The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #111) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: May 29, 2019
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Price: TBA
Group buy: Hosted by carllenc E5A - E5B

EU
10x ONLY EU [OPEN] The Equalizer 2 E1 (FilmArena Collection #111) Group Buy
10x ONLY EU [OPEN] The Equalizer 2 E2 (FilmArena Collection #111) Group Buy
15x ONLY EU [OPEN] The Equalizer 2 E3 4K (FilmArena Collection #111) Group Buy
7x ONLY EU [OPEN] The Equalizer 2 E1 + E2 (FilmArena Collection #111) Group Buy

WR
10x ONLY WR [OPEN] The Equalizer 2 E1 (FilmArena Collection #111) Group Buy
10x ONLY WR [OPEN] The Equalizer 2 E2 (FilmArena Collection #111) Group Buy
15x ONLY WR [OPEN] The Equalizer 2 E3 4K (FilmArena Collection #111) Group Buy
7x ONLY WR [OPEN] The Equalizer 2 E1 + E2 (FilmArena Collection #111) Group Buy

ALL
20x [OPEN] The Equalizer 2 Maniacs BOX (FilmArena Collection #111) Group Buy [WORLDWIDE]

52029383_2323902647726698_5187043900438609920_o.jpg52864578_2323902687726694_4945970474195615744_o.jpg52089392_2323902664393363_5114616393752379392_o.jpg52495932_2323902874393342_4538306729808494592_o.jpg
44665814_2128722650578033_3592628680112734208_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All things being equal, I don't think we need a special steelbook edition of Equalizer 2 too.:meh:

Ha...ha-ha...ha.

I realize that to actualize the equality of my collection, I do need to get the Equalizer 2 too. To do. Ta-da. Timmy! OK...

Filmarena Facebook
Dear collectors,
Let us introduce you to the exclusive Czechoslovak WEA SteelBook THE EQUALIZER 2, which we offer not only to Czechoslovak customers but also to the world.

I'm typing Czechoslovak intentionally because Ivan of BLACK BARONS TEAM was also working on this design. Although having not many visuals we have created a very attractive exterior design of the SteelBook, which will be supported by epic and action designs of full slip covers.

You can look forward to several disc variants because the studio, besides the UHD Blu-ray format, has also prepared a bonus Blu-ray disc.

To prepare our own WEA design, we decided, among other things, because the studio was not planning to release another generic SteelBook than a comic one that fits the UHD + BD generic SteelBook released in September 2018 but does not fit the previous one we had in the FAC Edition No. 6.

The strongest reason was the quality of the film that is close to the first part, and even though Denzel has not yet taken on a role in any other sequel, he has decided right here ;-)

More info coming soon :)

Regards,
HC for Team FA and BB

So they're claiming they put that white WEA together? Yet it has been used as a placeholder by HMV for a while :wacky: This is just odd.

So they're claiming they put that white WEA together? Yet it has been used as a placeholder by HMV for a while :wacky: This is just odd.
HMV steelbook won't be the artwork shown on the HMV website
It's just a mock up with artwork TBC and don't show back artwork

WWA Europe Steelbook is the comic one
81A84YpZVxL._SX385_.jpg

HMV steelbook won't be the artwork shown on the HMV website
It's just a mock up with artwork TBC and don't show back artwork

WWA Europe Steelbook is the comic one
View attachment 399202
Yes, I realize that. But they had the white one as a placeholder for a while now, yet FA are claiming "we have created a very attractive exterior design of the SteelBook" (from your copy and paste message earlier of their FB page). How did they create the white WEA design exactly? Did they create it and tell HMV to use it as a placeholder so people could start getting used to the art? lol

Yes, I realize that. But they had the white one as a placeholder for a while now, yet FA are claiming "we have created a very attractive exterior design of the SteelBook" (from your copy and paste message earlier of their FB page). How did they create the white WEA design exactly? Did they create it and tell HMV to use it as a placeholder so people could start getting used to the art? lol
Steelbook back artwork is not shown on HMV website mockup ;)

Images used for mock ups are just that and don't mean that will be used which is why they put Artwork to be Confirmed on mock up's

A steelbook is WEA if any of artwork is not been used on another steelbook

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Steelbook back artwork is not shown on HMV website mockup ;)

Images used for mock ups are just that and don't mean that will be used which is why they put Artwork to be Confirmed on mock up's

A steelbook is WEA if any of artwork is not been used on another steelbook
Paul, I'm not saying it's not a WEA, I'm saying their claim that they designed this is dubious at best.

Paul, I'm not saying it's not a WEA, I'm saying their claim that they designed this is dubious at best.
The back artwork ;)
So it does count to claim they have done some artwork design

Even if HMV had same front (even though actual UK release won't) the artwork on the back means filmarena claim would still stand to be correct

Most artwork though you see on steelbooks exists already be it posters or promotional material so you could say the same with any steelbook release it's not an original design.

An automatic translation from their FB page:
Dear collectors,

let us introduce you to the exclusive Czechoslovak WEA SteelBook THE EQUALIZER 2, which we offer not only to Czechoslovak customers but also to the world.

I'm typing Czechoslovak intentionally because Ivan of BLACK BARONS TEAM was also working on this design. Although having not many visuals we have created a very attractive exterior design of the SteelBook, which will be supported by epic and action designs of full slip covers.
To prepare our own WEA design, we decided, among other things, because the studio was not planning to release another generic SteelBook than a comic one
Which was a good call but I'm left with the impression that between the FA team and Ivan of BB they created the whole thing, not just the back, and actually added a foot to the HMV front. Or they combined the French amaray arts... either/or.

Ultimately, it's a WEA, and that's what matters. I just think the way they worded it is misleading. FA = Spin doctors?