Tenet (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 32) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 14, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 26, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $169.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip - 900 units: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Box Set - 500 sets: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Protective Cover.

TN_overall_box0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_fs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_Lfs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_DLfs0226_5000x.jpg
SteelBook.jpg

Last edited:
I will stick with Manta this time, and probably choose double lenti.
I don't think fac or hdz will make a better slip with such limited art available. They keep releasing WWA steels packed with mediocre slips, which disappoint me a lot.

Can someone please explain the difference between regular ol’ lenticular and double lenticular?
I have manta lab’s DL Dunkirk (annoyingly didn’t realize that it WASN’T 4K when I ordered it :/ ) as well as BluFans lenticular Spiderverse, which is a transitional lenticular so it just looks very different than Dunkirk anyway. I feel like the 3D effect of the DL is more pronounced and easier to see without ghosting.
In this case, with all editions being 4K, what’s the difference in the lenticular options? The DL is the same art as the Best Buy steel book (already have, so disinclined to get another version with that art, and the back of the SL is also the back of the BB steel). Thanks!

Can someone please explain the difference between regular ol’ lenticular and double lenticular?
I have manta lab’s DL Dunkirk (annoyingly didn’t realize that it WASN’T 4K when I ordered it :/ ) as well as BluFans lenticular Spiderverse, which is a transitional lenticular so it just looks very different than Dunkirk anyway. I feel like the 3D effect of the DL is more pronounced and easier to see without ghosting.
In this case, with all editions being 4K, what’s the difference in the lenticular options? The DL is the same art as the Best Buy steel book (already have, so disinclined to get another version with that art, and the back of the SL is also the back of the BB steel). Thanks!
DL has a lenticular image on both sides of the slipcover. SL has lenticular only on the front; the back might have special treatment like spot gloss, holofoil, texture effects, etc. For this edition, all the lenticulars will be depth, not transition (from what we can see in the previews, anyway). If you ever get a lenticular that has depth plus transition, it's helpful to close one eye to see the transition move clearly.

Reactions: MobileCortex
I’m probably in minority here, but i like all editions. Nothing special in terms of art ( very expected ) but the steelbook and full slip will most likely be gorgeous, a there is a good potential to have decent lentis too.
All in all it will definitely not be a spectacular release, but hopefully won’t be as bad as Joker.

DL has a lenticular image on both sides of the slipcover. SL has lenticular only on the front; the back might have special treatment like spot gloss, holofoil, texture effects, etc. For this edition, all the lenticulars will be depth, not transition (from what we can see in the previews, anyway). If you ever get a lenticular that has depth plus transition, it's helpful to close one eye to see the transition move clearly.
Haha--I never opened my Dunkirk DL and the j-card covers the back, so I didn't notice! Not sure what I want to do with it since it isn't 4K...option 1: replace disc with a 4K disc from regular edition; option 2: try to resell on eBay and buy the Manta Lab SL 4K version (which is easily marked up >$100 on eBay...not appealing). Anyway, thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated (and I do see the edge of the lenticular on the back of my DL Dunkirk now...hah).

I went with the DL. If the FS had a better back artwork, I would've chosen that.

Manta has the best quality IMO, and I'm happy with every premium steelbook I've gotten from them.

I went with the DL. If the FS had a better back artwork, I would've chosen that.

Manta has the best quality IMO, and I'm happy with every premium steelbook I've gotten from them.
Their steels are top notch, no question.

But their choice of slip designs for Drive and now this have been pretty poor IMO.

I ended passing on Drive altogether because all the slips were horrible....

Haha--I never opened my Dunkirk DL and the j-card covers the back, so I didn't notice! Not sure what I want to do with it since it isn't 4K...option 1: replace disc with a 4K disc from regular edition; option 2: try to resell on eBay and buy the Manta Lab SL 4K version (which is easily marked up >$100 on eBay...not appealing). Anyway, thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated (and I do see the edge of the lenticular on the back of my DL Dunkirk now...hah).
Honestly, discs are the easiest part of any edition to get. So once you get an edition you like, just keep it and switch in different discs whenever necessary. You can even switch the steelbook parts onto a plastic insert that holds more discs and have an ultra-complete set, if you really get into the customizing aspect. :)

Reactions: MobileCortex
The more I look at the steelbook front art the more terrible it looks. Charles Barkely also thinks it's turrible. My first tenet of steelbook collecting is, "If the very first reaction to artwork is complete indifference, it's probably best not to get it."
Usually, my opinion of such artwork does not go from complete indifference to a better opinion over time. However, the reverse happens a lot more often. My opinion will go from complete indifference to various degrees of negativity. And with prices the way they are nowadays one must be much more discriminating. The Covid-battered wallet is much more undernourished these days.

Their steels are top notch, no question.

But their choice of slip designs for Drive and now this have been pretty poor IMO.

I ended passing on Drive altogether because all the slips were horrible....
Really? I thought the fullslip for drive was near enough perfect. I can understand why some don't like the filter they've put over the artists original piece, but personally I think it works.

Fullslip here is easily the best too, I don't see the hate for the rear. It's not amazing, but it's sharp, colour matching and simply a still from the film. Little to hate on in my opinion.