The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 9 October 23, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop
Price: £44.99

FB_IMG_1689849279901.jpeg

Last edited:
From post #54 from Paul.

Theatrical and Director’s Cuts (4K UHD and Blu-ray) with an additional Special Feature Blu-ray
Rigid Slipcase with new Key Art
Steelbook with Matte Finish
Double-Sided Theatrical Poster Reproduction
Double-Sided Lobby Card
40-Page Booklet
3x BTS Art Cards
3x Iconic Scene Art Cards
Ffs

That’s proper p!ssed me off.

I’ve envisioned this steelbook with this art for an unhealthy amount of time. But in my minds eye it’s dripping in gloss like Kimchi/ Blu Collections It Follows!

I seriously thought we were getting theeeeeee perfect package here.

@paulboland Germany here, but there are no news besides the France and UK release floating around in Germany.
Usually I am very well informed about upcoming releases, but there´s radio silence concerning The Exorcist.
So where have you heard, that Germany will get a release, too? Thanks.
It's a release from Warner
Warner are releasing the Exorcist 50th anniversary globally
Some countries will get SteelBook only edition or standard amaray editions or both

Thread post #34
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ate-collectors-edition-uk.116470/post-2521286

Warner still distribute The Exorcist (1973) in Germany

Release details for various other countries will be announced soon in those regions

UK Warner will be officially announcing details about UK releases on Monday July 24th and that's when UK retailers can list to pre order
Zavvi was not meant to reveal artwork and details about the UK ultimate collector's edition until Monday that's why their website link is no longer active

Zavvi listing don’t show anymore
Zavvi was not meant to release artwork details or have website link active until Monday July 24th
This is why Zavvi website listing is now inactive ;)
It will be back active on Monday at some stage after 12 AM

Zavvi likely was told off again by Warner for leaking release details info before Monday :LOL:

The same happened with Enter the Dragon 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition when Zavvi leaked details about that release on June 5th their website link was made inactive shortly after on same day and was only active again on June 12 the official date for UK retailers to list details

Is it really? Wow! So is that theatrical and directors cut on a BD and 4K each and a bonus disc/ special features on the other BD?
The Ultimate Collector's Edition is 5 discs as it includes the 40th Anniversary Blu-ray Extras Disc
I posted the info on June 22
  • Both Theatrical and Director's Cuts have been remastered on 4K. Both the 4K and Blu-ray versions are on their own discs (4 discs).
  • Premium skus may include the additional Special Features Blu-ray, previously released on the 40th Anniversary Special Editions

Post# 34

Reactions: shane54 and Flloydo
Zavvi was not meant to release artwork details or have website link active until Monday July 24th
This is why Zavvi website listing is now inactive ;)
It will be back active on Monday at some stage after 12 AM

Zavvi likely was told off again by Warner for leaking release details info before Monday :LOL:

The same happened with Enter the Dragon 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition when Zavvi leaked details about that release on June 5th their website link was made inactive shortly after on same day and was only active again on June 12 the official date for UK retailers to list details
I wasn’t complaining, I got told the info was on the listing and I was explaining to Sam that the listing is no longer active.

I know the listing was active at some point otherwise there wouldn’t of been a link. I assumed they put it up too early

WB are so weird. Like we’ve seen it now you plebs, just let zavvi be. Go fix your DC films and stop worrying that a beauty shot of a poxy steelbook got leaked 3 days early!

The Ultimate Collector's Edition is 5 discs as it includes the 40th Anniversary Blu-ray Extras Disc
I posted the info on June 22
  • Both Theatrical and Director's Cuts have been remastered on 4K. Both the 4K and Blu-ray versions are on their own discs (4 discs).
  • Premium skus may include the additional Special Features Blu-ray, previously released on the 40th Anniversary Special Editions

Post# 34
Yeah I see it after I asked

Reactions: paulboland
Just see the leaked trailer on twitter for the new film and it looks absolute dogsh!t

@Flloydo exactly, I don't understand this corporate idiotic 'street reveal date' crap. Show it whenever it's ready, what's the point in hiding it.

is the 40th Anniversary Special Edition the mediabook from US? Or is it different release?
40th Anniversary Edition was released in a few countries UK/USA/Japan
USA release was not mediabook it was a amaray case in a slipbox that included a separate hardback book inside the slipbox.

Japan release also included the hardback book

The book was hardcover book: Excerpt from William Friedkin’s book "The Friedkin Connection: A Memoir

UK 40th Anniversary release was just amaray case (3 discs) did not include the book

The 40th Anniversary extras disc was disc 3 has 2 extras
Beyond Comprehension: William Peter Blatty’s The Exorcist featurette
Talk of the Devil featurette

That same extras disc was also included with the Mondo X SteelBook

Last edited:
Reactions: nekromantik
40th Anniversary Edition was released in a few countries UK/USA/Japan
USA release was not mediabook it was a amaray case in a slipbox that included a separate hardback book inside the slipbox.

Japan release also included the hardback book

The book was hardcover book: Excerpt from William Friedkin’s book "The Friedkin Connection: A Memoir

UK 40th Anniversary release was just amaray case (3 discs) did not include the book

The 40th Anniversary extras disc was disc 3 has 2 extras
Beyond Comprehension: William Peter Blatty’s The Exorcist featurette
Talk of the Devil featurette

That same extras disc was also included with the Mondo X SteelBook
thanks
that means I dont own that edition so will deffo get the ultimate edition of the 4k

5 discs will mean it will have stacking hubs - truly the work of the devil.

Hoping for a 3 disc (4K + bonus) release without all the "collectables".
Yep, unfortunately. It displayed 2 stack hubs in the zavvi mockup, so that's all but guaranteed now. Bleugh