Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 30th Anniversary (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 6 , 2021 - July 25, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £25.00 (Amazon) - £27.99 (HMV) - £29.99 (Zavvi)

81zOn175n4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71-tLjTBG9L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get this also. This format is like parasite. Long gone but still they release it.
How many of these movies they release in 3D in cinemas?
I'd actually like to see.
Not to mention that most of 3D TV's is dead and most of them isn't being made since 2016 and number of ppl owning 3D TV is like finding needle in haystack.
Might as well release this on VHS right? And don't forget DVD.

Because the discs are old, previously released and probably left over or it costs nothing for them to make. They previously released these discs in 3D and 4K SteelBooks. Now they probably figure if they combine them in one new SteelBook there will be people who might bite since they now get get both discs in 1 release.

As usual what you really mean is that 3D means nothing to you and because of that you don't want anybody else buying this so that companies will stop releasing 3D discs.

But why? You weren't going to buy this even without the 3D disc.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Cause of dead format like this and DVD, ppl still hold on to them like it's their life.
And cause of this companies still make them, despite there's ton of TVs and other equipment for 4K on very affordable prices.
But untill ppl will buy rather DVDs, 3D and BR (where 4K is avaliable) untill then this will continue.
Beside we're literaly raped with combos.
I fir one would love just 4K... Why keep adding other shi*?
The only thing that does is driving cost of that item up. Which i have no need to pay if i won't need it.

Cause of dead format like this and DVD, ppl still hold on to them like it's their life.
And cause of this companies still make them, despite there's ton of TVs and other equipment for 4K on very affordable prices.
But untill ppl will buy rather DVDs, 3D and BR (where 4K is avaliable) untill then this will continue.
Beside we're literaly raped with combos.
I fir one would love just 4K... Why keep adding other shi*?
The only thing that does is driving cost of that item up. Which i have no need to pay if i won't need it.

As it's been pointed out before you are a niche buyer. Every other format outsells 4K. They need to add the other formats to make more people buy the 4K releases.

More people will buy a 4K release when it includes another disc format than just a 4K disc alone.

inside- press fast forward while watching the movie, stop at a random moment- this is your inside art.
Actually it's a popular, iconic photo of Sarah in a factory:
Terminator_2_locations_Steel_mill.0.0.jpg

What I don't like is that they keep making them black and white.

P.S. People are saying the spine us upside-down, well, the disc holders inside are on the left...
Usually they pick an image for the inside, like this one, and then cover the 'interesting' part with discs, leaving blank wall or something visible on the left. Because they're such 'designers', with a 'degree', and get paid for it... :banghead:

I don't get this also. This format is like parasite. Long gone but still they release it.
How many of these movies they release in 3D in cinemas?
I'd actually like to see.
Not to mention that most of 3D TV's is dead and most of them isn't being made since 2016 and number of ppl owning 3D TV is like finding needle in haystack.
Might as well release this on VHS right? And don't forget DVD.

I've read this thread here for a while now, and I got to know many versions, mainly suppositions, so I will try one of those myself now.
icon_wink.gif

I recall one interview of Cameron regarding the next Avatar movies, and he stated "we are there" in regards of using a newly developed (by him?!?) 3D without glasses.

Therefore, I was thinking, MAYBE, Cameron deliberately delay those two movies (Abyss and True Lies) so that he can pull them on the cinema with that new 3D technology?!?!
confused.gif

Would that make sense?
For getting A LOT more money from re-issuing those old movies to cinema, especially in this new 3D format (we all know that 3D movies in cinemas has a higher price per ticket, right?), would, I think make sense, before doing a home-release.
And then, how about getting that new 3S format to home?!?
I for one, think that the "water-tentacle" would be great for popping-out of the screen...
icon_razz.gif

Any opinions and thoughts on this idea?!?!
icon_biggrin.gif

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by a moderator:
Most European steels are like that, you never bought any?
Not quite correct.
I have several European SteelBooks (German, Italian, Spanish, and even French) which are NOT "spine-inversed".
But if the SteelBook comes from France alone, then most likely they do have it.
Examples from German only
Killers (aka "Kiss & Kill" in Germany)
Source Code
Abducted (aka "Atelmos" in Germany)
Jumper
and all that "wave"
1631173705692.png

Therefore, I was thinking, MAYBE, Cameron deliberately delay those two movies (Abyss and True Lies) so that he can pull them on the cinema with that new 3D technology?!?!
confused.gif

(...)

Any opinions and thoughts on this idea?!?!
icon_biggrin.gif

This is from 2018:

“Man, it’s on my to-do list,” Cameron admitted. “It’s a question of time-management. True Lies and The Abyss both have Blu-ray transfers that are complete for my review. The problem is the next 14 hours when I have to go back and trim the color and get each one perfect. That’s 28 hours. I don’t have 28 hours.” He added that he’s hoping to take a look at them before 2019 arrives: “I’ve put it on my list to try to get it done before the end of the year.”

Source: Empire

Vinyl edition don't look that bad but shame there's not just a standalone digipack edition (and that the Steelbook looks so bad)

4376887B-0E31-4EEB-AB38-3AB4137C43D7.jpeg

The most recent UK steelbooks for Terminator 2

2017 (3D+2D Steelbook)
2019 (4K+2D SteelBook)

StudioCanal are doing various releases for the 30th Anniversary details will be announced soon on StudioCanal UK Twitter/Facebook

1991 +30 = 2021
JFC I was being sarcastic

Oh how I hate all these 'schizo-networks', can't even pause the video.
I'd like a digipack, but without the records.
Also, that half a head edition, was posted somewhere, looked bad. Why would I want only the face, when I got two or three full size heads already.

Reactions: Alexwill03
Is the steelbook for £30 a mistake? Because I’m interested in the 4K disc. Seems to have seem less branching of the extended cut unlike the current 4K disc; You have to watch the included blu ray for that. So the disc itself is superior In this release. Surely it’s not £30 for the blu ray version. Does have a 3D version on the photo though.

I don't actually mind the front art (back is meh), but the silver/bare metal is what ruins it for me. Looks so much better on the digipak and vinyl with the black background.

Also, the art style looks super familiar to me, but I can't think of the artist's name right now... sure I just saw a post of theirs on IG earlier too. :facepalm:

I thought this was a Studio Ghibli release when I saw that artwork.

I'm not a fan of this art, but at least the inclusion of both 3d 4k and blu-ray is welcome.

Appears to be a tradewide release, see zavvi have a few other editions, including a vinyl and endoskull edition at ridiculously high cost.