Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £17.99

thebfgslb.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally see this and I was very impressed.
The CGI on the Giants is incredible and rylance was absolutely fantastic with his voice and the facial expressions of the BFG.
Jermaine clement also has a great voice in this. Does a good English

Only thing thing that let it down was the incredibly annoying girl. Which is a shame because she's in every scene. She really wound me up with her voice lol and some of her dialogue.
I love Spielberg, he's one of my top 5 directors but he got it wrong choosing that actress

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I finally see this and I was very impressed.
The CGI on the Giants is incredible and rylance was absolutely fantastic with his voice and the facial expressions of the BFG.
Jermaine clement also has a great voice in this. Does a good English

Only thing thing that let it down was the incredibly annoying girl. Which is a shame because she's in every scene. She really wound me up with her voice lol and some of her dialogue.
I love Spielberg, he's one of my top 5 directors but he got it wrong choosing that actress
I completely agree with you mate... the CGI looked stunning, and Rylance IS the BFG! But the girl was easily the weakest thing about the film, and obviously she's one of the most important roles in it, so the fact they got her wrong made the film pretty disappointing.

It certainly wasn't a bad film though, but I expected a lot more from it, especially with Spielberg being behind the wheel. One of the reasons I love the animated version is because it always felt both magical and creepy to me... whereas this version didn't really have any of that IMO. Shame they decided to leave out all the songs I remember as a kid too.

It was pretty cool to see a road sign (which he used as a tray) in BFG's house with my hometown's name on it though! I just happened to pause it at that point to go get a drink, and when I came back I noticed the word 'Mansfield' in the background... kinda random that they'd choose that town lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I completely agree with you mate... the CGI looked stunning, and Rylance IS the BFG! But the girl was easily the weakest thing about the film, and obviously she's one of the most important roles in it, so the fact they got her wrong made the film pretty disappointing.

It certainly wasn't a bad film though, but I expected a lot more from it, especially with Spielberg being behind the wheel. One of the reasons I love the animated version is because it always felt both magical and creepy to me... whereas this version didn't really have any of that IMO. Shame they decided to leave out all the songs I remember as a kid too.

It was pretty cool to see a road sign (which he used as a tray) in BFG's house with my hometown's name on it though! I just happened to pause it at that point to go get a drink, and when I came back I noticed the word 'Mansfield' in the background... kinda random that they'd choose that town lol.

He was so good wasn't he (my mate ran into him at Heathrow a few weeks back in a food place and sat with him at the same table. Him and his mate recognised him but couldn't put their finger on it. Until 2 girls walked past and handed rylance a note. My mate then asked if he knew him from somwhere and apparently he giggled and replied "I'm the BFG" lol. how brilliant is that.
They sat with him for half hour and spoke about traveling - my mate travels around the world a lot and does treks to things like Kilimanjaro and apprently rylance does simular things each year with his brother)

Yeah I was so dissapointed with her, it was her over use of trying to be posh. But then using words like bladdered and coppers to those drunk guys. Wound me up. And the way she says BFG

I agree it definately wasn't a bad film and I'll happily pick up the steel when i see it cheap (should of included 3D) but I still found this a little creepy at times like the book

Loved the way he moves around London and the hiding, that was so well done

Ha, I never noticed that. That is cool. It's like I love the fact my home town shows up in Thor 2 on a map. Loved that. Maybe they used the road sign as little hidden meaning mans-field (mans world) but it's not, there's are giants

I was happy with the Quentin Blake art being featured though.

• Thanks
I Just received this from Amazon and can confirm it's glossy and the title is above bfg's head , I can't upload any pics though as camera isn't working

Nice steel, will happily pick up after Christmas

Haven't seen this is it any good?

Film is really good but the little girl ruins the whole experience because she's sooooo annoying

Reactions: Flash
I hate 3D films and so do a ton of other people. And judging by the TV manufacturers (who also don't care much for 3D) it will surely die before 2020.
They really should start including 4K instead of 3D. I'd take better resolution instead of 3D in a heart beat.
I have a "4k", "3d" tv ! So why not the same with the blu ray (steelbook or other) release's ????

Still a bit of a swizz to not include the 3D disc when it's available.
It is included in the French steelbook edition . . . but unfortunately that artwork is pants when compared to ours (IMO).
FRANCE

Regarding Amazon exclusive steelbooks: the few they get are either (a) still available months later (examples being SPECTRE released in February and THE HUNGER GAMES COLLECTION released in March) and (b) were later available cheaper elsewhere (examples being ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA, THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE, WESTWORLD and ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST from October 2014). The only exception I can think of recently is the DOCTOR WHO: COMPLETE NINTH SERIES steelbook which seems to have disappeared without trace.

As nobody seems to like the young actress I'd suggest replacing her with Deadpool:-
deadpool_parody___the_bfg_poster_by_goxiii-da35h4n.jpg

Last edited:
I have no need for 3D films and my head starts hurting almost immediately when watching 3D content.
If those stupid 3D glasses wouldn't be necessary I'd be all for it.
There are two types of 3d glasses, one (active) does indeed give certain people headache's. The 3d effect on tv's with active glasses is said to be much better than the passive system (which i have), and it appears to put a greater strain on the eyes giving the old grey matter a problem leading to the headache. The "tech" required to do away with the glasses altogether is almost complete, but will more than likely be apart of the "8k" rollout. To do away with it now and concentrate on 4k, is to bring it up to a more acceptable viewing experience in the near future. At the very least, 3d will give a greater depth perception to a high quality image.

• Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
Film is really good but the little girl ruins the whole experience because she's sooooo annoying
Couldn't help but laugh yesterday when my sister started talking about this film and said the exact same thing you did about how annoying it was when the girl says "BFGEEEEE" :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Couldn't help but laugh yesterday when my sister started talking about this film and said the exact same thing you did about how annoying it was when the girl says "BFGEEEEE" :LOL:

Oh my days I can still hear it

Oh noodles I reccomend Petes dragon, have a feeling you might like that. It's awesome and Elliot is unreal. Very different to the original and I wasn't expecting it to be any good.
And Elliot in a odd way reminds me of my dog (except my dog isn't green but it does have the same tooth missing!)

• Thanks