Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) - In theaters August 8, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptile warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world.
With: Megan Fox

Trailer:

Attachments

• TMNT2014poster.jpg
    TMNT2014poster.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
can't wait for this, those teaser posters are well done, I like simple non cluttered movie posters that's exactly what those are.

I was already SOLD on seeing this, but NOW... I cant wait! :LOL: :scat: This is gonna be Radical, Gnarly, and...

what else can describe my excitement?

Oh yeah! "FU**ING AWESOME!"

Megan Fox! :drool: :naughty:

I'm sorry, buddy, but I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on this one. That is not the Ninja Turtles that I know and love. :(

I'm happy you're FU**ING EXCITED for it, though! :hilarious:

I'm sorry, buddy, but I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on this one. That is not the Ninja Turtles that I know and love. :(

Totally with you, this trailer just left me cold, what the Hell have they done to the Turtles!!! Very disappointed with this trailer, it's not the Turtles from the original comics. Bet they have removed their pizza addiction too.:(

Totally with you, this trailer just left me cold, what the Hell have they done to the Turtles!!! Very disappointed with this trailer, it's not the Turtles from the original comics. Bet they have removed their pizza addiction too.:(

Exactly. The explosions... the dubstep... the Turtles are giants and Shredder looks like Edward Scissorhands (plus he's a white dude)... there is no way that I can be excited for this one. Plus everything looks so CGI. I miss the practical effects of the original TMNT films. At least they changed them back to mutants and scrapped that horrible alien idea that they were going to go with (they even cracked a joke at it in the trailer).

Exactly. The explosions... the dubstep... the Turtles are giants and Shredder looks like Edward Scissorhands (plus he's a white dude)... there is no way that I can be excited for this one. Plus everything looks so CGI. I miss the practical effects of the original TMNT films. At least they changed them back to mutants and scrapped that horrible alien idea that they were going to go with (they even cracked a joke at it in the trailer).

Dubstep and they are wearing what looks like hip hop style bling round their necks WTF

A Turtles movie designed by a politically correct committee.

I agree as much as I'm not a big fan of the original films men in suits, these Turtles just look wrong.

As soon as Bay was announced as the director I knew not to expect the exact same turtles/characters we grew up with... just like with Transformers. I'm ready for some cheesy, fun, mindless action though - that's actually what I love about Bay's films! :scat:

Yeah just the producer, he has produced some stuff over recent years like Black Sails that are different to his own films.

I enjoy some of his films but generally find them just passable. Prefer the stuff coming from Bessons Euro company for action these days. :cool:

:naughty:

What a bunch of DAMN haters! LOL! :hilarious: Just kidding NINJAS :p we're all entitled to our own opinions! :thumbs: And I respect them! :scat: I'm just an easy person to entertain! :cool:

I'll always love the originals and the cartoons, but I'll welcome this entry the way I welcomed the 1st Transformers movie! :movie: A fun, mindless action film! And of course... Megan Fox! :drool:

I like the new design of the Turtles, Shredder looks badass... and you're right Psycho, I'll be fu**ing disappointed if they remove their addiction with pizza! I hadn't thought about that one! :angry:

Reactions: psychoscot
As soon as Bay was announced as the director I knew not to expect the exact same turtles/characters we grew up with... just like with Transformers. I'm ready for some cheesy, fun, mindless action though - that's actually what I love about Bay's films! :scat:

Transformers were a toy line first and foremost, the Turtles was a cult comic book. The characters have very defined personalities that haven't been altered till now. It's like deciding to make Bruce Wayne a surfer stoner. By all means freshen up, but this trailer shows completely different turtles.

I'll still give it a viewing, my expectations were low anyway after Bay and Fox were announced. The girl just can't act and I don't rate her looks lol "hears Bloodsnake faint" lol. :p

I had all the toys as a kid and watched the cartoons too... so I actually agree with the comments about how awful the turtles look in this film, and I also think Fox was a very bad choice for April. But I understand their reason for "modernising" it and wanting to attach big names/well known faces to the film. It obviously won't be a masterpiece, but I'm hoping it will at least be a lot of fun (if not for us older fans, then at least for new younger fans).

Reactions: psychoscot
I actually think this might be a bit of a flop. We're now Post Nolan/Marvel phase 1 and while we like to reminisce, younger viewers might not be that impressed. If they are aiming this only at under 12's I can understand the character revamp. Pizza addicted and talk like stoners/surfers isn't "cool" anymore.

If they want to appeal to Turtles fans its not looking good. Original Turtles fans are as obsessive as Crow fans lol. :D

Since Batman Begins, lighter toned goofy movies based on comics like Fab Four and The Green Lantern have fallen flat on their face. Popular for a second then quickly forgotten.