Terminator 2: Judgment Day (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

73191609_275201450071583_3667430268626534400_n.jpg
75464188_445150653046462_2245601961128755200_n.jpg

My copy arrived this morning. I really like it, I only ever owned the Skynet Edition UK steelbook as the artwork for all other releases was always crap so i never bothered with another copy. This however imo is the best artwork for this movie they have done on a steelbook.

Reactions: jasong and Blu Nick
My copy arrived this morning. I really like it, I only ever owned the Skynet Edition UK steelbook as the artwork for all other releases was always crap so i never bothered with another copy. This however imo is the best artwork for this movie they have done on a steelbook.
The best is the one from HDZeta :)

After missing out on the Nova and not wanting to pay the sky high price of the FA version, this is great and definitely unexpected.

Reactions: thewoe
Just got around to opening mine and I'm honestly not too impressed... the matte finish is really streaky and the embossing is misaligned on my copy. Feels/looks pretty cheap overall IMO.

Reactions: djjez83
Just got around to opening mine and I'm honestly not too impressed... the matte finish is really streaky and the embossing is misaligned on my copy. Feels/looks pretty cheap overall IMO.

the finish is awful on it. like theres a funny texture on the embossing. the novamedia steelbook blows it away plus its gloss

Reactions: Noodles
the finish is awful on it. like theres a funny texture on the embossing. the novamedia steelbook blows it away plus its gloss
Hmm yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of that rough/grainy texture either, but it's the coating for the glow in the dark effect, so I'm guessing there's no way around it unless they removed the GID feature completely -- personally I'd rather they did and just glossed the whole thing instead.

Reactions: djjez83 and yy0925
Hmm yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of that rough/grainy texture either, but it's the coating for the glow in the dark effect, so I'm guessing there's no way around it unless they removed the GID feature completely -- personally I'd rather they did and just glossed the whole thing instead.
Does the steelbook actually glow? I'm curious about picking this up once it gets back on sale..

Does the steelbook actually glow? I'm curious about picking this up once it gets back on sale..
It gets me why people don't understand the mechanics of the glow in the dark effect, it's been mentioned in this thread numerous times how it works, but the titles and the image (arnie and bike/gun etc) have a special coating, this coating needs to be 'charged up' with a strong light source (daylight/sun/fluorescent light/UV light etc...) for a few minutes and the effect is quite striking when you look at it in a dark room/night. I think a UV source shows it up straight away.

Mine works a treat, but it is ultimately a pointless gimmick, but at least I have a good looking T2 steelbook now...

• Thanks
Reactions: j_uk
It gets me why people don't understand the mechanics of the glow in the dark effect, it's been mentioned in this thread numerous times how it works, but the titles and the image (arnie and bike/gun etc) have a special coating, this coating needs to be 'charged up' with a strong light source (daylight/sun/fluorescent light/UV light etc...) for a few minutes and the effect is quite striking when you look at it in a dark room/night. I think a UV source shows it up straight away.

Mine works a treat, but it is ultimately a pointless gimmick, but at least I have a good looking T2 steelbook now...
Beat me to it. :p :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
It does, but you have to hold it under a bright light for a few minutes before you get the right effect in the dark. Not a huge fan of this steelbook, but I was after a 4k version, so got this for the "novelty" factor in all honesty.

• Thanks
Reactions: j_uk

Thanks for the info!