The Avengers (Empty Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

huggy2k4

Premium Supporter
Jun 8, 2012
Hull, England
IMPORTANT:
This is the CASE ONLY. NO movie is included with this. It's a pre-order bonus. It also comes with a 10$ Sideshow Collectibles card.

Best Buy SKU: #6316045
Purchase link: Best Buy USA

6316045E.png

Actual pic:
avengers_bestbuy1.jpg

Pictures (thanks to CyberAthlete):
Avengers1.jpg

Avengers8.jpg

Avengers3.jpg

Avengers7.jpg

Avengers20.jpg

Avengers21.jpg

Avengers4.jpg

Avengers6.jpg

Avengers12.jpg

Avengers9.jpg

Avengers14.jpg

Avengers15.jpg

Original post:
Just seen this on the blu-ray site and wondered it's true, so far i'd read that it's the same has the canadian version with 4 disk's but no purchase link yet. so if anybody could shed some light on this would be great.

Attachments

• 6316045E.png
    6316045E.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 933
Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is NJ here are a few BB that have them in stock right now. Bridgewater, Vauxhall, Manalapan. If i find out anymore stores have them in stock ill edit this post. :D

As of right now I was told there is 17 sitting on the self. :D

A**holes, when I called a store they said they had them in stock but they are not allowed to give out stock numbers.

This is why BB will go out of business, its lack of spreading information and alienating the customer

qurtely profit losses, gee i wonder why

Very interesting day.

I went to my local BB in Emeryville/Oakland at 10am and the shelf was still empty from the weekend. There was one other guy looking for them as well, but he was anti social and just kinda floated around me while I was asking around. Anywho, that BB said they had 20 copies on order, but not in transit, which apparently means that they will be getting them in at an unknown date. I guess that since it's not actually being shipped to them they have no way in telling when it would actually show up from their distribution center. The employee I asked even went to the store manager who seemed to think they'd get in copies by September 1st and that I should check back then. He noted that the regular release was September 25th and that these pre-orders not being here was pretty late by BB standards.

I then had that employee check the other local stores and it said that the only one with all 20 copies in stock was in Dublin/Pleasanton. I called their store and I had to give them the SKU number (fortunately I took a pic of it with my phone) before they could look it up. Turns out that they have them, but it's still boxed up in the back area and that it's not out on the floor yet. They offered to take down my name and phone number and said they'd call me/put one on hold for me once they find them (which I seriously doubt will happen).

So, while debating going 28 miles South out to the middle of nowhere to get a copy, I went North instead to my other local BB. With a lot of good karma on my side, they had 15 copies out on the shelf and there was only one other guy there grabbing a few. He said "I think it's limit 1 per person," and we both looked at the sign to confirm it. Once we found the fine print, he put down five of the six copes he had in hand, but I still took three to the register. More karma was on my side as I was waiting in line and a store manager who was standing there saw me with all of them and said "We can only sell you one copy." I talked to him about it, saying that I was (and am) buying one copy for myself and two more for two of my friends who were looking all over every other BB in the Bay Area for their own. He was cool and gave me the ok, and when I got to the register he popped his head over and told the guy it was okay to ring me up for three. It even turns out that those copies had only just showed up on its own special delivery truck 30 minutes before I got there (about one hour after the store had opened).

So, for those that want the short version of my post:

-Best Buy stores all are getting between 15-20 copies
-If your Best Buy doesn't have them on the shelf by now, expect that they can show up at any time on their own special delivery.
-You're supposed to be limited to one copy per person, but the system has no lockout and they can sell you as many as they want to.

EDIT: Here's a picture of the back of the case

IMG_3326.jpg

Last edited:
pasadena, duarte and burbank best buys are awaiting delivery that will arrive either in the afternoon, tonight or tomorrow morning (all depend on ups shipping), also spoke to the gm and inventory manager of duarte store and was told the delivery to some california stores were delayed by the vendor...

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

same thing IdeaOfEvil stated... a lot of these will be "special delivery" since it was delayed by the vendor, so keep calling and keep bugging your local bestbuys

I am going to head over before work tonight. I was going to go at open, but was too tired at that point. Hope they have some left, but with them not being advertised or on the website I think I should be good.

they told me at my best buy that it would be in this friday's flyer and they will officially go on sale Sunday...I'm going to check other locations tommorrow. :naughty:

On a side note...it seems Best Buy isn't getting new releases anymore unless it's a BIG name title...No Sixteen Candles, no New Jack City...I know it's off topic but it's sad none the less :(

Just got five copys lazy people didn't want to get them from the back room
staff said they are waiting till tommorrow to put them on shelves and most store have limited stock

Last edited:
I only checked the BB nearest my house today and they didn't have them out yet. Didn't bother asking because BB employees know less than I do about their own stock.

After talking to an employee at a different local store apparently it isn't supposed to be released until Sunday, I guess some stores just jumped the gun

Last edited: