The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99
Note: This limited edition hmv exclusive steelbook has a matt laminate finish, includes embossing on Spider-Man and the film title and includes a 3D lenticular.

01-343398.jpg

02-343398.jpg
03-343398.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When the Spideys, Hulks, Age of Ultron and Antman, these will look awesome lined up on the shelf on one theme and similar designs. Maybe they can do the same with X Men some day?

Reactions: hiphopnrap
:vomit: Those lentis look like a blurry mess, I was waiting to see in hand pics before ordering. I don't think I'll bother now I've seen them.
Its Def Just Tha Photos.
I Got Both Mine This Morning And They Are Very Very Good..
They Line Up And Are Imho Better Than Some Other Companies.
Your Call Though

Disappointed really looking at those pics.

Comes with the cheap paper j slip, the colouring from the steel to the lenti is off and also misaligned. I would've preferred these as regular glossy or matte with spot gloss steelbooks to be honest
Just The Pictures Mate.
Arrivin This Morning And They Look Very Good Indeed, Better Than Some Other Companies.
100% The £14.99 Price Tag

I'd sooner pay triple the price for a quality/premium Asian release than a third of the price for a lacklustre release. I can afford it :)

That's why my MCU collection is made up of Novamedia, Kimchi and Blufans releases and not those awful zavvi lenticulars from last year.

Well woop dee doo, good for you.
As this thread is for a U.K. lenticular steelbook I'm wondering what the you are doing here.

• Thanks
Reactions: steady and GoDo
Well woop dee doo, good for you.
As this thread is for a U.K. lenticular steelbook I'm wondering what the you are doing here.

Wow calm down sweetheart, maybe if you actually read the other posts you'd see the comment of mine you quoted was a response to someone else who brought up the Asian steelbook angle as a retort to my impressions of this uk steelbook. (it's also being released in other countries so technically not a UK steelbook but I'll humour you)

Secondly, where is it written that you can't make any comparisons/comments about Asian steelbooks in a UK steelbook thread?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The first Spider-man re-release also looks like a nice release but for now I'll stick with the first release, which is still my favourite for Spider-man steelbooks.

They look good without the lentis,

Shame they don't properly line up

I'll pick these up in the 2 for £25 in a few weeks

Wow calm down sweetheart, maybe if you actually read the other posts you'd see the comment of mine you quoted was a response to someone else who brought up the Asian steelbook angle as a retort to my impressions of this uk steelbook. (it's also being released in other countries so technically not a UK steelbook but I'll humour you)

Secondly, where is it written that you can't make any comparisons/comments about Asian steelbooks in a UK steelbook thread?

Lol just ignore him.

Reactions: Covcraig

Firstly, I shouldn't bother replying . . . but it does tend to grate after a while - these constant, unrelenting foreign product references cluttering up U.K. threads - and "last straw" and "camel's back" came to mind.
All these odious comparisons between products which are aimed at totally different customers - the majority of whom are satisfied with what the U.K. has to offer in the way of steelbooks and the pleasure of having films of our choice in metal rather than plastic packaging should not be underestimated . . . and all at reasonable prices - and most at even better prices if you're prepared to play the long game.

Secondly, yes, of course, I understand that WWA is to be found from here to New Zealand and that when I write "U.K. steelbook" it should be understood that it's not "Exclusive to the U.K." with WEA (unless of course it is).
HMV exclusive or Zavvi exclusive is taken to mean that either HMV or Zavvi have exclusivity for a particular steelbook HERE IN THE U.K. with the same steelbook available from Amazon Europe, CDON et al and often considerably cheaper for the same product . . . almost . . . or, rather, the same product once unsealed and the j-card/slipcover removed.
Regarding pricing: some like yourself may not think twice about paying GBP 35 - 50 for a steelbook together with other "really useful" stuff but personally-speaking as a film collector first and a steelbook collector second I'm happier buying Blu-rays that will never get steelbook releases together with reasonably priced regular steelbook releases before premium steelbook releases . . . the majority of which would anyway be double or triple dips . . . and I personally would not be able to afford to buy all the Blu-rays I buy now if I bought premium steelbook releases instead of regular steelbook releases.

Finally, dude, don't forget the 11th Commandment - out of 15 (with 5 "lost" on Mount Sinai - see Mel Brooks's HISTORY OF THE WORLD: PART 1 lol) although they weren't lost without trace hence:-
"Thou shalt not mention foreign premium steelbooks more than once in any one thread"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, enough of that and back ON TOPIC:-
Both of these steelbooks arrived today and very nice they are too.
Not going to attempt to capture the 3D effect in photos but I will attempt to give a brief description of the lenti magnets - which are quite different when compared side-by-side:-

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN LENTICULAR
- Spider-Man torso slightly set back with his head more to the fore - all set forward against a pleasantly, dull cloudy sky coloured background with the sun behind the clouds shining through reflecting off the material of his costume particularly on the shoulder area.
- Decent depth to the background and the 3D EFFECT is helped by the rain rods in the foreground and in the middle distance.
- The TILT EFFECT to Spidey's head is a nice touch.
- No alignment issues to speak of with the image retained within the frame on both the lenti and the steelbook itself.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 LENTICULAR
- Much greater 3D depth than #1 with our hero almost leaping right out of the lenti.
- TILT EFFECT to Spidey's arm and leg is a nice touch.
- Minor spider-web alignment issue on this one between the lenti and the case as well as scaling issue with the building on the lenti compared to the building on the steelbook frame- something that unfortunately seems to be the hardest thing to get right on these U.K. lenti steels where the designs carry over on to the frames.

In conclusion: 100% happy with my purchases and don't mind having paid full price / an extremely expensive 15 quid for each of these :whistle:

Already got these 2 in steel but if they make it into the 2 4 £25 then I may bite, definitely getting the original spider-man trilogy at Zavvi, don't have individual steels of them yet.

For Both it works out at £30 atm, you sure your willing to risk them selling out for the sake of a Fiver? :)

I have the original two hmv releases also and these are tons better.

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx