcing this would be a rule and would stop the scalpers across a lot of products

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: chunk
If would be better if the ebay scaplers not been allowed to order any copies at all
Even better would be ebay sellers not order any copies and leave these copies for customers to order from the retailer instead at retail price
Ebay price IMO should be retail price and not a cent more and if I my way that would be a rule and would stop the scalpers

You keep complaining about scalpers but the issue is with the retailer. They allow X amount of copies to be sold. They decide how they want to get rid of their stock.

You keep complaining about scalpers but the issue is with the retailer. They allow X amount of copies to be sold. They decide how they want to get rid of their stock.
The ebay seller should only sell items at retail cost + shipping + ebay fee and IMO this should be a rule on ebay

Ebay price IMO should be retail price and not a cent more and if I had my way inforcing this would be a rule and would stop the scalpers across a lot of products

When you sell your house that you bought 30 years back for £20,000 let me know as I might offer asking price lol. :)

Unfortunately it is all about common sense, a little bit of greed and being smart.

How many times I have seen a KimchiDvD exclusive as sold out but it kept poppojg back. All sunnyx said tough luck. :)

• Thanks
When you sell your house that you bought 30 years back for £20,000 let me know as I might offer asking price lol. :)

Unfortunately it is all about common sense, a little bit of greed and being smart.

How many times I have seen a KimchiDvD exclusive as sold out but it kept poppojg back. All sunnyx said tough luck. :)
These are Blu-ray films not a House as in property market :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yep I totally agree. A lot don't actually realise that many people actually paid around double the price when it was confirmed it was 'sold out' and then Zavvi do the crafty tactic of increasing their print run just because many missed out. If something is limited someone is always going to miss out. That's collecting for you. So what about those that paid X amount of money for them? It's a rub in the face for them. It should be one declared print run and that's it. If you missed out, with all do respect, Tough luck.

I totally agree, I've missed out in the past and if it's something I really want then it gets priority to hunt down and find for the best price possible.. it's fun.. I remember when I started collecting so I was playing catch up, which again, was fun.. cost a bit but I was willing..however if I thought that reprinting was a possibility there would be no fun in it at all. I've got steelbook's now that have gone up in price since I bought them.. which I could sell for cash or trade for a similar priced items, for me that adds another element to the joy of collecting (I wouldn't part with most of the things I own but it's nice that the choice is there if I want it or need it). :)

The ebay seller should only sell items at retail cost + shipping + ebay fee and IMO this should be a rule on ebay

Paul it's business at the end of the day. Zavvi could not really care less where their stock goes. As long as they sell that's all they care. Who and where it goes upto it's not their problem at all. If everyone was restricted to one copy then this would take ages to sell out and they wouldn't confidently add another 500 copies to their print run and increase their profits. Think a little wider out of the box. Scalpers or how should I say this, third party business re-sellers more professionally, support the retailer's by selling and getting rid of their stock and the retailer can move onto the next exclusive.

Your rule on ebay is very delusional. No one is going to waste time selling for cost price on ebay and make nothing out of it. They sell to make a profit. If they were to sell at cost price that is what retailers are there for lol.

Ebay is an open market. If you don't want it don't buy it.
If they made people charge only cost prices, they would only be an extention of a retailer.
You can ask whatever you want (and that does not mean you are going to get it).
Remember the door swings both ways. You can get things way below cost too.
Free market.
The best way to disocurage scalpers is to not buy their wares.
And, yes, retailers should stick to their stated print runs.