Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #110) [Czech Republic]

Which artwork do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: February 27, 2019 (E4 - E5) - March 13 (E1) - March 20 (E2) - Apil 10 May 20 (E3)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1499 CZK (E1) - 1299 CZK (E2 ) - 3999 CZK (E3) - 1199 CZK (E4 - 4K) - 799 CZK (E5 - 3D)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5
Note: The 4K T2 steelbook will feature embossing on the front and the back. The SteelBook varnish has also been chosen to be matte due to the application of another special layer of GLOW IN THE DARK EFFECT varnish, which is fluorescent lighting in the dark. Inside the SteelBook there will be 3 discs - remastered UHD theatrical, 2D remastered theatrical and 2D original ultimate cut.
1. E1 Full Slip 4K Steel #1
2. E2 Double Lenti 3D Steel #2
3. E3 Maniac Box (includes E1+E2+T-800 Chip Replica+Mug+T-Shirt) (T-Shirt size options: X/M/L/XL/XXL)
4. E4 Numbered 4K Steel #1 in 1/4 slip
5. E5 Numbered 3D Steel #2 in 1/4 slip

48374203_2219456031504694_3827629241642516480_o.jpg48317972_2219456044838026_5541935635062849536_o.jpg48171809_2218593584924272_4752169609791012864_o.jpg

26850041_1660354414081528_2594389753911570544_o.jpg26757142_1660354410748195_1093102256974145517_o.jpg
Vote in the poll for your favorite back artwork (click on individual pics for bigger view).

Voting is also open at Film Arena's facebook page, link herewith.

11885242_10153537435112630_3000451483467523335_n.jpg11831815_10153537435232630_2005190787569693660_n.jpg11898577_10153537435127630_8303102824996332871_n.jpg11880332_10153537435222630_9012420103222183088_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm but an apprentice next to Actarus. Come to think of it, I don't even have a collectible number!

There was a time when he took things to the next level, which is why I gave him the monicker. :LOL:

He has since toned down a bit, but the “title” stayed. :p

• Haha
Reactions: harry
There was a time when he took things to the next level, which is why I gave him the monicker. :LOL:

He has since toned down a bit, but the “title” stayed. :p
He has??? I can't imagine what it was like before then lol

He has??? I can't imagine what it was like before then lol

Just to be clear, @Actarus is one of the nicest people around, but let’s just say there was a time where he was way too “passionate”. I still like to pull his leg every now and then. :)

Back to this release, which one are you leaning towards?

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
I equally adore both a gloss and a matte finish and I never understood the hatred that matte gets overall. For one, they can be less of a fingerprint magnet and they tend to be less prone to scratches / streaks.

As an owner of close to 700 Steels and a broke ass father of 3 :wow: (Thanks @Wreck :rofl:) most of my personal top tier favourites happen to be matte (I know you gloss lovers have a few guilty pleasures, out with 'em :LOL:)

Obviously it's all subjective akin to the artwork choices we're given and I totally know and understand how a gloss in-hand can feel more "premium" but is anybody here celebrating the fact that the 4k option might look and feel completely different to Nova's job?

Yes the Novemedia is a stunner but is anyone irked by FAC's choice to go matte or do they have faith?

The one thing that has me slightly worried is the talk of this glow in the dark effect. This might have worked well for Train to Busan but honestly, no thanks Filmarena, I get that you're experimenting right now with XXXXXL slips and protruding faces (Prometheus buyers remorse) but I don't need my endoskeleton nor my Arnie in glowing flourescent patches.

I'm ecstatic for this release and I truly don't care about the choice of matte but with this glow in the dark speak I can't help but feel the definitive premium will remain in Novas court upon release of this.

What do you guys think?

• Haha
Reactions: Wreck
I equally adore both a gloss and a matte finish and I never understood the hatred that matte gets overall. For one, they can be less of a fingerprint magnet and they tend to be less prone to scratches / streaks.

As an owner of close to 700 Steels and a broke ass father of 3 :wow: (Thanks @Wreck :rofl:) most of my personal top tier favourites happen to be matte (I know you gloss lovers have a few guilty pleasures, out with 'em :LOL:)

Obviously it's all subjective akin to the artwork choices we're given and I totally know and understand how a gloss in-hand can feel more "premium" but is anybody here celebrating the fact that the 4k option might look and feel completely different to Nova's job?

Yes the Novemedia is a stunner but is anyone irked by FAC's choice to go matte or do they have faith?

The one thing that has me slightly worried is the talk of this glow in the dark effect. This might have worked well for Train to Busan but honestly, no thanks Filmarena, I get that you're experimenting right now with XXXXXL slips and protruding faces (Prometheus buyers remorse) but I don't need my endoskeleton nor my Arnie in glowing flourescent patches.

I'm ecstatic for this release and I truly don't care about the choice of matte but with this glow in the dark speak I can't help but feel the definitive premium will remain in Novas court upon release of this.

What do you guys think?

Well I think it's only going to glow in the dark if you take it out of the slip and sit with it...in the dark.
So you could always avoid doing that. ;)

Well I think it's only going to glow in the dark if you take it out of the slip and sit with it...in the dark.

Oh is that how it works, thanks for that, I forgot. :thumbs:

I had consumed an ungodly amount of wine when writing that post. When I said glowing fluorescent patches what I meant to say was that I was concerned about the application of another special layer of glow in the dark varnish similar to what they used on Train to Busan. I was worried that the same effect they used for the handprint on that would be more subtle / thinner but noticeable on certain areas of this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian

But I thought we all loved and took our steelbooks to bed with us in the dark on here, no?

What with all the finishes out there a lot of members, myself included carry on as if they are living breathing things ;)

• Haha
Oh is that how it works, thanks for that, I forgot. :thumbs:

I had consumed an ungodly amount of wine when writing that post. When I said glowing fluorescent patches what I meant to say was that I was concerned about the application of another special layer of glow in the dark varnish similar to what they used on Train to Busan. I was worried that the same effect they used for the handprint on that would be more subtle / thinner but noticeable on certain areas of this.

I had a feeling that you were talking about the extra finish and not the glow in the dark factor. I understand what you're saying.
It would most likely be better as just a regular steelbook. No need to get gimmicky. I agree. I would prefer it without the glow in the dark aspect.

I had a feeling that you were talking about the extra finish and not the glow in the dark factor. I understand what you're saying.
It would most likely be better as just a regular steelbook. No need to get gimmicky. I agree. I would prefer it without the glow in the dark aspect.

No worries man, I can see how my initial wording caused this hilarity. Thankfully you know what I'm on about now. I'm just worried about how exactly this is gonna look in-hand because proper info from them as of recent seems to be lackluster.

I want that unique 4K steel as I already own the Zavvi 3D but if that original poster art is marred by some weird green / white effect all for theatrics it's truly gonna be painful for those that make that choice given that the E2 IMO has the better slip overall. I'm really leaning towards E2 for inner artwork and slip but I'm taking the gamble to get that unique steel as I don't own the Novamedia one unfortunately.

Goddamn choices in this hobby!!

• Thanks
Dear collectors,

we kindly provide you with a quick summary of the Blu-ray disc configuration TERMINATOR 2 Ultimate Cut.

We finally confirm that the original version movie disc features the ultimate cut (156 minutes) only. We are correcting the information that the ULTIMATE CUT disc will feature also the special cut and theatrical cut. We are sorry but the Blu-ray disc does not offer more space to get all the three cuts on a disc. Therefore why we preferred the longest cut.

In the picture below you can find all technical data tested on BD INFO.

We would love to inform you that the start of pre-orders has been moved to the next week. The pre-orders for all customers will start on December 20, 2018 (Still collector's number holders will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)

Further information and beauty shots will be shared online day by day :)

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Team FAC

4FFA70AA-A8E3-47CC-B887-1268DB4E662E.jpeg

I actually don't think I've watched this cut before, I'm just familiar with the special cut, I'm hoping it's the same thing with a few extra minutes and nothing taken out.

So we get the theatrical in the 4k (e1) and the director's cut in BD?
The theatrical cut only was remastered for the 3D film release
The remastered version was released on 4K UHD - 3D Blu-ray and 2D Blu-ray

Special Cut and Ultimate Cut did not get a remaster

Filmarena each edition is 3 Discs
E1
Disc 1 4K UHD (Theatrical cut Remastered Version)
Disc 2 2D Blu-ray (Theatrical cut Remastered Version)
Disc 3 2D Blu-ray (Ultimate Cut)

E2
Disc 1 3D Blu-ray (Theatrical cut Remastered)
Disc 2 2D Blu-ray (Theatrical cut Remastered)

3D Blu-ray has the better remaster in terms of picture quality compared to 4K UHD and 2D Blu-ray

E1

E2

3D Blu-ray has the better remaster in terms of picture quality compared to 4K UHD and 2D Blu-ray
Yeah, watched the 3D version last night. It looks fantastic. Crystal clear.

Reactions: paulboland

E1

E2

OK when I read the update I thought they were saying that only the Ultimate cut would be available and not the theatrical version but if each set has 3 discs then that's cool.

So are some these descriptions that people are mentioning the same cut or are all of these different cuts?

"Ultimate Cut"
"Special Cut"
"Director's Cut"

Does anybody know what the differences are between them and which are actually part of this release? I'm only really familiar with the Theatrical Cut and the "Special Edition" I think it was called on the VHS tape.

Thank you.