Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 30th Anniversary (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 6 , 2021 - July 25, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £25.00 (Amazon) - £27.99 (HMV) - £29.99 (Zavvi)

81zOn175n4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71-tLjTBG9L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Last edited:
The brief

front- take a decent illustration and make it as unappealing as possible

back- must completely conflict with the front and be visually unappealing

inside- press fast forward while watching the movie, stop at a random moment- this is your inside art.

Best is just to ignore it and don't purchase it. And if you did that with one that you have, please say also how crazy will look with all other "stuff" on the spine, which in your case will be LITERALLY upside-down.
I think I have enough T2 editions, and this one doesn't seem to be extraordinary, especially that I'm guessing the majority of it will be "bare metal" not silver paint. IF will be SHINY-CHROME as it was the T1000, MAYBE will be better... but... 99.99% won't be.
StudioCanal most of there steelbooks have been gloss finish with other been matte
Most of their recent releases been full gloss or a mix of spot gloss and matte

Bare metal only a tiny number of steelbooks was like that from StudioCanal

I have around 90% of StudioCanal steelbooks releases in my collection

Reactions: Felix_ro
Is this definitely a UK release.
Not only is spine upside down but the writing on the discs is French isn't it?
There has been a few steelbook releases from StudioCanal with spine like this it happens when released in France and UK same same time but don't always happen it will depend on the release involved and print run and release dates

StudioCanal are based in France with subsidiary divisions in UK/Germany/Australia/New Zealand

Image is only a mockup amazon UK just using image from france

UK releases the discs will have BBFC logo

The mockup will change when StudioCanal UK provide the artwork
It's not yet been officially announced yet but will in next few days
You will see info from StudioCanal UK soon in on Twitter and Facebook about the various 30th Anniversay releases
Digital and Physical Media releases
Likely this week or next week will be the official reveal

Amazon bit early in putiing listing on their website that is why it's not yet listed on Zavvi/HMV etc etc

I think they’ve used a promo photo of John Conner too; not an actual movie shot. John Conner rode a dirt bike and not the Harley. When Arnie took him from his bike onto his own, I think he held the handlebars in the middle not on the grips. If it’s true, that’s pretty lame really.

I think they’ve used a promo photo of John Conner too; not an actual movie shot. John Conner rode a dirt bike and not the Harley. When Arnie took him from his bike onto his own, I think he held the handlebars in the middle not on the grips. If it’s true, that’s pretty lame really.
Yes, this is the shot...

download.jpeg

Looks like they've 'cartoonised' it too!

Sorry, you did not understand what I've said?
I thought I put enough words and also example to be clear, but sure, let me know if I can make my comment any clearer than that.
Please keep in mind that I KNOW that (usually) the french editions of SteelBooks have the spine written "upside-down" compared with the rest of the world, and I do have few of those too, so I know about it.
And I simply find it at least a bit strange that they "venture" to sell this, like that, in UK, where (as in most any other location on this planet), to my knowledge, is a big aversion to this kind of spine.
All good, it just sounded to me at first like there may be different "versions" of the same steelbook release in different countries with different orientation on the spine - but that's obviously not what you ment.

I also wasn't aware that this was a "French thing" - I own almost all of the SC 4k steelbook releases, and if available I often buy the French edition because for me in Germany it's often the cheapest. And up until Basic Instinct the spines were all the "right" way I think.

Edit
Not quite true, actually - Angel Heart has the spine upside-down. But what a beautiful steelbook... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Didn’t we just have the 29th anniversary edition?

Also, I think the spine will end up being upside down for this in the UK, I’m sure that it happened with a previous T2 release by SC and Basic Instinct was and that was recent.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
Didn’t we just have the 29th anniversary edition?

Also, I think the spine will end up being upside down for this in the UK, I’m sure that it happened with a previous T2 release by SC and Basic Instinct was and that was recent.
The most recent UK steelbooks for Terminator 2

2017 (3D+2D Steelbook)
2019 (4K+2D SteelBook)

StudioCanal are doing various releases for the 30th Anniversary details will be announced soon on StudioCanal UK Twitter/Facebook

1991 +30 = 2021

• Informative