Release date: November 21, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €28.99
Notes: Glow in the Dark - 3 Discs

12269684-1074701227487039.jpg

51QPfM+m6SL._AC_SY400_.jpg
12269684-8824701227892366.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @paulboland. But I was not comparing the content with the Fimarena release.
Amazon.de previously announced a 3-Disc steelbook themselves. Now it seems uncertain if it will be a steelbook at all.
Following the discussion about the copyright for the design from Filmarena, I am just wondering if StudioCanal is not allowed to release the same steelbook elsewhere after all...
Amazon Germany did not have listed previously as 3 discs

UK and Germany Steelbook and Amaray 4K releases is 2 Discs
It's the same 2 discs as previously released in 4K Amaray release

That was a Typo error they had

UK and Germany
StudioCanal UK/Germany release
4K scan remastered transfers of Theatrical cut only

Disc 1 4K UHD (Theatrical cut 137 min)
Disc 2 Blu-ray Theatrical cut with seamless branching option of Special Edition Cut 153 min and Extended Cut 156 min + Extras
Theatrical cut 4K scan remastered

Exact same discs as previously released

The only thing that might change is won't be a steelbook

That was a Typo error they had

UK and Germany
StudioCanal UK/Germany release
4K scan remastered transfers of Theatrical cut only

Disc 1 4K UHD (Theatrical cut 137 min)
Disc 2 Blu-ray Theatrical cut with seamless branching option of Special Edition Cut 153 min and Extended Cut 156 min + Extras
Theatrical cut 4K scan remastered

Exact same discs as previously released

And my original pre-order email confirmation:

screen3.PNG

Even if it's a Typo error for the number of the discs, the point is that they took out "steelbook" from product name days after listing, which I don't think is a Typo error :)

And my original pre-order email confirmation:

View attachment 445920

Even if it's a Typo error for the number of the discs, the point is that they took out "steelbook" from product name days after listing, which I don't think is a Typo error :)
3 Discs was a Typo error
All 4K releases in UK/Germany is 2 Discs

If Steelbook still going ahead is a different matter and depends on what happens with FilmArena and their legal action
This is also why Steelbook suddenly sold out on Zavvi just after Jan posted his reply to me

3 Discs was a Typo error
All 4K releases in UK/Germany is 2 Discs

If Steelbook still going ahead is a different matter and depends on what happens with FilmArena and their legal action
This is also why Steelbook suddenly sold out on Zavvi just after Jan posted his reply to me

Finger crossed it's still that Filmarena steelbook.

being sold out on zavvi proves nothing

1- a steelbook for terminator 2 with this art is highly desirable.

2- its the same as an artwork available 'exclusively' elsewhere at a premium price and limited availability, of course it will sell out on zavvi.

3- its terminator 2.

being sold out on zavvi proves nothing

1- a steelbook for terminator 2 with this art is highly desirable.

2- its the same as an artwork available 'exclusively' elsewhere at a premium price and limited availability, of course it will sell out on zavvi.

3- its terminator 2.
Listing on Zavvi changed when FilmArena contacted StudioCanal and Zavvi

Amazon Germany now not listing as a Steelbook and never showed the artwork on their website

Steelbook release if happening will depend on what happens between FilmArena and StudioCanal
FilmArena said we have agreed with our law agency not to share any further information to this case until the investigation has been finished.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: pioneer and DMD4k
Listing on Zavvi changed when FilmArena contacted StudioCanal and Zavvi

Amazon Germany now not listing as a Steelbook and never showed the artwork on their website

Steelbook release if happening will depend on what happens between FilmArena and StudioCanal
FilmArena said we have agreed with our law agency not to share any further information to this case until the investigation has been finished.

My order with Zavvi still stands and I hope it stays that way.

So, to cut to the chase here.....I have the Zavvi preordered. Is it now better to get the German Amazon release if I am also looking for the 3D version? As my understanding of the situation, Zavvi is only a 2 disc version. Not to mention the Blu-ray is region B locked. (which I suppose the German blu ray disc might also be as well)