bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Falcon/Winter Soldier TV Series Planned for Disney Streaming Service
Source: SlashFilm

Winter Soldier / Falcon TV Series
Disney is developing a Falcon/Winter Solider team-up television series that would reunite frenemies Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie on the small screen Disney streaming service. We learned this news independently, but a new story from Variety has revealed that Disney has tapped Malcolm Spellman as the writer for the new series, which is currently in development.

Sebastian Stan quickly became a fan favorite after making his debut as Sgt. Bucky Barnes in Joe Johnston’s Captain America: The First Avenger in 2011. The character transformed into The Winter Soldier in Anthony and Joe Russo’s 2014 film Captain America: The Winter Soldier, a movie that also saw the debut of Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson, AKA the Falcon. But it wasn’t until Captain America: Civil War, where Bucky and Sam developed a friendly rivalry on screen, that fans started demanding a spin-off movie.

Stan and Mackie have been playing this up in interviews, telling various outlets that they are ready and interested whenever the subject came up. Stan has even described his idea for a Falcon/Winter Soldier movie as a buddy comedy film: “To me, it’s like Martin Brest film classic, Midnight Run, you know. It’s really just sort of in my head, like, 48 Hoursor a buddy comedy from the ’80s or the ’90s. That’s how I see it.” Who knows what Disney and Feige’s plan for the series actually is.

The last time we saw Bucky, he had some recovery time in Wakanda, where he became known as “White Wolf” by the Wakandan people. Alongside Falcon, he tried to help the Avengers stop Thanos from obtaining the Infinity stones in the Battle of Wakanda, but they were unsuccessful and both Falcon and Bucky were turned to dust. We obviously know that the events of Avengers 4 will restore both of these heroes, but it’s also expected that the MCU will be changed in other major ways. It’s expected that these Disney Play shows could address some of the world-changing effects, although it’s ultimately unknown what the story will be about.

FalconWS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Must add that the main reason I haven't watched Wandavision is because I already know everything that happens due to idiots (not on here) posting spoilers everywhere. :squint:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Keeps getting better this show, episode 3 the best one yet

loved the JW inspiration behind the action scenes (Emily Vancamp's one was brutally good) and that cameo at the end!!!....)

Last edited:
Reactions: kaw
Not enjoying this as much as Wandavision at all

This was my least favourite episode yet. Story is just getting too ridiculous now. Jumping from one city to the next for a rushed action scene. So many plot holes. How did Bucky even see that trinket thing from across the street at the end..? Nonsense.

Not enjoying this as much as Wandavision at all

This was my least favourite episode yet. Story is just getting too ridiculous now. Jumping from one city to the next for a rushed action scene. So many plot holes. How did Bucky even see that trinket thing from across the street at the end..? Nonsense.

Wow I totally disagree.
This was my favorite episode of the season so far. Felt like a spy thriller, bourne / bond / wick style. Loved everything about it!

And while i've always liked him, I really feel like Sebastian Stan has been killing it in this show as Bucky. He's so good. I feel like he's going to be a bigger star then he already is after this.

Reactions: tommyh84
Wow I totally disagree.
This was my favorite episode of the season so far. Felt like a spy thriller, bourne / bond / wick style. Loved everything about it!

And while i've always liked him, I really feel like Sebastian Stan has been killing it in this show as Bucky. He's so good. I feel like he's going to be a bigger star then he already is after this.

my prediction is that by the end of the show he takes on the mantel as the new Captain America not Falcon as the show is leading us to think

Reactions: kaw
Another strong episode, loving this show way more than I thought I would :thumbs:

Just further proof really that anything MCU more often than not is a resounding success

Reactions: Robles
you are a disney+ suppoter?
dQwRp3.gif

Absolutely, of all the streaming services Disney+ for me has the best content of them all. Netflix, Prime etc for me have generally all been free month trials here and there but I've had no problem paying for a year of Disney+ for £50 (£60 this year). The content is even better now with Star as well

through the years kiss GIF by Mickey Mouse

• Haha
Reactions: tha_lunatic
Another strong episode, loving this show way more than I thought I would :thumbs:

Just further proof really that anything MCU more often than not is a resounding success
Best show for me at the minute is 'Them' over on Prime Video. It can be a tough watch due to the subject matter but I'm addicted.

Be interested to see what anyone else thinks of it. There doesn't even seem to be a thread created for it.......

Absolutely, of all the streaming services Disney+ for me has the best content of them all. Netflix, Prime etc for me have generally all been free month trials here and there but I've had no problem paying for a year of Disney+ for £50 (£60 this year). The content is even better now with Star as well

through the years kiss GIF by Mickey Mouse
aX6Mymz.gif

Another great episode :thumbs:
Wasn't sure that I enjoy this as much as I did Wandavision but I probably say that I'm enjoying this a little more :D

Only one more episode to go :offtopic:

Another strong episode, less action (apart from that epic first scene) and more character development which i appreciated although I'm not feeling the inevitability of what Falcon is gonna look like in next weeks episode....

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

Reactions: Robles
Only one more episode to go :offtopic:

Another strong episode, less action (apart from that epic first scene) and more character development which i appreciated although I'm not feeling the inevitability of what Falcon is gonna look like in next weeks episode....

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF
Yeah only realised yesterday that there were only 6 parts :OMG: Pretty gutted about that.
Another Great show that's gonna feel like its been over and done with so quickly.

Reactions: tommyh84