The Dark Knight Rises - Cowl Mask Edition [UK]

[/SPOILER]

What did you expect? Steel? At the price of $35.99 of course it's going to be plastic.

Factor in the value of the movies alone (not cost, I am talking about market value) $15
and then $20 for this.

Seems fair enough to me. I feel like sometimes we ask for too much when paying too little.

Its $72 dollars in the UK! Thats what has got people annoyed, do you think this is worth $72?

Reactions: CyberAthlete
Probably not :p

:scat: I think this release will probably be the rarest of them but its been priced as such from the start.

From the looks of it there isnt much to differentiate it from the rest.

I'm quite annoyed, really wanted to see a kick arse release of this film, we got a plastic mask worldwide, the same steel worldwide (except the G1 in France and some rehashed steels in Germany) and the amaray.

Such a disappointment for an epic release.

I'd have loved a Tumbler edition to go with the Batpod! For that I would have paid silly money

Yep, wasn't expecting too much from this, which is why I refuse to pay anything above £30 for it (and that's still pushing it a little IMO). I'm hoping to pick it up from HMV once they send out those 20% off codes. :D

EDIT - Speaking of which, my code literally just came through as I posted that lol. Forgot it can't be used with pre-orders though. :(

Last edited:
Yep, wasn't expecting too much from this, which is why I refuse to pay anything above £30 for it (and that's still pushing it a little IMO). I'm hoping to pick it up from HMV once they send out those 20% off codes. :D

EDIT - Speaking of which, my code literally just came through as I posted that lol. Forgot it can't be used with pre-orders though. :(

Same, I wonder if someone in a HMV office just pushed THE button

Going to do the samething Noodles, should still be there come monday...I hope:D

Yep, fingers crossed! It's still going to be over £30 (£37.60 if my maths are correct), but it seems to be going OOS everywhere, so I guess I'd rather pay that than what they'll be asking for on eBay. :ohno:

Last edited:
What did you expect? Steel? At the price of $35.99 of course it's going to be plastic.

Seems fair enough to me. I feel like sometimes we ask for too much when paying too little.

I never expected it was made from metal, but I would have wished that it wasn't made from so thin plastic. And to compensate on the low quality they could have at least made it bigger, or make the discholders better like how that Alien Egg edition had them.

No, for the price it's sold on it doesn't seem fair.

I am especially disappointed with this one because this was the best release option for this movie. Steelbooks just used the same artwork in every country so they didn't feel anyhow special and I'm not into amarays anymore. So this seemed like the perfect choise, but now...

Last edited:
Yep, fingers crossed! It's still going to be over £30 (£37.60 if my maths are correct), but it seems to be going OOS everywhere, so I guess I'd rather pay that than what they'll be asking for on eBay. :ohno:

I might do that too, that makes it a much more reasonable price. I just hope it's still there on release day!:ohno:

I just got mine from Zavvi it looks amazing, so glad I got it. Looks great along with my other batman steels. If your a fan of the Nolan trilogy this is a must have guys. Great review by the way.

Attachments

• DSC02037.jpg
    DSC02037.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Sigill and peajay
Looks like HMV caught on to the fact that people were planning to use the 20% off code on this... they've now upped their price by £10 (£57). Oh well, their loss... yet another item I won't be buying from them. :D

Looks like HMV caught on to the fact that people were planning to use the 20% off code on this... they've now upped their price by £10 (£57). Oh well, their loss... yet another item I won't be buying from them. :D

EEK! £57? this thing aint worth £50, its certainly not worth £60...I was willing to pay £35 for the imported US version, until I saw the unboxings and decided seen as Im getting the German trilogy set, the cowl would be sat on a shelf unopened and decided to cancel it as I wasnt willing to pay £35 for it to be sat on a shelf, plus it does look very cheap, it looks nice enough but I think its worth £25-£30 max

Makes the 20% off useless as its so restricted in how it can be used HMV are Barstewards :angry:

I am going to send my voucher back and tell them to stick it up their ass :angry::angry:

Back in stock at amazon uk for £52.99 and they have over 999 of them, this is sure to feature in a lightning deal sometime soon.
Yeah, I'm not worrying about it now. They seem to keep getting them back in stock, and it's obviously not just a few. I'll be surprised if over a thousand people pay that price for it, so it'll definitely end up in the bargain bin at some point, which is when I'll finally bite. :D