Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 30th Anniversary (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 6 , 2021 - July 25, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £25.00 (Amazon) - £27.99 (HMV) - £29.99 (Zavvi)

81zOn175n4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71-tLjTBG9L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Last edited:
I'll preorder it just in case. Still can cancel preorder later on when it'll be known what kind of transfer we're getting.
Considering art on discs i'm not hopeful regarding this being new transfer. :-/

There also might be a StudioCanal 30th Anniversary 4K Collector's Edition
As in digipack in a slipbox with booklet/artcards/poster etc etc

That's just a guess nothing official yet

Reactions: thefly and 5t33lb0y
There also might be a StudioCanal 30th Anniversary 4K Collector's Edition
As in digipack in a slipbox with booklet/artcards/poster etc etc

That's just a guess nothing official yet
I do believe that's true. But as i said, if transfer will be new - great, buying it day 1, if not, pass on both these edition - cancelin preorders.

Reactions: karl01
Yet another edition of the T2 (SO MANY of this) movie, and with the SteelBook having the spine upside-down, like the french ones... :(
I don't understand that comment - the StudioCanal steelbooks released simultaneously in France, UK and Germany are all identical, no?
They recently switched the spine on the Basic Instinct steel and now seem to stick with it...

Reactions: Shark
You know there's EZ solution to this.
Just put it vice versa upside down. :giggle::D:smuggrin:
Best is just to ignore it and don't purchase it. And if you did that with one that you have, please say also how crazy will look with all other "stuff" on the spine, which in your case will be LITERALLY upside-down.
I think I have enough T2 editions, and this one doesn't seem to be extraordinary, especially that I'm guessing the majority of it will be "bare metal" not silver paint. IF will be SHINY-CHROME as it was the T1000, MAYBE will be better... but... 99.99% won't be.

Reactions: WKRP
Yet another edition of the T2 (SO MANY of this) movie, and with the SteelBook having the spine upside-down, like the french ones... :(
That's because StudioCanal is a French film production distributor that do releases in France/UK/Ireland/Germany/Australia/New Zealand

Some of there releases will have spine that way on steelbooks due to getting a release in France same time

When it's a UK release only that is when you can be sure of title be not upside down

It can also depend on if released at different time in other locations

Most releases though spine title not upside down it's only a few that had spine title wrong way

• Informative
Reactions: Stygian
Really? I thought you will like this crap :naughty:

It's so bad isn't it :(

Had high hopes for this when Studio Canal teased a re-release for the 30th anniversary (especially after the awesome Total Recall and Basic Instinct steelbooks) but this is a major letdown

Not sure I like the new disco-tech Best Buy steelbook either (n)

I don't understand that comment - the StudioCanal steelbooks released simultaneously in France, UK and Germany are all identical, no?
They recently switched the spine on the Basic Instinct steel and now seem to stick with it...
Sorry, you did not understand what I've said?
I thought I put enough words and also example to be clear, but sure, let me know if I can make my comment any clearer than that.
Please keep in mind that I KNOW that (usually) the french editions of SteelBooks have the spine written "upside-down" compared with the rest of the world, and I do have few of those too, so I know about it.
And I simply find it at least a bit strange that they "venture" to sell this, like that, in UK, where (as in most any other location on this planet), to my knowledge, is a big aversion to this kind of spine.

Reactions: BatOutOfHell
That's because StudioCanal is a French film production distributor that do releases in France/UK/Ireland/Germany/Australia/New Zealand

Some of there releases will have spine that way on steelbooks due to getting a release in France same time

When it's a UK release only that is when you can be sure of title be not upside down

It can also depend on if released at different time in other locations

Most releases though spine title not upside down it's only a few that had spine title wrong way
Thanks Paul, I did know this too, just expressed my opinion, as I know not many like this kind of spine, and maybe nobody else noticed it before I wrote about it.