• 91clMW8YT5L._SL1500_.jpg
    91clMW8YT5L._SL1500_.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,457
  • 91HT2orn3-L._SL1500_.jpg
    91HT2orn3-L._SL1500_.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,391
Last edited:
and ordered, damn you amazon germany!
love this film, amazon germany seem to have had a good wave this time around makes a nice change.

basil :thumbs:

This isn't cut or anything, right?

I don't think that there has ever been a blu-ray version of this film that had the sculpture scene intact. Initially, I thought the very first DVD's had the scene, but after going back and digging up the info, the DVDs may not have it. I need to check out my DVD at home.

Details on the lawsuit are here.

Reactions: ocielz
I don't think that there has ever been a blu-ray version of this film that had the sculpture scene intact. Initially, I thought the very first DVD's had the scene, but after going back and digging up the info, the DVDs may not have it. I need to check out my DVD at home.

Details on the lawsuit are here.

On dvd, They initially released it uncut and then rereleased it without the scene as I have both versions.

On dvd, They initially released it uncut and then rereleased it without the scene as I have both versions.

That's what I thought! But everything that I was finding in my quick search this morning seemed to indicate that it was cut prior to being released to home video.

Just goes to show how much you can trust what you read on da 'net! :hilarious:

Reactions: Thelite13
Mark, Is this your type of movie? I guess so. No blood so. This is a damn good movie. I'm definitely ordering it!
Did you say no blood? Correct me if I'm wrong, its been a loong time, but isn't there a disgusting bloody scene?

I have always liked this film, but I am not sure about that cover....
My sentiments exactly...

I think, on the subject of cuts and alterations to this movie....

When the film was shown theatrically sculptor Frederick Hart sued Warner Brothers claiming the sculpture in Pacino's office was a copy of his 'ex nihilo' work. When the movie was released on DVD there was an 'unaltered' version, with a red stripe on the back of the DVD saying 'the large white sculpture of human forms on the wall of John Milton's penthouse in "Devil's Advocate" is not connected in any way and was not endorsed by the Sculptor Federick Hart or the Washington National Cathederal joint copyright owners of the cathederal sculpture "Ex Nihilo" in Washington, D.C.'.

That's the DVD I own.

Warner were forced to edit the sculpture.

Every version, DVD or blu ray, that has been released since has required the sculpture to be edited to remove the human forms until the point where they become 'alive'.

Any 'cuts' to the movie would for Connie Nielsen's nude scene.

So this blu ray will not be what you saw in the cinema, but most people have probably forgotten and only know the digitally edited version.

@MovieFan1982 How come you're promoting your video here in english, but your video is on a different language? Was interested to hear your analysis, but I fast forwarded it to see the front, back, inside and close the youtube tab because I didn't understand a thing. Just saying man..

Anyway, I like this film. One of the good titles in the 90's in my opinion. I don't have a DVD or amaray for this, so I am inclined to get the steel. The only thing stopping me is the art.. It looks like fundamental photoshop techniques were applied. I know the fire is symbolic in the film, but having it there as a frame is a bit of a turn off.

@Dan

Sorry that i dont mention that my video is in "german". I edit my thread that other people are now warned :thumbs:. I'm from Germany an all my videos are in german. I hope that you become nevertheless your information that you want. In the whole video i just say things about the steelbook and nothing to the movie. its just a show for the product.

I hope you can understand my bad english :rolleyes:.

Greets
MovieFan1982

Reactions: spass
@Dan

Sorry that i dont mention that my video is in "german". I edit my thread that other people are now warned :thumbs:. I'm from Germany an all my videos are in german. I hope that you become nevertheless your information that you want. In the whole video i just say things about the steelbook and nothing to the movie. its just a show for the product.

I hope you can understand my bad english :rolleyes:.

Greets
MovieFan1982
No need to say sorry and your english is oK! ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MovieFan1982