The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 9 October 23, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop
Price: £44.99

FB_IMG_1689849279901.jpeg

Last edited:
Top art is the only correct option

P.S. You're already insufferable

I’ll be more so

If we get both then it will be a fact :giggle: :p :LOL:

Have to wait until Warner allow UK release details be made public officially

Warner UK told Zavvi off for leaking Enter the Dragon Ultimate Collector's Edition details before was meant to be officially revealed :giggle:

I’m not interested in the enter the dragon release (Although that is hilarious) but it is a real nice set so I’ve got my hopes high for what they do to this. It honestly deserves the best art they have and extras. If they can do it for the EtD they can do it for this

Wouldn't surprise me if the OG art is on the slip, and the other steel within. As already said, possibly there will also be a 2nd variant, with the OG art steel inside the OG art slip.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Never seen this movie, is it any good?

Im Serious Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

'Cause it's been parodied so much over the years, I don't think I'll be able to take it seriously, or bear waiting till it gets to the point of head turning and hose spurting. :D

'Cause it's been parodied so much over the years, I don't think I'll be able to take it seriously, or bear waiting till it gets to the point of head turning and hose spurting. :D
If you are a fan of horror, make the time to watch it, you shouldn't regret it :thumbs:

I so need this. As for art choices, I'd be happy with the original poster art or something new. But, yeah, to echo others: not the Regan art, please!

And @Lenny Nero ... Yes, it's good. It's a seminal work of horror fiction and film. You have to see it. To be honest, I find it less 'frightening' with every viewing, but equally find the characters more interesting. Definitely a must watch.

max von sydow father merrin GIF

Last edited:

I’m 37 and I only see the film officially from start to end for the first time 2 years ago on Halloween. I was always put off plus as mentioned things like scary movie always stuck in my head. When I finally watched it I was blown away by a few things I wasn’t expecting. The first half of the film is rich in colour and evolves around a wealthy family which I was not expecting. And it looks stunning too. I thought I had the wrong film on at the time. And then 2nd half is crazy.

The film don’t scare me one bit but what they actually got away with is pretty amazing and fully understood why it caused such a stir back then. Especially with what Regan says throughout. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s kinda become a similar film to me like the thing. Where I’m just obsessed now. So I kinda regret not watching it whilst I was younger but also happy I waited because something ignited in me that I don’t think would of happened 10/ 15/ 20/ 25 years ago

I’m 37 and I only see the film officially from start to end for the first time 2 years ago on Halloween. I was always put off plus as mentioned things like scary movie always stuck in my head. When I finally watched it I was blown away by a few things I wasn’t expecting. The first half of the film is rich in colour and evolves around a wealthy family which I was not expecting. And it looks stunning too. I thought I had the wrong film on at the time. And then 2nd half is crazy.

The film don’t scare me one bit but what they actually got away with is pretty amazing and fully understood why it caused such a stir back then. Especially with what Regan says throughout. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s kinda become a similar film to me like the thing. Where I’m just obsessed now. So I kinda regret not watching it whilst I was younger but also happy I waited because something ignited in me that I don’t think would of happened 10/15/20/25 years ago
That's exactly what I was hoping to hear, someone watching it recently, without 'nostalgia' glasses or childhood memories, as often is.
Many movies from the past, however much we love them, don't work that well today on first-time viewers, so glad this one does.

It's just that when they show an edition like for that Bruce Lee movie, I'll want to buy it, and needed it to be justified, so thank you! :D

Reactions: Flloydo
That's exactly what I was hoping to hear, someone watching it recently, without 'nostalgia' glasses or childhood memories, as often is.
Many movies from the past, however much we love them, don't work that well today on first-time viewers, so glad this one does.

It's just that when they show an edition like for that Bruce Lee movie, I'll want to buy it, and needed it to be justified, so thank you! :D
Im really hoping they put as much effort into this with what they have with enter the Dragon. That set looks stunning

Easily one of the greatest horror movies of all time and for me personally one of the greatest films ever made.

And yes, it still holds up

A contact from Warner UK has provided me with the following info

• There will be two SteelBook designs in the market globally
  • Sku design and configuration will vary across territories (e.g standalone SteelBook, Ultimate Collectors Edition with SteelBook, Ultimate Collectors Edition without SteelBook)
  • Both Theatrical and Director's Cuts have been remastered on 4K. Both the 4K and Blu-ray versions are on their own discs (4 discs).
  • Premium skus may include the additional Special Features Blu-ray, previously released on the 40th Anniversary Special Editions
  • More visuals and pre-order information will be shared in late July

as many others have said, do give it a watch. :woot: i was very lucky and saw it relatively young at the cinema before it was parodied. it absolutely floored me, but the fact it's entered pop culture should not affect your enjoyment too much.

why do i say that? this is horror cinema; superb direction, a good script, great acting, sound and set design, plus some real surprises you won't have seen parodied. i still find it hard to believe it was made in the early 70s, especially considering some of the content. can't recommend it enough. :thumbs: