Terminator 2: Judgment day Premium Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) 1.0-Embossed [Japan]

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Release date: December 5th, 2008
Purchase link: Amazon.jp

51SRWQv8LVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

20a2a1909fa01615dce1f110.L._AA300_.jpg

6110a1909fa0f93b2cb5f110.L._AA300_.jpg

ce7da1909fa02615dce1f110.L._AA300_.jpg
69cea1909fa01615dce1f110.L._AA300_.jpg

Scan:
T2JP.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to Elena)
T2.jpg

T2a.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 321
  • 04a.jpg
    04a.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 352
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 931
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 297
Yeah the extra 2 scenes which don't make any sense but as a completist i understand that you would´ve wanted it. As for the audio i don't think you can hear the difference ( both lossless ) but the japanese one has more special features.

Yeah I dont mind barebones kimichi as I got all the extras on the dvd and japanese blu ray. :)

I just received the Japanese 1.0 today and i popped in the disc and took a quick look at it. I must say the special features are much more appreciated on this rather than viewed PIP on the skynet but the picture quality didn't impress me compared to the Skynet Edition. This transfer reminded me of New Zealand´s release of T2 on Blu-ray with little more film look to it and not so clean transfer with a little debris here and there and i must say that T1 re-mastered edition is much better and T2 just needs a 4k remaster or something just a much better scan.

Does anybody know if the Japanese V1.0 or V2.0 (or both) discs were ever released on AMARAY in Japan? Or were they only ever released in these Steelbook versions? If they were, are they readily available at a reasonable price?

I already own the UK Skynet steel and wouldn't mind seeing the (albeit slightly different) encode......without paying a premium.

I can't find them so I am thinking no. It seems strange as every other Steelbook of T2 (as far as I am aware) has an AMARAY counterpart in its released territory. What does Joe public do for a copy of T2 on Blu in Japan?

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the Japanese V1.0 or V2.0 (or both) discs were ever released on AMARAY in Japan? Or were they only ever released in these Steelbook versions? If they were, are they readily available at a reasonable price?

I already own the UK Skynet steel and wouldn't mind seeing the (albeit slightly different) encode......without paying a premium.

I can't find them so I am thinking no. It seems strange as every other Steelbook of T2 (as far as I am aware) has an AMARAY counterpart in its released territory. What does Joe public do for a copy of T2 on Blu in Japan?

Right Here....

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B003DNJ2NW/?tag=hdnjp-22

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blackbyers
Thanks! So would I be correct in assuming this is region free and just the same as the 2.0 steel? I think I am going to get this are amazon.jp easy to order from? Thanks :thumbs:

It's the same disc as the one in the 2.0 steel but it states its region A....
Amazon.jp are easy to order from but you will need to set up an account as your UK one does not work with them....;)

If you have a multi region player then it's no problem.

Reactions: blackbyers
It's the same disc as the one in the 2.0 steel but it states its region A....
Amazon.jp are easy to order from but you will need to set up an account as your UK one does not work with them....;)

If you have a multi region player then it's no problem.

Thanks again, I have set up my order and it was actually pretty easy. The disc is obviously officially rated as Region A being from Japan as you say.

I did a google search and found the amaray listed on BD (I probably should have done that earlier but after checking play-asia, cd japan & yesasia to no avail I assumed an amaray didn't exist) On BD it says A confirmed and B/C are untested.

Underneath on that page it has a listing for the 2.0 steel version which is listed as A+B confirmed. Assuming it is the exact same disc in the amaray as you say I think I am good to go. Gonna grab this and convert my UK Skynet steel into a 3-disc.

Thanks for the link and your help, the main reason I was asking is i was just about to pull the trigger on the Ver 1.0 steel this way I save money and get the DTS-HD mix to boot :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: digitalbabe