Release date: May 23rd, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk
Price: £16.99

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched this today....

Warning... Kinda sorta spoilers, almost.

Absolutely loved the story telling, the narration by Chloe explaining the passage of time, keeping us informed of events and moving the story along...very engrossing. And for her part her acting was mostly spot on.

The father though not heavily featured was real and believable... Not bad there,the rest of the cast though was pretty forgettable. You had the typical antagonist becomes protagonist... Because love. The tough, skilled, and deadly female who will kick your ass for staring at it... Cookie cutter Military people...

Soundtrack was fantastic... Limited but decent special effects... And a decent, If somewhat expecting plot twist.

A little heavy on the parents are useless and kids must save the world... Though they try to make it realistic by highlighting their youthfulness at key moments

Overall, a C+, or 3/5 stars... A good movie to add to your collection if you're a big Chloe Moretz fan... A solid rental otherwise.

Final take away: A franchise worth of potential wasted on sappy teen themes and underwhelming delivery. A strong performance by star Chloe Moretz is unable to lift an otherwise uninspiring supporting cast. Great early story telling bogs down halfway through, turning a great movie into an okay movie.

Totally random thought: the little brother ALMOST reminds me of little brother Bobby from the film: "Radio Flyer".

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ranavalone
This movie would be the worst film I've seen at cinema in a long while if I hadn't watched another trash film The Forest just before it. Well I didn't expect anything more, just wanted to watch bad films at midnight with cheap prices with my girlfriend and laugh at them. :D Steelbook could look cool though, but yeah no reason to buy one.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: harry
Best pre-order price is GBP 14.99 at Zoom and maybe even better if that 10% off code can be made to work (same price as HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 2).
Steelbook looks just fine to me and liking the front and inside artwork - now where's the Spot Gloss, if any ?

Sold out on Zavvi already!!! Really?

Price on Amazon has gone up to £19.99 aswell. OP should probably be updated.
We always leave the original price in the OP. That way people can see what it cost originally and decide whether it is worth buying at the current price. Obviously now it's gone up it may be worth waiting to see if it does come down in price again!:)

Reactions: BluSteel2012