tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: September 16th, 2014
ORDER: Amazon.com

FaultEdition.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
received my copy today was sooo excited, opened the amazon shipping box only to find out that the stunning slip has a blade cut on the side of the slipcover :(

If this movie doesn't get nominated for an Academy Award there is something terribly wrong. I cried both times I watched it.

While I agree that it was a very good movie I don't see this being nominated for an Academy Award for several reasons. Firstly I don't think it's considered good enough by the voters nor will it resonate with them in the same way that it does to someone younger. Remember that the voters are a bunch of old farts.
Second, from what I've heard the way these things work is that the studio almost has to spend alot of money to promote it for the voters. Take out 'For your consideration' ads and so forth.
My guess would be that it might get a nomination for best adapted screenplay and best female in a leading role but I highly doubt that it will get any best movie or best director recognition.

That being said I too think that it was a very good movie that dealt with serious topics in a mature way inspite of starring young actors and being promoted/made for a mainly young audience. Not sure I think it deserves a best movie nod but it would signal a nice change if it did.

• Informative
Reactions: WKRP
Yeah, I still haven't gotten it and I would be surprised if I had. Usually takes at least 3 to 4 weeks.

got my first copy, flawless except there is a blade cut on the side of the Slipcover (was probably on top of the box when they opened the box from the production company and wearhouse agent wasn't careful just opened the box with the blade without being careful)... so I was upset and asked for a replacement, replacement arrived today and worse condition, few scratches front of slip, dent at top of slip and slip cardboard is bent about 1 inch at top of slip PLUS they used the copy to write something as there is imprints of a word written(like when you write with a pen with a little bit of force on a paper pad, the sheet bellow you will see the indentation of what was written on sheet above...so I was giving up, called Amazon to complain as it isn't fair it's been so long been waiting for this and agent was kind enough to send me a 3rd replacement and said(hope it's true that the message will be passed to the shipping dept) to make sure to send me a Mint copy...

Oye just trying to get a brand new copy which I should have had on first order, it's frustrating that shipping department are not more careful than that.

Finally my 3rd copy received(2nd replacement) is Flawless...last Customer Service Rep insured to communicate to shipping dept to make sure slip cover would be brand new without flaw. It's crazy, because of the wearhouse and shipping people first 2 copies were unnaceptable but last agent came through and I finally for my perfect copy, I was very happy.

It's a shame though that wearhouse employee are not careful to copies with slipcover at amazon.com as often replacements are needed...we should have our brand new copy first order as there's no customers handling the copies and they should have more respect towards the customers who ordered copies for the slipcovers and are expecting it through the first order.