The Crow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: May 18, 2015
Purchase link: The Crow
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2500 Copies. Gloss Finish.

crow.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Already broke my rule "not preordering again from zavvi in 2015", because this is one of my alltime favorites. For this one I don't even care if it drops to half price shortly after release.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I have Pre-Ordered
Even with the inferior UK Blu ray this as a steelbook it looks good and you can get the USA Blu ray or German Blu ray for a cheap price online with Amazon.com or Amazon.de

Already broke my rule "not preordering again from zavvi in 2015", because this is one of my alltime favorites. For this one I don't even care if it drops to half price shortly after release.

Join the club! :D Pre-ordered it because the movie is legendary. If this turns out to matte despite the apparent gloss finish I won't be chuffed to say the least.

I have Pre-Ordered
Even with the inferior UK Blu ray this as a steelbook it looks good and you can get the USA Blu ray or German Blu ray for a cheap price online with Amazon.com or Amazon.de

So the US disc is better than the UK disc?

Anyone know of an existing comparison of the 2? Is it better A/V or is it more special features?

So the US disc is better than the UK disc?

Anyone know of an existing comparison of the 2? Is it better A/V or is it more special features?

The UK Blu-ray from EiV has apparently been transferred from a PAL master and suffers from the 4% PAL speedup, common to European DVD's. The image is 1080i (interlaced), as opposed to the normal 1080p (progressive), and the disc only has a lossy DTS 5.1 soundtrack. Just for good measure, the picture quality is atrocious, redolent of an upscale from a DVD.

Don't just take my word for it. Click on the link for a comparison of the US, UK and Japanese Blu-rays.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_reviews55/the_crow_blu-ray.htm

My goodness the US disc looks to be the best, and it isn't even close. If this includes the existing UK disc... I will certainly be doing a disc-swap, like I did with Natural Born Killers, Cloud Atlas, etc....

Reactions: dfoles and augustus
Anyone else out of the UK ordered in Euros with GONY and got it at more than 39 when the offer said clearly 2 X 38%?

"The UK Blu-ray from EiV has apparently been transferred from a PAL master and suffers from the 4% PAL speedup, common to European DVD's."

One of the brilliant things about Blu ray was leaving PAL speedup in the past.
A Blu ray with PAL speedup is needless & unforgivable.

Reactions: dfoles and augustus
i noticed PAL speed up for the first time after watching the full 9 seasons of How i met your mother on US netflix then watching my Pal dvds, they sounded like they were on helium then my ear eventually adjusted.

Yeah it can be a nightmare tbh, but the way i see it is if i buy a PAL boxset i will not watch anything to do with that show on US netflix lol