Terminator 2: Judgment Day (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

In the meantime in FA headquarters:

giphy.gif
StudioCanal, not FOX :D:D

I rushed a preorder in as I really like this steel, but now i’ve read nothing but appalling reviews of the 4K disc i’m going to have to cancel :dunno:

Look like there could be trouble ahead

FilmArena not happy

Jan just posted this to me on Facebook

Dear Paul, you are right about the rights to the movie and distribution, but the copyright to our concept of this SteelBook (approved by STUDIO CANAL) belongs to us and we have not provided it to any third party yet. That is why it is rational to think that we should be at least informed what was going on with our creation. Under these circumstances, we have asked the producer of SteelBooks and also STUDIO CANAL to explain the situation. We are very sorry, but we have agreed with our law agency not to share any further information to this case until the investigation has been finished.

Thank you for understanding. Jan for Team FA

I have ordered this one. I really wanted the FA edition but they have been messing around with the shipping. If they would of left things the way it was. They would of sold out a long time ago all of their editions of this film.

Last edited:
Reactions: djjez83
Hahahahaha. Love it, Jan getting angry that is. Interesting response considering he likes to use other people’s designs without their permission!!!

Sounds like a similar situation to manta and HMVs kingsman and the upcoming French deadpool 2

Although with kingsman it seems the way round it was a worse finish (which I expect will be the same with deadpool 2)

I see thanks. Paul mentioned the FAC 4k vs Zavvi discs are different
What's the difference in disc content?
Many thanks

I think he retracted the statement, they are the same, discs and all. Right @paulboland ?
No FilmArena release is 3 Discs
Ultimate Cut has it's own Disc

FilimArena Discs in E1
Disc 1 4K UHD (4K UHD movie theatrical cut (137min.)
Disc 2 Blu-ray (2D digitally restored theatrical cut (137min + Extras)
Disc 3 Blu-ray (2D originally mastered Ultimate Cut (156 min aka The Extended Cut)

UK
DISC ONE (Blu-ray 4K)
* The Film - Theatrical Cut (2160p)

DISC TWO (Blu-ray)
* The Film - Theatrical Cut (1080p)
* The Film - Extended Cut (1080p)
* The Film - Special Edition Cut (1080p)
+Extras

And pay out more when I don't need to? Yeah, that sounds a plan lol. What appears to be the exact same steelbook on FA website is 1200 CZK, which today equates to around £42 without shipping costs even considered. I've tentatively ordered with zavvi for a total of £26.18 delivered.

Such an FAC Ambassador :p

Not sure if people know, but when you log in to the Filmarena site, the prices are always lower. The T2 steelbook is $991 CZK. Still more expensive than Zavvi, but a bit lower than the price shown when not logged in.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DMD4k
lets be honest, this is not original design. its the same art that has been used since the original release on VHS in what, 1991?

its laughable and frankly embarrassing that people claim ownership to an artwork when all they have done is added an embossing effect and a corny glow in the dark treatment.

release the steel as planned please. the studio/publishers own the art.

the terms WEA, exclusive, limited edition, collectable etc are all marketing gimmicks for the foolish. just release it and I will buy it. I don't care if there are 700,000,000,00 copies on the market, I just want one.

Not sure if people know, but when you log in to the Filmarena site, the prices are always lower. The T2 steelbook is $991 CZK. Still more expensive than Zavvi, but a bit lower than the price shown when not logged in.
Doesn't work like that for me. The FA version of this steelbook with the 4K discs is 1199CZK whether I'm logged in or not. :dunno:

Reactions: MM3
lets be honest, this is not original design. its the same art that has been used since the original release on VHS in what, 1991?

its laughable and frankly embarrassing that people claim ownership to an artwork when all they have done is added an embossing effect and a corny glow in the dark treatment.

release the steel as planned please. the studio/publishers own the art.

the terms WEA, exclusive, limited edition, collectable etc are all marketing gimmicks for the foolish. just release it and I will buy it. I don't care if there are 700,000,000,00 copies on the market, I just want one.

Exactly. Claiming ownership of artwork that’s been about since day one comes across a little strange. That art wasn’t created by FA, it was repurposed.