Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 26, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £17.99

17553673_941202529347514_1624173469473706079_n.jpg

16682037_918777641590003_3380498423464583792_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact it has the poster artwork in some form is quite refreshing. I feel that without the white text it would look a little boring...really gives it that old school feel.

No offense . . . but 'strewth you like the massive white text on the front !?
IMO if there has to be quotes on the steelbook - as in if the artwork is lifted from the original poster design - I'd prefer to see them on the back OR, if they have to be on the front, I'd prefer them a bit less in your face and not covering a good part of the artwork.
Maybe near the bottom like on a couple of Second Sight's other steels (RE-ANIMATOR and RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD spring to mind. Probably others too).
upload_2017-2-23_9-49-47.png
upload_2017-2-23_10-6-47.png

Personally speaking a preference for clean text free front artwork - apart from the title . . . although I'm guessing that some steels would look even better without front titles.

This house artwork would have been better (imo):-
amityville-miniaturka.jpg

I despair as without the massive white text it looks like it could have been a decent steelbook.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc and aLLu
No offense . . . but 'strewth you like the massive white text on the front !?
IMO if there has to be quotes on the steelbook - as in if the artwork is lifted from the original poster design - I'd prefer to see them on the back OR, if they have to be on the front, I'd prefer them a bit less in your face and not covering a good part of the artwork.
Maybe near the bottom like on a couple of Second Sight's other steels (RE-ANIMATOR and RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD spring to mind. Probably others too).
View attachment 296170 View attachment 296173

Personally speaking a preference for clean text free front artwork - apart from the title . . . although I'm guessing that some steels would look even better without front titles.

This house artwork would have been better (imo):-
amityville-miniaturka.jpg

I despair as without the massive white text it looks like it could have been a decent steelbook.

The house pic is from the remake though. I don't mind the text on the front, whenever the film is mentioned the original poster art is one of the first things which comes to mind. Although maybe it could be in the style of the DVD artwork.
featured4.jpg

More subtle, but I do like the potency of the original.

Reactions: virkia
I agree the quote is famous, and in principle I don't mind it on the front.

It's just the size of it I have a problem with. It basically covers the whole house, which as essentially the main character isn't ideal. I would definitely have made it smaller and probably had it lower down.

I'm currently in two minds about buying it. I'm not really a fan of the movie (even though the concept is good), and much prefer Amityville II The Possession, but still have a soft-spot for it from childhood. With more subtle text, I would have pre-ordered it, but think I might wait and see if it drops to around half the price before biting.

The text is exactly the way it was on the original one sheet, so this Steel is perfect.

Give me the original art over any of this pop/Mondo crap any day.

Second Sight Facebook
Here’s the final artwork for The Amityville Horror Steelbook. The eagle-eyed may notice the difference from the original proof we posted. We had many internal discussions about the tagline on the front (should it stay or should it go?!) and decided that less is more, especially for a Steelbook. It has survived on the back though

17553673_941202529347514_1624173469473706079_n.jpg

Second Sight Facebook

We are excited to announce the bonus features for THE Amityville Horror Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray, out on 26th June

• ‘Brolin Thunder’ - A new Interview with Actor James Brolin
• ‘Child's Play’ - A new Interview with Actor Meeno Peluce
• ‘Amityville Scribe’ - A new interview with Screenwriter
Sandor Stern
• ‘The Devil's Music’ - A new Interview with Soundtrack
Composer Lalo Schifrin
• ‘My Amityville Horror’ - feature-length documentary with
Daniel Lutz
• ‘For God’s Sake, Get Out’ - featuring James Brolin and
Margot Kidder
• Intro by Dr. Hans Holzer, PhD. in
Parapsychology (author of ‘Murder in Amityville’)
• Audio Commentary by Dr. Hans Holzer
• Original trailer, TV spot, radio spots
• 4 reproduction lobby card postcards (SteelBook Exclusive)
• DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and uncompressed stereo
options
• New optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing