Terminator 2: Judgment day Premium Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) 2.0 [Japan]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 20, 2009
Purchase link: [URL="http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002P69TM2/?tag=hdnjp-22"]Amazon.co.jp[/URL] (Sold-out)
Terminator 2 - v2.0 w/Black Slip Owners Club: Click here to join

Specs:
1080p MPEG-4 AVC
English & Japanese DTS-HD MA 5.1
English DD 2.0
Japanese Fuji Telecasting Co. Broadcast Edition Mono 1.0
2 Commentary Tracks
2xBD50
139 mins (Theatrical Version)
153 mins (Extended Edition)
CinemaScope
2 Deleted Scenes
24p Booklet in Japanese
Difference between 1.0 and 2.0:
"The audio is DTS HD MSTR instead of Dolby True HD on the 1.0 version"

51IG%2Bwne4qL._AA300_.jpg

Actual pictures:

v1.0 vs v2.0:

Attachments

• 51ig2bwne4qlss500.jpg
    51ig2bwne4qlss500.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 452
  • gu01f.jpg
    gu01f.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by a moderator:
reminder to members - please do a search on the the thread title before adding a new thread. threads have been merged.

thanks.

Is there any real, as in even top end home AV gear, between DTS HD MSTR & Dolby True HD

I've got the 1.0 version of this & was quite shocked at the difference in price for a sexy black slip :)

I have never understood why this is so rare lol
It's just the overrated embossed slipcover, makes it for certain peope rare. But not for me. :) :D

In the end it's the same steelbook only difference is, the master on the Blu-ray it self. Version 2 has a better master.

You can get it for around $800 off the amazon.jp marketplace if you want one. This one is worth more than IM. THis is the holy grail of all steelbooks.

version 2.0 has the same master as 1.0, actually the only difference is that 2.0 has DTS MSTR AUDIO and not DOLBY TRUE HD. oh almost forgot and a black slipcover.

also its very unlikely you will tell a difference in audio either between the two.

I suspected as much. I'm sure some computer programme could easily tell where the bitrate differs, but uncompressed is uncompressed in my experience.

Reactions: jimk
Are these Japanese masters different than the US Skynet Edition master? Or the masters that made it into the other T2 Steels (Mexico, Germany, UK, etc.)?

Yes the japanese is a different transfer, mpeg 4 avc codec. All other editions are the skynet edition vc-1 codec and DNR'd i believe. I think japan has the best transfer personally. Although im sure someone will disagree.

Are these Japanese masters different than the US Skynet Edition master? Or the masters that made it into the other T2 Steels (Mexico, Germany, UK, etc.)?

I'm not sure. I know it had a different encode, but I have no idea when it comes to the source master.