wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: January 9, 2019
Note: WEA steelbook,4K UHD+2D+Bonus
1 Click Only
Deposit was made with Batman Begins purchase. Invoice still to come.

4 - The Dark Knight Rises Lenticular Boxset Edition.png1 - The Dark Knight Rises Double Lenticular Edition.png2 - The Dark Knight Rises 4K UHD Lenticular Edition.png3 - The Dark Knight Rises Special Pack.png
batmanthedarkknightrises.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
happy days. :) great shots :photo: above, as always, @Mickle_89 @megabee, and amazing collection @Killi Zoltan! if you were to open it ;), it might look like this...

1 / the OC box
so, here we go again. overall, i put this one 3rd behind The Dark Knight and then Batman Begins. the quality overall is excellent, there’s a few minor niggles - but that’s only in comparison with The Dark Knight, which is one of the best boxsets i’ve ever held.
View media item 26349
more pics of the box sealed, including label shots:
the front of the box has really grown on me. at first it was my least favourite of the three. but there’s nothing wrong with the lenti - at all - and the more i looked at it, the more i enjoyed the Turner-esque colours behind and the depth of the image. here’s a video of the lenti.
View media item 26348
after you’ve spent an appropriate time admiring, then crack it open and see what’s inside. there’s subtle raised relief on the spine writing and logos, as on the previous 2 releases. again, i like how the Special Pack is clearly different from the other 2 parts:
i still think the HDZeta approach to box set contents is the best - 2D+ bonus, 4K, and then extras available nowhere else :thumbs: - but their box set sale method for this still remains mistake for me. (n)

anyway, let’s see what it’s like with that shrink wrap off… :wow:

Last edited:
2 / the steelbook
you know the story here - no bossing, great clear artwork that bears up to close scrutiny, super glossy. :thumbs: the front’s mainly the same as one of the previous releases WWA releases, but it’s elevated lots by the back image, continuing the batsign theme of the previous two.
View media item 26334
if there is any downside, it’s that the inside art is repeated on the OC box, but as that’s a lenti image, i can forgive them that.

more shots of the steelbook:

on to the double lenti edition... :watch:

Last edited:
3 / edition A - blu ray + extras (double lenti)
ok, let's get into those slips and their contents. :woot:
View media item 26329
few more shots of this pack still sealed:
loving the front lenti :thumbs: - here's a video:
View media item 26326
and, while we're looking at the lenti's, here's a video of the back:
View media item 26323
just as with the previous editions, this is a great double lenti (with shades of @zesty’s custom slips). i particularly like how the images have been aligned so that, as well as depth, there is also a slight turn of the head and posture from both main characters as you scroll across the lenti, so that they appear to be watching you. the detail of the image is excellent, in particular, the clothing detail really pops in the lenti :wow:, and my photos and videos don’t do justice to the effect in-hand:
again, it’s the overall finishing on HDZeta’s products which, like MantaLab, keep me coming back for more. the extra details on the sticker, the slight varnish/bossing layers on the wording and logos, the solidity of the boxes, the clarity of the lentis, the contents division between the OC aspects. so it’s just a shame about the way this was sold.
unseal and open out and this is what you get in the double lenti edition:
the folder for Edition A has the same, recurring slight holofoil cover batsign, which is something i've really liked in this trilogy. like a few other companies have on occasion, shows you can use holofoil to positive effect, if you do it subtly:
the booklet is the usual publishers' shots from the film, again with some filming shots as well:
there's a lot to admire about this edition - how does the 4K stand up...?

Last edited:
4 / edition B - 4K
i should say at this point that the 4K picture quality of all of these editions is excellent. :photo: there's better gradation in blacks and shadows, colours pop more, and the HDR has really helped. the previous blu rays look slightly blocky now in comparison.

so to the 4K edition, with Bane wearing one of the best coats in film.
View media item 26307
few more sealed shots:
the first thing i noticed on this was the lenti. i think this is actually my favourite lenti of the whole set. something about the detail, clarity and depth of image - it's a real winner. :drool:video of the lenti:
View media item 26303
more shots of the front and also the back. as mentioned above, the back has a very subtle, run-your-fingers-over-it relief that i found impossible to photograph, but which is very pleasing under the fingers :hungry::
so, once you've stopped playing with the lenti and running you fingers over the back, open it up and this is what you get inside the 4k edition:
the folder contains a few publicity shots and the two large posters that combine to show the final fight. i'm loving the folder front image - great!
only one thing left, and that's the Special Pack...

Last edited:
5 / special pack
after the absolute slam dunk that was The Dark Knight special pack:drool:, this was always going to struggle to keep up, and i've tried, but i am not a huge fan of the front. here's what it looks like still sealed:
this is what you get when you open up this release:
View media item 26291
open it up a few things are slightly off with the main slip. the holofoil, for the only time on this release, is a but more obvious on the front (only). and the raised relief Batman image is too prominent on the lower half (for me), with the back image fading away a bit too much - but i can see why others might not mind at all. to offset that, the varnishing is great, and the detail around the title is superb. the back image is more successful - the holofoil is more subtle, the relief not too overt, the back image still in focus, so everything works much better. it's all Bane again, but that's in keeping with the 'all Joker' approach to the slips of TDK. shots of all of that:
we finally get some other characters with Hathaway on the folder cover. lovely suprise #1 - as well as a set of 'standard' promotional cards, there's a separate set of cards of all the batmobiles in Batman moving picture history - nice! :thumbs::

and the hardback book contains lovely surprise #2 - as well as the usual shots and more 'behind the scenes' than normal, in place of the words and interviews (which is a shame are not included here :() is instead a comic book version of the whole first scene of the film! :wow::

also, that one shot giving you a good indication of how much kit you need to be physically carrying to film these days!

this is everything you get in this entire One Click (you can tell i don't like the special pack front as i've turned it around!):
View media item 26335
well done, HDZeta. and massive thanks to @wxlinkswd :notworthy: and @n3wk1d :notworthy: for enabling us to get this via the GB - thanks, guys! :thanks: i like boxes, so i am looking froward to the motherbox, however, even if that did not exist, this set is part 3 of a three part standing ovation/stomp of quality. :drool::happy:

Last edited:
Thanks again for the fantastic unboxing/review @steelmybeatingheart
You deserve an award for the comprehensive work you've done on all three Batman box sets. I enjoyed all your posts.
I think the Special Pack in the TDKR Box Set is the weakest slip out of all nine. If you look at it from the other side, only one stinker is quite an accomplishment. So, all in all, kudos to HDzeta. Maybe their hands were tied with the very last slip, which explains this less than stellar outcome on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.