The Exorcist (1973) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #25) [Czech Republic]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 27, 2020
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1099 CZK
Notes: Extended Director´s Cut Fullslip XL
Group Buy: hosted by carllenc HERE

C30C02BE-77F2-49B6-A5A0-D1A4D71465FD.jpeg

67663223_2378252232411310_8853707766510911488_n.jpg

Last edited:
Missed out on this, however, FAC have produced another 150 unnumbered that may go to the select few tomorrow...

1) Unnumbered editions will be primarily offered to customers on waiting lists.
2) Unnumbered editions will also be offered to other customers who have shown interest in the editions.
3) The remaining copies may be offered to all customers.

Please note that these unnumbered batches were created exceptionally due to great interest and may not be repeated for other projects in the future.

Our robots will start placing automated orders from July 2, 2020.

Good luck!

Reactions: jasong
Hey guys

As already stated there will be some UNnumbered editions of the latest Black Barons releases (22-25). They are basically the same as the numbered editions, with only two changes: numbering card and hologram slightly updated (removal of the numbering).

There wont be a GB for these, but Karel should be able to get few copies. But again the time is limited so we only have today to do this. Prices are the same as for the numbered editions.

To get a copy please contact me and Karel (carllenc) directly via PM, after confirmation that your copy can be reserved we will invoice you right away so please be ready to pay the invoice asap.

Thank you all

PM SENT
Hey guys

As already stated there will be some UNnumbered editions of the latest Black Barons releases (22-25). They are basically the same as the numbered editions, with only two changes: numbering card and hologram slightly updated (removal of the numbering).

There wont be a GB for these, but Karel should be able to get few copies. But again the time is limited so we only have today to do this. Prices are the same as for the numbered editions.

To get a copy please contact me and Karel (carllenc) directly via PM, after confirmation that your copy can be reserved we will invoice you right away so please be ready to pay the invoice asap.

Thank you all

PM sent to yourself and to Karel, ready to pay if there is one available. Thanks!

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Hey guys

Thank you all
PM SENT

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Hey guys

Thank you all

PM sent to you both ...

Hey guys

Thank you all
PM sent.

happy days. :happy: or should that be scary days. :ohno: either way, this is a great release of a truly classic piece of horror cinema. :woot: there are a few things that could be better, and i think there’s a CM release expected, but it will have to be good to beat this. some lovely shots from @Killi Zoltan above, and if you only want more pics, here's my album. but if you're interested in an unboxathon, read on... many thanks to @carllenc and @CollectorEmtee for the GB. :thanks:

i first saw The Exorcist in the late ‘80s on a matinee (ha!) re-run, a big cinema with about 7 people in it and the sound turned up to 11. it completely blew me away, and still does; a fine script, good actors, and great direction elevating it above so many of the imitators it would spawn.
View media item 27500
so to this FAC Black Barons release. first off, i think FAC/BB way overdo their XL slips for most releases, but this is one of the few that deserves that sort of ‘classic’ film doorstop treatment. get it unpacked and to the somewhat unusual front cover, the lenti has some nice depth and an air of unease, but it is a strange image to use. still, it does sort of work for me. see what you think:
View media item 27498
full slip
overall, this is a classic FAC-style slip - that cross-hatch texture, areas of spot gloss and ‘bossed surfaces, text on the top and spine. there’s also printed imagery on the inside of the box, which i always like. all that under the spoiler:
the numbering card has two of the most striking images from the film, but are spoiler-y if you have never seen it:
here’s everything you get when you’ve unpacked it - rear artworks under the spoiler:
View media item 27487 steelbook
View media item 27485
to state the obvious, this would have been superb with gloss or a satin/zero finish and a debossed title. but it doesn’t have that, so… the artwork is very in keeping with the slip artwork. inside art is superb. more shots of the steel beneath the spoiler:
collector's folder
View media item 27479
i will probably never think that we need this many large, thick stock postcards. i love extras, but even i am way more interested in the booklet if it’s good than in a ton of 'cards. but, in common with all the XLs, the artwork is good, the repro high standard, the stock thick - all under the spoiler:

booklet
this is my sort of booklet - good photos, good writing, some revelations, all adding to your enjoyment of the film:
if you like this film and still want a copy, then the power of Christ compels you to hunt one down. :vomit: ;)

Last edited:
I was going to try and hunt a copy down but then I heard the following in my head: "Dimmy, why you do dees to me."
I instantly remembered how much this film scared me when I was a young lad. I won't give the Devil his due. I'll pass.

happy days. :happy: or should that be scary days. :ohno: either way, this is a great release of a truly classic piece of horror cinema. :woot: there are a few things that could be better, and i think there’s a CM release expected, but it will have to be good to beat this. some lovely shots from @Killi Zoltan above, and if you only want more pics, here's my album. but if you're interested in an unboxathon, read on... many thanks to @carllenc and @CollectorEmtee for the GB. :thanks:

i first saw The Exorcist in the late ‘80s on a matinee (ha!) re-run, a big cinema with about 7 people in it and the sound turned up to 11. it completely blew me away, and still does; a fine script, good actors, and great direction elevating it above so many of the imitators it would spawn.
View media item 27500
so to this FAC Black Barons release. first off, i think FAC/BB way overdo their XL slips for most releases, but this is one of the few that deserves that sort of ‘classic’ film doorstop treatment. get it unpacked and to the somewhat unusual front cover, the lenti has some nice depth and an air of unease, but it is a strange image to use. still, it does sort of work for me. see what you think:
View media item 27498
full slip
overall, this is a classic FAC-style slip - that cross-hatch texture, areas of spot gloss and ‘bossed surfaces, text on the top and spine. there’s also printed imagery on the inside of the box, which i always like. all that under the spoiler:
the numbering card has two of the most striking images from the film, but are spoiler-y if you have never seen it:
here’s everything you get when you’ve unpacked it - rear artworks under the spoiler:
View media item 27487 steelbook
View media item 27485
to state the obvious, this would have been superb with gloss or a satin/zero finish and a debossed title. but it doesn’t have that, so… the artwork is very in keeping with the slip artwork. inside art is superb. more shots of the steel beneath the spoiler:
collector's folder
View media item 27479
i will probably never think that we need this many large, thick stock postcards. i love extras, but even i am way more interested in the booklet if it’s good than in a ton of 'cards. but, in common with all the XLs, the artwork is good, the repro high standard, the stock thick - all under the spoiler:

booklet
this is my sort of booklet - good photos, good writing, some revelations, all adding to your enjoyment of the film:
if you like this film and still want a copy, then the power of Christ compels you to hunt one down. :vomit: ;)

Great review and pics. Love mine. :)

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart