Terminator Salvation

Jan 30, 2009
England
terminatormotionposter.jpg

Trailers and information- http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=20443

Anyone else looking forward to this film?What are your thoughts?

I liked 2 at the time it came out. Now it's pretty lame LOL Didn't really care for the other 2 as well though. But this one does look like it will better than the rest.

Yeah looks like a good reboot of the series. Bale seems to be dipping his hand in alot of things at the momment.

I don't think this is meant to be a reboot of the series, but more of a continuation of the events in 1-3. Notice how they are in the future now fighting the machines? :)

The above is correct....

Now the Terminator movie is taking on the turn of the resistance rather than the prevention of. Always screwing up a minute detail in the attempt to save the world from skynet... Sounds like they're going to aim for the events in the runup to john connor sending back his dad.

I will definitely be seeing this movie.. when it comes out on blu-ray and all of you who ran out to see it report back that its not junk. :twisted:

Terminator 5 Will Shred All Of The Franchise's Most Sacred Rules, McG Promises

We still don't know what Terminator Salvation's controversial ending will be. But it can't possibly be as controversial as McG's batshit-crazy plans for Terminator 5. Spoilers (sort of) below. Plus a few new pics.

Talking to Film Journal, McG explained what he thinks will happen in his second Terminator film:

I strongly suspect the next movie is going to take place in a [pre-Judgment Day] 2011. John Connor is going to travel back in time and he's going to have to galvanize the militaries of the world for an impending Skynet invasion. They've figured out time travel to the degree where they can send more than [just] one naked entity. So you're going to have hunter killers and transports and harvesters and everything arriving in our time and Connor fighting back with conventional military warfare, which I think is going to be f-ing awesome. I also think he's going to meet a scientist that's going to look a lot like present-day Robert Patrick [who famously played the T-1000 in Terminator 2], talking about stem-cell research and how we can all live as idealized, younger versions of ourselves

All I can say, is whoa. I don't even know where to start.

Actually, I do know where to start: throwing out the Terminator series' most iconic rule for time travel — that only living tissue can travel, and anything covering it gets shredded — seems like a really weird notion. If you can send a Hunter-Killer back in time, what can't you send back? At what point do you shred the space-time continuum so much that nothing makes sense any more? Also, according to Terminator 3, Judgment Day happens in 2004. So what moves it forward seven years?

I'm also wondering what happens to make Skynet so desperate, it's willing to invade the past in such a dramatic fashion. I could be wrong, but isn't one of the cornerstones of the series that Skynet treads somewhat carefully about tampering with the past, lest it undo its own rise to power? There could be a clue to the ending of Terminator Salvation in there somewhere — maybe John Connor does something that puts Skynet in a no-win situation?

Or maybe McG's just yanking our chains?

LINK

Source: io9.com

Last edited by a moderator:
John Connor Was Originally A Terminator 4 Supporting Character

It turns out Bale wasn't originally in line to play John Connor at all. At the Terminator Salvation press round table this weekend, we found out from the movie's director that Bale was originally pitched the role of Marcus, played by Sam Worthington.

McG casually told us when discussing changes made to the original script:

"What can you do when you go to Christian Bale, and say, 'Hey, Christian we want you to play Marcus,' and he says, "I want to play Connor." You say, 'Maybe we need to go back and make his a little bit more of a two-header.' [referring to both Sam and Christian in the picture]. Listen, film-making is about being able to adapt and doing what's right. You never stop working on the script, and you never stop working on the film. My style is the style of doing a great deal of listening... I did a great deal of listening to amend the picture to what it is today. It's an ongoing process, but at the end of the day, these guys put forth the reason were all here [addressing the film's screenwriters].

Later we got to ask Christian about that same thing at the junket.

More after the link.

LINK

Source: io9.com/5248232/john-connor-was-originally-a-terminator-4-supporting-character

Warner Bros. Pictures' Terminator Salvation opened to $13.3 million from 3,530 theaters on Thursday. About $3 million of that came from midnight screenings. The last film in the franchise, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, had a preview night on July 1, 2003 during which it earned $4 million and then it made $12.4 million the next full day in 3,355 theaters.

The McG-directed film may get close to adding another $60 million over the four-day Friday-to-Monday Memorial Day frame for a total of over $70 million for its first five days.

Starting today, Terminator Salvation is going head-to-head with two more wide releases - Fox's Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian and Paramount's Dance Flick.

Dance Flick just might hurt Terminator :hilarious: