Terminator 2: Judgment Day (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray) (Endo Arm Special Edition) [UK]

Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
Release date: July 23, 2018
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon - HMV
Price: £124.99 £179.99 (Zavvi) - £111.25 £149.99 (Amazon) - £149.99 (HMV)

11515067-1464500109265118.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the chat with Amazon's support and I did not get the price decreased.
Please let me know what to do, and what is your actual status:
have you had made the preorder before, that was canceled and then made again preorder, or made just one preorder, today/yesterday?

Thanks in advance for any relevant information and suggestions you might provide!
I basically said i was extremely unhappy how id pre ordered it back in july, and how they cancelled it and re listed it shortly after at a higher price.

Ok i contacted them they said theyd refund the difference on dispatch but cant change the invoice

My opinion is that while your/our money are not yet taken, this is not an actual invoice, but a pro-forma, which, by definition can be changed/altered/modified.
Therefore, they SHOULD change it.

Reactions: elle82
Yes a lot of us on here ordered it shortly after it went live on amazon which is why theyre altering it. Im not sure theyll do that for you if you didnt have a pre order unfortunately

Well, I'm still optimistic and wait for @DarkChild response, since he said in post #271 that he ultimately got a better price, but I'm not sure if he had also a previously canceled preorder.
I hope he did not... :)

But, most likely he is sleeping right now, which l should also do (2:43 AM). :sleep:

if you never preordered it before then you would/should not get a better price. The reason people are asking for the price it was before is that this was cancelled about a week ago and then put back up for the higher cost. right away. Its not like amazon to pull this on people.

• Thanks
if you never preordered it before then you would/should not get a better price. The reason people are asking for the price it was before is that this was cancelled about a week ago and then put back up for the higher cost. right away. Its not like amazon to pull this on people.

But how can they justifiably charge people different prices for the same item ?. Unless the item is on sale / reduced the price should be the same for all.

For people who ordered with Amazon I would try saying something like a few of my friends who also ordered this have had their price reduced to the original amount and see what they say.

Say how unhappy you are about this and I would be pretty suprised if they don't offer you some sort of resolution.

But how can they justifiably charge people different prices for the same item ?. Unless the item is on sale / reduced the price should be the same for all.

For people who ordered with Amazon I would try saying something like a few of my friends who also ordered this have had their price reduced to the original amount and see what they say.

Say how unhappy you are about this and I would be pretty suprised if they don't offer you some sort of resolution.

I am totally with you on this, and I am also think is quite unfair that Amazon changed price now, ESPECIALLY that they did that "hocus-pocus" with earlier preorders.
This to me sounds as plain discrimination: same product, different prices on same preorder "pack" (the one from now).

happens all the time. Some people preorder the second in goes live. They will get the lowest price it ever goes to before release. So if it was $90 when you ordered and then drops to $75 10 days before release and then back up to $100 a a day before, the person orders it the day before pays $100 and the other pays $75.

• Thanks
happens all the time. Some people preorder the second in goes live. They will get the lowest price it ever goes to before release. So if it was $90 when you ordered and then drops to $75 10 days before release and then back up to $100 a a day before, the person orders it the day before pays $100 and the other pays $75.

You're right, but we're talking here about orders done in just one day, the same day (23 February), right?!?!

I get that but the orders for the lower price where cancelled weren't they ?. I'm purely on about some people having there prices reduced even though they all ordered on the same day. My point is that it's madness that Amazon would charge people different prices for the same item ordered at the same time

I get that but the orders for the lower price where cancelled weren't they ?. I'm purely on about some people having there prices reduced even though they all ordered on the same day. My point is that it's madness that Amazon would charge people different prices for the same item ordered at the same time
right which is why this is even a debate. They shouldnt have cancelled them to begin with only to turn around and put it up for order again at a much higher price.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lewis Watts
As I understand it, Amazon did not cancel their initial order by virtue of their choice but my circumstances they were presented.
Now, I have ordered one at the new exorbitant price and considering the Canadian Dollar is on a race to the bottom of the G7 currencies, not overly impressed by the exchange that rips $325 Cdn out of my wallet.
But Zavvi and Amazon did not create this fiasco, they are adjusting to meet it.
Personally, I'm just glad it's going forward, as there was serious doubts it would. :)

edit: and considering that Zavvi sold out in a day, even at the new price, they are not gonna shed too many tears for those felt jilted I suspect.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mark Wilson