Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 30th Anniversary (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 6 , 2021 - July 25, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £25.00 (Amazon) - £27.99 (HMV) - £29.99 (Zavvi)

81zOn175n4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71-tLjTBG9L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Last edited:
Cause of dead format like this and DVD, ppl still hold on to them like it's their life.
And cause of this companies still make them, despite there's ton of TVs and other equipment for 4K on very affordable prices.
But untill ppl will buy rather DVDs, 3D and BR (where 4K is avaliable) untill then this will continue.
Beside we're literaly raped with combos.
I fir one would love just 4K... Why keep adding other shi*?
The only thing that does is driving cost of that item up. Which i have no need to pay if i won't need it.
Blu rays can still look really nice, but I agree dvd is a dead format (quality wise) and just because people are still stupid enough to buy them doesn't mean studios should sell them. I actually like that 4ks come with blu rays though as my bedroom tv is still just 1080p and a normal blu ray player and it's nice to have the option to watch them in bed.

I've read this thread here for a while now, and I got to know many versions, mainly suppositions, so I will try one of those myself now.
icon_wink.gif

I recall one interview of Cameron regarding the next Avatar movies, and he stated "we are there" in regards of using a newly developed (by him?!?) 3D without glasses.

Therefore, I was thinking, MAYBE, Cameron deliberately delay those two movies (Abyss and True Lies) so that he can pull them on the cinema with that new 3D technology?!?!
confused.gif

Would that make sense?
For getting A LOT more money from re-issuing those old movies to cinema, especially in this new 3D format (we all know that 3D movies in cinemas has a higher price per ticket, right?), would, I think make sense, before doing a home-release.
And then, how about getting that new 3S format to home?!?
I for one, think that the "water-tentacle" would be great for popping-out of the screen...
icon_razz.gif

Any opinions and thoughts on this idea?!?!
icon_biggrin.gif

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I can make a "water-tentacle" pop out of your screen if you'd like. What's your email address? :naughty:

Last edited by a moderator:
We really need confirmation on these new sets coming out on if it's a new transfer or not. I mean studio canal has to know how hated t24k is right?

This is from 2018:

“Man, it’s on my to-do list,” Cameron admitted. “It’s a question of time-management. True Lies and The Abyss both have Blu-ray transfers that are complete for my review. The problem is the next 14 hours when I have to go back and trim the color and get each one perfect. That’s 28 hours. I don’t have 28 hours.” He added that he’s hoping to take a look at them before 2019 arrives: “I’ve put it on my list to try to get it done before the end of the year.”

Source: Empire

What he really means is that he needs to find the time to properly f*** it up.

I don't actually mind the front art (back is meh), but the silver/bare metal is what ruins it for me. Looks so much better on the digipak and vinyl with the black background.

Also, the art style looks super familiar to me, but I can't think of the artist's name right now... sure I just saw a post of theirs on IG earlier too. :facepalm:

Tracie Ching, did the new Black Widow Steelbook as well :)

Curious about whether the discs with that new art that is shown in the 2 special editions will be the discs in the UK SteelBook or if the SteelBook will have those older discs that are shown in the SteelBook mock-up.

The brief

front- take a decent illustration and make it as unappealing as possible

back- must completely conflict with the front and be visually unappealing

inside- press fast forward while watching the movie, stop at a random moment- this is your inside art.

you forgot something. It’s super cheap to print a bare metal steelbook (comparatively)