The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 18, 2023
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99

TE_50A.jpg
TE_50A (open).jpg TE_50A (inside).jpg

Last edited:

Description​

The Exorcist (hmv Exclusive) Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook

Controversial, haunting and popular from the moment it opened, William Friedkin's masterpiece The Exorcist turns 50 years old, featuring stunning 4K UHD restorations of the original 1973 Theatrical Version and the 2000 Extended Director's Cut.

The terrifying and realistic tale of an innocent girl inhabited by a terrifying entity, her mother's frantic resolve to save her and two priests - one doubt-ridden, the other a rock of faith - joined to battle the ultimate evil, always leaves viewers breathless. Winner of two Academy Awards® and nominated for an additional eight including Best Picture, this greatest supernatural thriller of all time still astonishes and unsettles like no other movie.

On-Disc Special Features
  • Director's Cut Blu-Ray
  • 3x Documentaries: Raising Hell: Filming The Exorcist, The Exorcist Locations: Georgetown, Then and Now and Faces of Evil: The Different Versions of The Exorcist
  • Commentary by Director William Friedkin
Theatrical Cut Blu-Ray
  • 2 Commentaries by Director William Friedkin and Producer/Screenwriter William Peter Blatty
  • Introduction by William Friedkin
  • Feature-Length 1998 Documentary The Fear of God: The Making of The Exorcist
  • Interview Gallery Covering the Topics: The Original Cut, The Final Reckoning and Stairway to Heaven
  • Original Ending
Special Features Blu-Ray
  • Beyond Comprehension: William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist Documentary
  • Talk of the Devil Documentary

Reactions: Goonboy
HMV list the 40th Anniversary Special Features Disc Extras

If HMV product description details are correct then this will be 5 Discs as it lists the 40th Anniversary Special Features Blu-ray Extras

Hi Paul. Do you know if they use good packaging for shipping? They ship to the US, so I'm trying to determine if my order would arrive safely.
I don't know what Golden Discs packaging is like as I never ordered anything before from their online website
Their prices always put me off from ordering online with them

The only time I purchased from Golden Discs was by visiting their high street stores as in browsing in-store to see if they had anything that got my interest and was mostly Vinyl Records I purchased

Reactions: MM3
I don't know what Golden Discs packaging is like as I never ordered anything before from their online website

The only time I purchased from Golden Discs was by visiting their high street stores

The only time I purchased from Golden Discs was by visiting their high street stores
For the HMV exclusive steelbook, it's my only option beyond eBay. There is less risk of a plain steelbook getting damage I suppose.

Sold out now - even at Golden Discs. Managed to place an order with Golden Discs yesterday since they ship to the US. Will have to request a refund since Best Buy now has the steelbook. LOL.

Sold out now - even at Golden Discs. Managed to place an order with Golden Discs yesterday since they ship to the US. Will have to request a refund since Best Buy now has the steelbook. LOL.
Bestbuy is sold out too.

Bestbuy is sold out too.
The Best Buy edition will probably be available again if you keep your eye on it. There are still 7 weeks until it comes out, so I doubt it won't be restocked. Decided to keep my UK order since the US edition doesn't have the Blu-Ray discs, but then again, I already have those Blu-Ray discs in the 40th anniversary editions from USA/Japan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maksym