Oct 15, 2009
Toledo, Spain
Sweeney Todd

Warner Home Video
UK Import

Pics of actual SteelBook courtesy of carllenc:
View attachment 4960
View attachment 4961

Audio:English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, German Dolby Digital 5.1, English Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1, Italian Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles:English, English, Spanish, French
Region:B
BD-50 GB
HD-Widescreen (16:9, 1.78:1) 1920x1080p
Video-Codec:VC-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
Also if you are interested, check here, there is someone selling it sealed for 4!!! pounds + shipping to UK only (select collectible to see the offer):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0012YG7RS/?tag=hidefnin-21
@Wreck Im talking about these: That's how I got my sealed copy

View attachment 371399
Another Blu-banner for the collection! :D:D Thanks to @MrErreip, I picked this up brand new and in original factory seal for £5.25 delivered :thumbs: Arrived today! Worthy of having in the collection if only for being the UK's first steelbook, and it's still factory sealed with the Blu-ray pull tab (and of course it was dirt cheap :LOL:)

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180502162324166_COVER_wm.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180502162458812_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180502162652521_COVER_wm.jpg

Didn´t know this was first UK steelbook ever :OMG::wow: that´s nuts, release date 19th of May 2008, nearly 10 years anniversary :cigar: and ONLY because of that I´m really tempted to get it as well :D. Otherwise not exactly beauty :hilarious: logos everywhere, blu banner and matte finish? But Im surprised there is inside artwork :bored::bored: I thought these start to be applied later.

Anyway, great steal buddy :thumbs:

Didn´t know this was first UK steelbook ever :OMG::wow: that´s nuts, release date 19th of May 2008, nearly 10 years anniversary :cigar: and ONLY because of that I´m really tempted to get it as well :D. Otherwise not exactly beauty :hilarious: logos everywhere, blu banner and matte finish? But Im surprised there is inside artwork :bored::bored: I thought these start to be applied later.

Anyway, great steal buddy :thumbs:
I didn't know till @Wreck said :hilarious::rofl: Piece of history right here :pompus: And fyi, I believe this has a gloss finish buddy, not matte ;) I'm leaving this sealed though so I can't exactly tell how good a quality the gloss coating is. But still, happy to own this :D:cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
I didn't know till @Wreck said :hilarious::rofl: Piece of history right here :pompus: And fyi, I believe this has a gloss finish buddy, not matte ;) I'm leaving this sealed though so I can't exactly tell how good a quality the gloss coating is. But still, happy to own this :D:cigar:

Hmmm maybe it has same old school heavy coating as those French TF1 steelbooks, looks same style...

uu9pmDP.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Hmmm maybe it has same old school heavy coating as those French TF1 steelbooks, looks same style...

uu9pmDP.gif
I noticed one ended yesterday also very cheap @ £8 plus postage :wow: And factory sealed... :coffee:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sweeney-...lu-ray-2007-new-/382446639297?redirect=mobile

I've also seen plenty of open copies dirt cheap if you want it open. But like Wreck said, it's just more a rarity to find this still in its original factory seal all these years later. Oh and I just saw a pic of the gloss! :hungry: Looks thick and heavy like you thought it might be. This copy below is a bit beat up but if you look closely you'll see the gloss :kiss::drool: (especially on the back side).

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

• Thanks
I noticed one ended yesterday also very cheap @ £8 plus postage :wow: And factory sealed... :coffee:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sweeney-...lu-ray-2007-new-/382446639297?redirect=mobile

I've also seen plenty of open copies dirt cheap if you want it open. But like Wreck said, it's just more a rarity to find this still in its original factory seal all these years later. Oh and I just saw a pic of the gloss! :hungry: Looks thick and heavy like you thought it might be. This copy below is a bit beat up but if you look closely you'll see the gloss :kiss::drool: (especially on the back side).

View attachment 372401 View attachment 372400

Oh yes it really is nice gloss. Well If I´m after one, I would want definitely same sealed copy as you got, even with that blu-ray pull tab :cigar:. Gonna watch it on bay I guess :watch:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
That's crazy. Gonna have to bust it out for display in 2 weeks

first bd steel anyways.

last time on the bay' didnt sell, relisted this at more lower price on HDN ebay

Would like to see if anyone can buy that cheap one on amazon UK to see if really get a sealed one ... im skeptical .... hard to find old rarities 10 years old still sealed.

first Bd steel ever , pans labyrinth DE

first steelbook ever, killzone ps2
first dvd steelbook ever , pretty sure was HERO

first bd steel anyways.

first Bd steel ever , pans labyrinth DE

first steelbook ever, killzone ps2
first dvd steelbook ever , pretty sure was HERO
Yup, I did a little research a few months back (I think you were involved then).

First official SteelBook was Killzone for the PS2, which was released on the 26th November 2004 in the U.K.

First DVD steelbook: Hero (Jet Li movie)
I think it's this one:
IMG_3036.JPG

First Blu-ray steelbook: Pan's Labyrinth Sept 10, 2007 in Germany.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Would like to see if anyone can buy that cheap one on amazon UK to see if really get a sealed one ... im skeptical .... hard to find old rarities 10 years old still sealed.
I bought that cheap steel from Super Duper on Amazon fyi ;) Arrived mint/sealed! :hungry:
Another Blu-banner for the collection! :D:D Thanks to @MrErreip, I picked this up brand new and in original factory seal for £5.25 delivered :thumbs: Arrived today! Worthy of having in the collection if only for being the UK's first steelbook, and it's still factory sealed with the Blu-ray pull tab (and of course it was dirt cheap :LOL:)

View attachment 372386

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck
I know it's a collectors item for some been the first UK steelbook but the 2015 release from Zavvi is a much better looking steelbook in my opinion