The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release Date: September 1st, 2014
Price: £16.99 - £9.99
Link: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-amazing-spider-man-2-(2)
Group Buy: Masterblaster or Naughtius Maximus

Notes: 2D Only, Confirmed to be Embossed
0E53F9A6-A841-4459-991B-960CF7690A71_zpsxc396gas.jpg

Other Artwork:
3A4BAF21-3C19-4EEF-B5FE-978F6A3AC63F_zpscb7xwpac.jpg

E72E651E-A85C-45D7-B4C6-1EA9D9A16308_zpsxynyktwi.jpg

5B577C45-F8E8-4AB5-85E9-0A5BB5CFA285_zpsu3oy2wt8.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,446
Last edited:
I'm slightly confused. Their twitter feed is confirming 3d but now a few people are saying not 3d. Is this because it's not mentioned on their system when people ask in store? It may just need to be updated

Just seen that RPG posted the twitter link to the confirmation of just 2D. What a downer. Loved the 3D on this

Last edited:
Why are people pre ordering this. Do you not remember the pile of crap the first one was. It's not as if the art for this is exclusive, or even very nice.
Amazon only made the non 3d mistake once with The Hobbit. It looks like HMV have stuck their heads up their arse.
IMHO.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are people pre ordering this. Do you not remember the pile of crap the first one was. It's not as if the art for this is exclusive, or even very nice.
Amazon only made the non 3d mistake once with The Hobbit. It looks like HMV have stuck their heads up their arse.
IMHO.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First steelbook was stunning :D

2D only I'm afraid, just checked their Facebook page and they've updated the Picture, it's also confirmed it to be embossed

View attachment 72800

The only other European steelbook release of this title to be announced so far is the German one and that is also confirmed to be 2D only.

Thinking back to the original "The Amazing Spider-Man", that title was released in the steelbook format in the UK, Germany and France but only in 2D. If you wanted a 3D steelbook, you had to import from the far east.

I am wondering, therefore, whether this is a decision made by Sony who perhaps feel that there is no market for 3D steelbooks in Europe or North America. Are there, in fact, any Sony 3D steelbooks in those territories? Off the top of my head, none spring to mind.

Last edited by a moderator: