The Bridge on the River Kwai (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: 11th January 2016
Purchase Link: Zavvi (Live Sunday 22nd Nov at 6pm UK time)
Price: £12.99
Limited to 1,000
11200505-6924343606208615.jpg

Last edited:
I love these pop art steelbooks, funny artwork bit different than the boring generic film posters we have seen over and over :thumbs:
I really like them too, although I much preferred the artworks used for the first wave of Pop Art steels. Great starting price for this one anyway, but I think I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.

Reactions: Flash
My pleasure and David Lean films in order of preference are:-
(1) "Blithe Spirit"
(2) "Great Expectations"
(3) "Brief Encounter"
(4) "The Bridge on the River Kwai"

Thanks. An interesting choice. Three films from 1945/1946 and one from 1957, but absolutely nothing from the last 35 years of his life. I'm even more intrigued now.

Thanks. An interesting choice. Three films from 1945/1946 and one from 1957, but absolutely nothing from the last 35 years of his life. I'm even more intrigued now.

And moreover missed Lawrence out !!(n)

How on Earth can anyone make a list of David Lean's films and leave out Lawrence of Arabia - universally acknowledged as his best film, period!

And let us not forget Dr Zhivago, Ryan's Daughter (despite the negative press) and A Passage to India . . .

I'm going to wait until I see in hand photos before I bite.
I lived in Thailand for a number of years. Whenever I was stressed I would often visit Kanchanaburi province for solace. Below is a necklace I made from a piece of one of the original wooden support struts. It reminds me of my times there.
image_zpsyl5hrdca.jpeg

If no one has posted pictures by the time I'm home, then I will post some up. Quite disappointed tbh, think it's the full gloss treatment that let's this down (some may like it but would of preferred maybe spot gloss treatment)

Edit.....

I stand corrected! Looks like river has had the spot gloss treatment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blu-devil