Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
??

The Korean has exclusive artwork .

There is no play.com Terminator 2 steelbook either??

Play.com's exclusive 'TERMINATOR 2:JUDGMENT DAY' steelbook which I bought in June 2009 is in front of me as I type complete with GBP 17.99 price sticker and with artwork that LOOKS suspiciously like
that on the Korean.
I may be in a minority if only because I only buy steelbooks from the U.K. and am not interested in paying a fortune for artcards and a slipcase for a steelbook - why a slipcase for a steelbook?
Doesn't this kind of defeat the object unless the artwork on the steelbook stinks. Why "Hide its light under a bushel"?

Play.com's exclusive 'TERMINATOR 2:JUDGMENT DAY' steelbook which I bought in June 2009 is in front of me as I type complete with GBP 17.99 price sticker and with artwork that LOOKS suspiciously like
that on the Korean.
I may be in a minority if only because I only buy steelbooks from the U.K. and am not interested in paying a fortune for artcards and a slipcase for a steelbook - why a slipcase for a steelbook?
Doesn't this kind of defeat the object unless the artwork on the steelbook stinks. Why "Hide its light under a bushel"?
If it's the Skynet T2 one, that wasn't a play exclusive. The first Terminator was the only play exclusive if I remember correctly. (I didn't even know play.com did price stickers!)

And the Skynet edition is nothing like the Korean one. No debossing, no inside art.

No comparison!

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ IXS
If it's the Skynet T2 one, that wasn't a play exclusive. The first Terminator was the only play exclusive if I remember correctly. (I didn't even know play.com did price stickers!)

And the Skynet edition is nothing like the Korean one. No debossing, no inside art.

No comparison!
I'll need to double-check my 2009 accounts to see where I bought it from although I always thought it was from Play as the price sticker is different to the HMV online stickers on some of my other steelbooks.
Your point is well taken about price stickers from Play.com so I'll have to check my other Play steelbooks from the period to see if they have similar stickers though I used to shop a lot in my local HMV at the time and possibly bought it there though the sticker doesn't reveal this.
As I said, the artwork of the two LOOK the same at first glance but thanks to the photos kindly provided I can see what you are on about regarding debossing as the Skynet is flat as a pancake.

EDIT: You are right about it not being a Play.com exclusive as I've just seen a four-year-old 'hot deal' where this was offered on Amazon for GBP 7.29 and if available at Amazon I imagine it was also available instore at HMV.

EDIT: Just had another look at your photos and I have to agree with you that it's a very handsome steelbook as the debossing adds the touch of class and quality lacking in the U.K. edition.

EDIT: RE: Play.com exclusive - must have got it mixed up with 'Terminator Salvation', also from 2009, for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Anybody recall the price of the Korean 'T2' at pre-order? Now it's a very respectable GBP 75 - 80 on the auction site.
I refuse however to break the habit of only buying U.K., no matter how desirable the chunk of steel is, by buying from abroad because that might be a slippery slope and as a collector I'd probably end up hunting for a complete set of steelbooks from that country. . . and of course there's the problem of shelf space apart from the cost. . .
On the other hand I hope that the upcoming Zavvi will have embossing/debossing on the front image to give it some depth and all the bells and whistles to make it a worthy successor to the 2009 edition.

Anybody recall the price of the Korean 'T2' at pre-order? Now it's a very respectable GBP 75 - 80 on the auction site.
I refuse however to break the habit of only buying U.K., no matter how desirable the chunk of steel is, by buying from abroad because that might be a slippery slope and as a collector I'd probably end up hunting for a complete set of steelbooks from that country. . . and of course there's the problem of shelf space apart from the cost. . .
On the other hand I hope that the upcoming Zavvi will have embossing/debossing on the front image to give it some depth and all the bells and whistles to make it a worthy successor to the 2009 edition.

My copy cost £28.75 including postage according to my records. I actually sold my copy of the Skynet Steelbook, bought the Kimchi edition and had money to spare. :D

Reactions: virkia
You're missing out on so many quality steelbooks by just buying British mate.

It wouldn't hurt to shop around international eBay sites for a better deal. Also you might get lucky by asking for a copy in the trade section.

Reactions: virkia
Have you never heard of the Korean Steelbook ?

Pick of the bunch for me.

I really don't like it. The image of the terminator looks so wrong to me, like a not-quite-there fan made render. When you compare it with this one it looks kind of derpy and baby-faced, even though the Zavvi one has the cartoon filter on it

The artwork is so bad i'm getting rid of my T1, was hoping for a nice matching trilogy, guess not.... well done zavvi! Why do i shop there....

I'm pretty sure this is a shared print-run, Zavvi had no say on the art.

Asked and answered a few pages back. Each of the Terminator films has a different distributor, hence no matching trilogy in the Steelbook format.

It's the respective film's distributors that have determined the artwork being used. Zavvi are merely selling them.

You did ask.
???
At a loss to understand your snide comment - I was clearly patting this member on the back for getting such a good deal on the Korean 'T2' and that was after thanking him for replying as well as for taking the time to check his old records.

Last edited: