Superman I-IV Collection (1978-1987) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Amazon Exclusive) [USA]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: May 9, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $129.98

71Qx9Jh6ZvL._SL1500_.jpg71BVEvxoTLL._SL1500_.jpg710zuvWQ8yL._SL1500_.jpg71dDxhn6x9L._SL1500_.jpg71PjzA7sCcL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got mine! It’s awesome! I was so worried about the shipping from Amazon but this is the first time I’m amazed by the great packaging,after all it it an expensive item….I thought someone said the superman 2 was a matte finish, at first glance it didn’t seem that way but I was in a hurry so I didn’t check properly…any how; I love it!

8FCF2E79-7F61-4316-9081-2A065E6F2A9B.jpeg

Here’s how mine was packaged. I don’t notice any dents, but I’ll have to give it a more thorough check later. The seal wrap is ragged - tears all over the place. No Superman II spine slash, though.

Reactions: djjez83 and MM3
I just got mine! It’s awesome! I was so worried about the shipping from Amazon but this is the first time I’m amazed by the great packaging,after all it it an expensive item….I thought someone said the superman 2 was a matte finish, at first glance it didn’t seem that way but I was in a hurry so I didn’t check properly…any how; I love it!
Superman II UK SteelBook is
Matte Finish with Spot Gloss
  • Spot Gloss on Title Treatment and Superman (front)
  • Spot Gloss on Title Treatment and Superman logo (reverse)

View attachment 554754

Here’s how mine was packaged. I don’t notice any dents, but I’ll have to give it a more thorough check later. The seal wrap is ragged - tears all over the place. No Superman II spine slash, though.
Glad I ordered from DVD Store in Italy. They wraped the box set in thick bubble wrap and shipped in a sturdy box. The Euro box sets come with special white boxes, so my box set was basically double boxed. The white box and actual box set arrived in flawless condition. The Italian box set is the same as the US one with English certificate of authenticity.

Reactions: JGCramp
Glad I ordered from DVD Store in Italy. They wraped the box set in thick bubble wrap and shipped in a sturdy box. The Euro box sets come with special white boxes, so my box set was basically double boxed. The white box and actual box set arrived in flawless condition. The Italian box set is the same as the US one with English certificate of authenticity.
I don’t blame you. I almost always import steelbooks from Europe these days.

Reactions: MM3
Assume the Italian one also has a matte finish on Superman 2. Looks like the US Superman 2 is all gloss. Does there seem to be any other differences from the US and the European release?

Actually looks like 5th steelbook from US is full gloss and European one is matte, so there is another difference as well.
The Superman 2 steel in the Euro box set is spot gloss, but the 5th is completely matte as you stated. I guess it was an intentional choice. I ordered the US box set from Amazon, but it shipped out late and won't arrive until Friday. I'm scared of how they shipped it. Not sure if I will keep it just because the goodies steel is full gloss. My Italian box set arrived in flawless condition - even the plastic is perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilersteel
View attachment 554754

Gave mine a good look last night without opening it. There are a bunch of tears across the seal on the front, which I think resulted from the set bouncing around in the large shipping box and could have cause the large paint chip on Superman II, a spot with a bunch of scuffs across part of the spine on the collectibles steelbook, and a small corner dent on the collectibles steelbook. I'm returning it. It's not huge damage, but for a $140 dollar set I'm returning it as much on principle for how it was sent to me (which could have caused some of those issues). No big deal, though. I'll survive without these steelbooks.

• Wow
My came from Amazon US, great packaging, but that was due to the inner box Amazon received them in. Heavy duty boxset, just a great release. Only thing that would of been better would of been having the Routh and Cavill films included!

Is anyone sitting on one of these that can help out a quiet, but longtime Canadian member? I'm still in disbelief that the run is seemingly over 13K, and yet I still somehow missed out on getting one.

Is anyone sitting on one of these that can help out a quiet, but longtime Canadian member? I'm still in disbelief that the run is seemingly over 13K, and yet I still somehow missed out on getting one.

Still available from Fnac in France (around 200 available), from amazon France (around 800 available), from amazon Italy (over 900)

Reactions: Thwip
Looks nice, alas I was never a fan of the Superman movies (possibly because I could never forgive turning back time by reversing the direction earth spun. Ever at a young age that was bridge too far.

Unfortunately, Supes hadn't met Dr Emmett Lathrop Brown yet. If so, he would have borrowed his tweaked DMC-12. But Supes had to do by his own means.

Man Of Steel Ok GIF

Unless you want a North American box set, I'd recommend dvd-store.it for a box set. The Euro box sets come in special white boxes. DVD Store wraps it in thick bubble wrap and ships in another box. You would likely get free shipping and pay $148 Euros total. When I order from them, they always give a partial refund when your order ships. I was initially charged $25 Euros for shipping, but they refunded me $27 Euros when my order shipped.

Unless you want a North American box set, I'd recommend dvd-store.it for a box set. The Euro box sets come in special white boxes. DVD Store wraps it in thick bubble wrap and ships in another box. You would likely get free shipping and pay $148 Euros total. When I order from them, they always give a partial refund when your order ships. I was initially charged $25 Euros for shipping, but they refunded me $27 Euros when my order shipped.

Their prices include VAT when you place your order. They will just refund the VAT to customers outside the EU.

€ 149,99 (including VAT 22%)
€ 122,94 (excluding VAT)
€ 27,05 (VAT 22%)

Have you ever bought regular steelbooks from them? I'm wondering if they ship their regular steelbooks with bubble wrap and in a box as well.