Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £22.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the steelbook. I would love to see a pop art style as the film used such bright colours and great graphics. It will probably be the picture in the original post but be nice something different.

Reactions: lgans316
Yes, wouldn't be my first choice, but the TBC front artwork could work but only if it was more minimalist than it is now with all the characters removed as they look just plain silly looking up like that (IMO).
Just zoom the image to 125% which I'm guessing puts it about the same size as a "live" steelbook and you'll see what I'm on about.

Reactions: Flash
Anyone else here really like the current artwork? With spot gloss this could turn out really nice.
I'd be more than happy if that ended up being the final art... but we all know it won't. I guess there's a small chance it could end up being something even better though! :LOL:

All we can do is adore these great mock-ups only for genius brothers at Warner to muck up at the end.
Disney/Marvel are still the worst for doing that IMO... frankly, I find most of their WWA steelbooks embarrassing. :bag:

Tentative artwork now up on Amazon.de:-
81oAi-2yZBL._SY550_.jpg

Suicide Squad - Steelbook (exklusiv bei Amazon.de) [3D Blu-ray] [Limited Edition]

Oh, dear . . . sincerely hope not . . . hardly any better than our own tentative artwork.

Money no object ? . . . then these AMAZON EXCLUSIVES may be of interest for only GBP 90 each:-
61YDt6XWqqL.jpg

51qoxA3nYFL.jpg

Last edited:
Tentative artwork now up on Amazon.de:-
81oAi-2yZBL._SY550_.jpg

Suicide Squad - Steelbook (exklusiv bei Amazon.de) [3D Blu-ray] [Limited Edition]

Oh, dear . . . sincerely hope not . . . hardly any better than our own tentative artwork.

That's awful hope the UK one is not it

Yes, wouldn't be my first choice, but the TBC front artwork could work but only if it was more minimalist than it is now with all the characters removed as they look just plain silly looking up like that (IMO).
Just zoom the image to 125% which I'm guessing puts it about the same size as a "live" steelbook and you'll see what I'm on about.

Can't remove them, they form the mouth. Maybe a new design altogether, although if this is poster art then there really isn't anything wrong with it. It's been approved and these designers know what they are doing. It probably just isn't right for a steelbook .

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
Can't remove them, they form the mouth.
Point well made :thumbs: Bit embarrassed didn't spot that - thinking now it's maybe an OK image . . . although I'd still prefer something different for the front.

Not really a fan of something as busy as the Atomic Cloud artwork for the front of the steelbook but for an uniform look front and back there's always these newish images celebrating the film's cartoon origins with their bright, neon, almost luminous cartoon style artwork/colours (complete with original classic 1960s Batman TV series *Bat fight "sound effects" print):-
FRONT COVER --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- One of these for the BACK COVER
suicide_squad_poster_atomic_0.jpg
suicide_squad_4poster.jpg

Absolutely LOVE the temporary artwork, it's very clever (didn't click right away they make up the image of a skull) I hope they make it the final art, with gloss it would be one of my favourites of the year!

Just got back from seeing this. Nothing groundbreaking but its fun. You can tell the studios interference nd the pacing is sometimes off but its not as bad as 'critics' are saying. Glad i got my pre order

The Mrs surprised me with a ticket for this, liked the film solid 7.5/10.
Just a shame this couple near me decided to talk throughout the film.
Leto was good as the Joker, glad I pre ordered this will guess Manta, FAC, HDZeta, Kimchi & Nova will release there own versions.

The Mrs surprised me with a ticket for this, liked the film solid 7.5/10.
Just a shame this couple near me decided to talk throughout the film.
Leto was good as the Joker, glad I pre ordered this will guess Manta, FAC, HDZeta, Kimchi & Nova will release there own versions.

I hate that, happened to us...it's so rude

It would be crazy expensive as you just know some people would want all of them but be nice if like old school CDs where you had a different person on different cover and you choose who you want like have a Harley one or Joker etc

• Thanks
Reactions: Danzigg1979
I hate that, happened to us...it's so rude
I know it's not cheap to go the cinema either just don't see why you would talk throughout a film at the cinema.
Usually I save the money on cinema tickets and buy the Steelbook of film instead.