Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 10, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

01-353644.jpg

02-353644.jpg 03-353644.jpg 04-353644.jpg

01-353644.png

Last edited:
It sure is! I think £25 is the sweet spot for 4K Steelbooks. If they were all priced at that I think it would be more reasonable.
They need to have a universal standard on price for a 4K + 2D set and yes I whole heatedly agree, £25 is the sweet spot if you ask me. Now for a 4K + 3D + 2D $38 or $40 would be reasonable. The 4K televisions and players have seriously reduced in price in the last couple of years, now is the time to also apply that cost reduction to the physical media too imho.

Reactions: JayWhit and Sigill
Much better :thumbs::thumbs: than ^ . . . at least looks like Denzel and not some random dude:-
1538162588677.png
1538162813496.png

Best image for the film probably the scales of justice tie - ANCHORMAN 2 steelbook style - would be nice to see on the back:-
1538309256452.png

As for the HMV image: just an adaptation of a still from the film and not a great one at that . . . w/ the awkward raised head and cut off feet . . .
1538310616848.png
1538310863537.png

. . . although since the ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST slipcase edition came out I've been a fan of artwork 'hidden in plain sight' such as seen on this one from HMV and on these other few examples:-
1538311625331.png
1538311683349.png
1538311751185.png
1538312669911.png
1538312091720.png

Last edited:
giphy.gif

You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You continue watching inferior blu-rays. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes - The amazing world of 4K.
:D
:rofl::LOL:
Take the blue pill and avoid the matrix 4K allusions :p and enjoy the already good Blu-ray picture quality it provides and save money by purchasing Blu-ray only
No need then to pay money on a 4K TV or UHD player :LOL:

Only joking with you
It's the price that's the problem for those who have no interest in spending a lot of money upgrading to 4K when Blu-ray already provides excellent picture and sound quality

If distributors want high volume unit sales of 4K UHD Discs drop the dealer prices for retailers so they can sell new release films on 4K UHD releases with Blu-ray included at around £24.99 or less that way those who not upgraded yet to 4K are not paying too much for a UHD disc they may not be using until years later if they plan then to upgrade to 4K

Last edited:
Just like for the first movie, none of the artworks shown so far for this one is really appealing. This one, although not confirmed, is my fav for now.

:rofl::LOL:
Take the blue pill and avoid the matrix 4K allusions :p and enjoy the already good Blu-ray picture quality it provides and save money by purchasing Blu-ray only
No need then to pay money on a 4K TV or UHD player :LOL:

Only joking with you
It's the price that's the problem for those who have no interest in spending a lot of money upgrading to 4K when Blu-ray already provides excellent picture and sound quality

If distributors want high volume unit sales of 4K UHD Discs drop the dealer prices for retailers so they can sell new release films on 4K UHD releases with Blu-ray included at around £24.99 or less that way those who not upgraded yet to 4K are not paying too much for a UHD disc they may not be using until years later if they plan then to upgrade to 4K
I mostly agree with you. Still remains the fact that the Steelbook market is a niche. On top of that the 4K market as well. The average Joe doesn’t care about 4K. This is also for Steelbooks the case.
When your’re in the Steelbook collecting business you know you’re in a niche market, thus paying for it.
You could also get the Amaray, which costs less.

You simply could embrace it, or stop it. Nobody’s forcing anyone.
I’m also not pissed because you pay top dollars for a new iPhone, a Rembrandt or a new Lamborghini. I can write angry letters about it, but the fact remains only a small population can afford it (and is willing to pay). And for that small population it’s made. Not for the average Joe. It’s a simple business model.

When your’re in the Steelbook collecting business you know you’re in a niche market, thus paying for it.
You could also get the Amaray, which costs less.

You simply could embrace it, or stop it. Nobody’s forcing anyone.

Well that's exactly the problem with 4K steelbooks they're making us pay for 2 different "niches" at once. It's not like they force 4K buyers to buy a steelbook every time they want to purchase a new 4K film - so why do they assume all steelbook buyers also want 4K by default?

Whilst you're right that nobody's forcing us to buy them, they are forcing us to choose between paying extra for a disc we might not want and not buying the steelbook at all. To me that rules me out of buying several steelbooks that I would have bought otherwise (including this one if the art stays like it is).

Well that's exactly the problem with 4K steelbooks they're making us pay for 2 different "niches" at once. It's not like they force 4K buyers to buy a steelbook every time they want to purchase a new 4K film - so why do they assume all steelbook buyers also want 4K by default?
I think they don’t. It’s staying ahead of the competition. Our studio is doing 4K already!! Other studios not. With us you get the latest and the greatest.
Same for other than thing. Look!!! The first 8K TV!! We’re the first. Our camera has a 100MP camera?! It’s amazing.
It’s positive advertising. It’s a lot better to say: Hey, here you have a new steelbook with a DVD.

Look what happened with Disney and getting late on the 4K train. Yes, they don’t care about the money, but there was a lot of negative publicity around it.

Based on recent information situation looks like things are going to end up like this:-
Film Arena (WEA) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HMV (WWA) -----------------------------------------I
1540316074551.png
1540315938623.png
/
1540316284166.png

I like it, but will wait for a price drop. I'm personally hoping they release the Pop Art steel for the first film over here too.

Toying with the idea of just getting Amaray, popping an adhesive spindle clip in the original steelbook for the first film, and just keeping it as a “The Equalizer” dual box...

This version too expensive and too ugly to justify.