The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99
Note: This limited edition hmv exclusive steelbook has a matt laminate finish, includes embossing on Spider-Man and the film title and includes a 3D lenticular.

01-343398.jpg

02-343398.jpg
03-343398.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to echo the sentiments about Spider-Man 2 (not TASM 2) being great, IMO it's one of the best superhero films ever made.
TASM2 wasn't terrible and I like Garfield but to me he portrayed Peter Parker too cool, but in the end the silver lining to the box office is Spider-Man came home to the MCU.
Until I see Spider-Man Homecoming the only true Spider-Man is Nicholas Hammond.
27CD919800000578-3048266-Heartthrob_Nicholas_who_starred_as_Peter_Parker_in_CBS_series_Th-a-2_1429602701488.jpg

Spidy 2 is actually one of the most underrated superhero movies around. For me it's better than Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 and 3. Alfred Molina as Doc Ock and the 'Spideman no more' arc was great.

I've got the originals in the trilogy steel which I got for £8 from Zavvi. I've ordered these 2 as the in hand pics look much better than I was expecting. For the price I was expecting a lackluster lenti and poor finish. Glad to be proved wrong.

I can't agree that it is one of the most underrated superhero movies around, it has always had good reviews, made loads of money and was appreciated by the fans - that is not the example of an underrated movie.
Don't get me wrong I like it and it is a really good superhero movie.

The reboots were not that good but I am looking forward to the new one now that Marvel is properly involved, he was easily the best thing in Civil War so I'm really excited about Homecoming.

I can't agree that it is one of the most underrated superhero movies around, it has always had good reviews, made loads of money and was appreciated by the fans - that is not the example of an underrated movie.
Don't get me wrong I like it and it is a really good superhero movie.

The reboots were not that good but I am looking forward to the new one now that Marvel is properly involved, he was easily the best thing in Civil War so I'm really excited about Homecoming.

Fair enough. You're right, at the time it was well received and still loved by fans. Unfortunately, for a lot of people Superhero movies started with the the Nolan Batman's and the MCU so Spidy gets a bit forgotten. Must just be me getting old.

Fair enough. You're right, at the time it was well received and still loved by fans. Unfortunately, for a lot of people Superhero movies started with the the Nolan Batman's and the MCU so Spidy gets a bit forgotten. Must just be me getting old.

Good point, a lot of people do rave about Nolan's Batman and when it was Spidy and X-Men that set the early pace.

There was one of each left in the Harlow, Essex branch last night. I don't know if they had any more out the back or not. I like them both, but more could've been done with back and insides, like the upcoming Zavvi versions of the original three film's.

Hey guys ive done a video for both steelbooks here with comparisons to the original hmv steels.

Saw these in store today and the lentis do look decent for once

Cool vid woe, always like to hear a voice to who we speak to on here

You sound like your from my neck of the woods but for some reason I thought you was a Brummie

Reactions: thewoe
I still think the original Amazing Spider-Man (first film) is the better steelbook overall but I will be getting these as the original second film steelbook wasn't great.

I agree, these two along with the upcoming zavvi spider-man films will look great together.