The Dark Knight (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #61) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
Note: 4K + BD + Bonus disc

111.jpg000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not enthused by this one bit. The rear art is poor and overused. The front is great, but I've already got it on the hdz SP, which has an amazing finish. So unless the slips are a knockout and offer something different, this release is redundant for me..
Yeah, I agree. I actually ended up putting all my HDZ steels inside the fullslips/special packs. Only thing that annoys me about them is HDZ do their slips back to front to what everyone else does.
Would love Manta to do the trilogy, with artwork no one else has previously used (if that's even possible)

Reactions: MajimaGoro
I've got those 4K digibooks that came out a while back for all 3 Nolan's so I'm not sure.... Looks nice, but let's see the slips.

Thanks my Friend!!!

No worries. I meant there should be 3 editions in the one click. But I’m sure you understood that. It will most likely just be the double lenti and one clicks for GBs and on sale though. So if it was a single lenti or full slip you wanted then you’d have to go to a private seller or eBay etc. But nothings confirmed yet.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: schnauzithomas
Yeah, I agree. I actually ended up putting all my HDZ steels inside the fullslips/special packs. Only thing that annoys me about them is HDZ do their slips back to front to what everyone else does.
Would love Manta to do the trilogy, with artwork no one else has previously used (if that's even possible)
Yeah that annoys me too, same with blufans. Irritates me that when i display them front on I can see the inner rather than outer spines. I really like all 3 slips for their tdk release. The SP is my favourite of the BB release and I think the SL for tdkr edges out the lenti's. Great (but my god an expensive) release overall either way.

Reactions: davhyl
Yeah that annoys me too, same with blufans. Irritates me that when i display them front on I can see the inner rather than outer spines. I really like all 3 slips for their tdk release. The SP is my favourite of the BB release and I think the SL for tdkr edges out the lenti's. Great (but my god an expensive) release overall either way.

wait, you don’t display blufans (and zeta) backwards on your shelf? So that the spine title is showing?

wait, you don’t display blufans (and zeta) backwards on your shelf? So that the spine title is showing?
I do when they're slotted in with the spine facing out. I have quite a few displayed near head on though, so I can see the front art. With blufans and hdz that irritatingly means from the side i can see the open slip side, rather than the slip spine title.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
How's their quality these days? I have no BF editions so far, but would love to have this one. Yet you say the slips aren't very good?
The quality is fantastic. I have had most recently WW and Spidey and amazing as they've always been. I always find the steelbooks themselves to be a cut above the rest. It's a shame they aren't doing quarter slips anymore though.

Blufans more recent lenticulars are amongst the best r.e image quality. I've always found the rest of the slip finish, particularly wholely FS', a little lacking vs the competition. Their old lenticulars weren't great though, and those odd flaps on the spines looked rather amateur. Glad they put a stop to that.

Reactions: Chemartin_1
I missed the UHD digibooks, was rather out of it whole second half of 2018 due to family problems, but I do have BD digibooks for all three, so that's OK.
I still want some kind of UHD release, would join a group buy for this, if there is one.
I think I only ever bought one or two BluFans releases, as they're sold through Groupbuys only.