Taken (Blu-ray SteelBook) (2nd Release) [UK]

Dec 10, 2012
London, UK
Release Date: 08 December 2014
Purchase links:
Zavvi £11.99 In Stock (part of 2 for £18 Steelbooks CODE: STEELBOOK18)
Amazon £21.57 In Stock

11046291-1416921911-127530.jpg

11046291-1416921911-127335.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127521.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127564.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, even after the price drop I think I'll just stick with my £3.59 Amazon France Steelbook for the moment.

do we know the print run on this? I'm glad I held out on getting the play version. I'll either wait until there's in hand pics or wait until taken 3 Steelbook is out and zavvi undoubtedly do an offer when buying both together

do we know the print run on this? I'm glad I held out on getting the play version. I'll either wait until there's in hand pics or wait until taken 3 Steelbook is out and zavvi undoubtedly do an offer when buying both together
As it's not mentioned, likely a standard Steelbook print run of 4,000.

Even with the forced French sub-titles that can't be removed?
I watch Blurays on my PC, and have AnyDVD HD - which removes those forced subtitles just fine. ;)
Besides, even if I didn't it would still be far cheaper just to buy the UK amaray and do a disk swap.

Reactions: augustus
Never ever seen the attraction to a film which is basically based on bad parenting. If I buy this steelbook I'm just encouraging them to contrive more ways for Liam Neeson to misplace family members. Far more deserving films of Neeson's than this... "The Grey" for instance.

Now available to pre-order at Amazon, the price is £29.99. :LOL:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QIU0IVC/?tag=hidefnin-21
Crazy. I expect that price to drop.
Far more deserving films of Neeson's than this... "The Grey" for instance.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But personally, I thought The Grey was terrible.

I know it's supposed to be a thriller not based on reality, but real Wolves just wouldn't react like that (sure they'd try to protect their territory, but the aren't going to follow/hunt you for miles or keep coming at you like that when you've proven yourself a threat) which kind of made the whole film completely pointless in my eyes. But if you were being serious fair enough, each to their own. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Driver and jimmyv
I will get this but will wait till new year its not a retailer exclusive

With Zavvi you can expect to see a big price drop in the new year its not going to sell out so no rush for me to order now

Reactions: Paperinukke

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But personally, I thought The Grey was terrible.

I know it's supposed to be a thriller not based on reality, but real Wolves just wouldn't react like that (sure they'd try to protect their territory, but the aren't going to follow/hunt you for miles or keep coming at you like that when you've proven yourself a threat) which kind of made the whole film completely pointless in my eyes. But if you were being serious fair enough, each to their own. :thumbs:

Agreed on the T1000 like wolves - complete nonsense, but as an ode to the will of man vs the brutality of nature it's a beautiful film with some stunning cinematography and a gorgeous and underrated score.

I have a personal vendetta for Taken tbh, think it's purely hatred based on the second film, like you said though... opinions and all that :thumbs:.

Reactions: MrBMT

i agree with this entire post. totally unimpressed with The Grey. will never watch it again but I loved Taken.

Reactions: MrBMT
Yes and it says save £3, making the RRP £19.99

I'll wait at least until some ninjas post photos...

I thought The Grey was terrible too.