Terminator 2: Judgment Day (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: October 26, 2017 November 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon DE - Saturn - Media Markt
Price: €26.99 €29.99
Note: 2-Disc, additional scenes of director's cut and extended special edition are not remastered (according to German site / StudioCanal press server)

81GUResTA9L._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 91wLlMWHL-L._SL1500_.jpg
    91wLlMWHL-L._SL1500_.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
You can expect this released in lot's of countries
Some countries will most likely be retailer exclusives while other countries be trade wide

I would take a guess this will be a Zavvi exclusive in the UK going by previous StudioCanal steelbook releases

The 3D Steelbook I expect be overall a large print run if it's same artwork in all countries and only the expected exclusive WEA releases be more limited

HDzeta and Film Arena steelbook though will most likely be WEA but that won't be known for sure until release details announced

I'm not bothered about the 3D disc itself as I rarely watch films in 3D
I'm more so interested in the remastered video that will be on the 2D disc and what if any new extras

James Cameron said the 2D remaster is very good even if you don't like 3D so both formats win be it 2D or 3D versions

• Helpful Post
Reactions: misformatt
Yes, indeed, the re-mastered images looks excellent and not just because they are so much fresher, brighter and sharper but also because they have more information compared to the previous releases with previously cropped off bits restored and re-instated . . . I mean, just look at the bike here:-
upload_2017-6-17_18-53-20.png

The only question I have now is "Will this release be in something approaching the 1:85:1 shape of my TV screen or will it still be letterboxed ?"

"Of course you’ll need a 3D television to enjoy the 3D conversion, but fans with out such luxuries will still be able to enjoy a beautiful 4K remastering, resulting in the best looking version of T2 to date"
(SkynetsArmy.com 16/3/17)
. . . and, of course, TERMINATOR 2 got a 4K restoration entirely separate from the 3D conversion itself.

Last edited:
I really hope this is fake as the one on the left hand side is devoid of grain and looks super waxy DNRed to death. More like claymation. All I can see is contrast boosting, sharpening and extreme noise reduction.
If you check out the images in post #11 you'll notice that it's not just a case of tweaking the contrast etc. of this 4K re-master but rather something more significant as in the addition of cropped picture information missing on previous releases.
I think we can safely assume this new 4K re-mastered 25th Anniversary release will be an improvement on the "DNR-less" the best current edition:-
upload_2017-6-18_12-7-58.png

As Dam Mintz the CEO of China based DMG Entertainment - one of the two companies behind the 3D conversion / restoration - said last year:-
"For a whole new generation of fans, it is truly a chance to see the movie that really set the bar for action and effects that all the movies today are trying to top, in a completely new way — in the theater and in 3D . . . We are committed to making the conversion the highest quality in order to live up to the expectations of the film’s many fans around the world.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: RELEASE DATE: Don't know if 5th October has any significance but a late August release date would be most appropriate:-
August 29th 1997: The day Skynet first became self aware.
August 29th 2016: the day we first saw the brand new poster for Terminator 2 in 3D.

As for the shotgun, the Winchester 1887, the gun in the poster looks a bit suspect . . . bringing to mind (to a far lesser degree) the Tommy gun on the latest SCARFACE steelbook . . .

Wondering if they'll use that poster above for the steelbook artwork . . . and at how a steelbook will look compared to some of the others seen here. Massive 3D logo on the front?:-
II
V

2009 ......................................................... 2013 ...................................................................................... 2015 ........................................................................................................
4925_large.jpg
131002_large.jpg
133205_large.jpg
133203_large.jpg
\

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
If James Cameron is supervising this I am positive it will turn out well and not like the one in that video which is to please the non-videophiles.

Brighter doesn't mean better. Check Vincent s video on HDR tone mapping.

Ol' Jimbo has been supervising the 3D transfer every step of the way so I've got no doubt that the 3D version will look fantastic.

However, that doesn't mean to say we are also going to get a new 2D remaster.