May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: October 7, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $11.99 $9.99

The Fly1.jpg

The Fly.jpg

Last edited:
Ok dear they really have given up on any attempt at quality steelbooks these days. What with Rambo and this I feel like giving up the hobby.
I like the idea, but this style could've been used on movies that would be more suited to it. It has no connection to any of these releases.

F**** sake look at all of these crap releases of late - so some brainiac then says, I know let’s bring out a whole wave of the shite!

I feel like a broken record but it’s true, this game ain’t what it used to be :angry:

Last edited:
Seems like the studios have decided that all steelbooks should now have crap comic art work! and will charge premium prices for the privilege!
Do they not realise that stick the poster art on them and they might actually sell them!
God these are shocking, I hope to christ these don't come out in the UK!

I feel like the designers are joking with eachother who can come up with the worst designs

Guess I'm the only one who loves these then! I personally think the style really suits the horror theme.

I'll still be passing anyway, since I already own the films and they're not titles I particularly want to double-dip on.

Guess I'm the only one who loves these then! I personally think the style really suits the horror theme.

I'll still be passing anyway, since I already own the films and they're not titles I particularly want to double-dip on.
Your not the only one bro, I love every one of these new releases. Just can't see how I can possibly budget them in as I still have to get all the Purge 4K titles and the new Harry Potter 8-Movie collection 4K.

Your not the only one bro, I love every one of these new releases. Just can't see how I can possibly budget them in as I still have to get all the Purge 4K titles and the new Harry Potter 8-Movie collection 4K.
Good to know! At least one other person on here appreciates cool art. :p

And yeah, I'm half tempted to just go nuts and get them all too, since they're so cheap! But, I'm in a similar position... it'd mess up my monthly budget and I'd have to cancel other pre-orders to afford them. (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader

I like them, very stylish and the guys a talented artist but I just couldn’t work out why the Mexican theme. But now it’s clear

Some people do make me laugh here though. Slamming it as tacky (when they haven’t seen the finished product) just because it’s a artistic illustrated take on some horror films. I agree we have had some terrible illustrated/ pop art steels in the past but equally some of the best (without including mondo).

Steelbooks don’t always have to be a official movie poster. And most of these have been done before so it’s just another choice for the collection if your a fan of that style/ artist or film. Never understood the instant hate from certain members when it’s actually a decent peice of work (but I fully understand the hate on some of the lame pop art steels).

Most movie collectors on here have grown up with comics, animation, collecting art prints etc you would think more would appreciate a decent artist.

Only one I think he’s missed the point on is jeepers creepers. Really don’t look like the monster. But I’d happily pick a few of these up if they turned out gloss to make all the colours pop (at that price I can imagine matte). Owning 5/6 (or more if you like them all) m would be cool in a lil collection within the steel collection. I’m not a fan of all the films so I’d only get a few of them

Maybe like some on here (and yourself), I’m a artistic person who can actually draw/ sketch so I can appreciate this stuff when done well

I like them, very stylish and the guys a talented artist but I just couldn’t work out why the Mexican theme. But now it’s clear

Some people do make me laugh here though. Slamming it as tacky (when they haven’t seen the finished product) just because it’s a artistic illustrated take on some horror films. I agree we have had some terrible illustrated/ pop art steels in the past but equally some of the best (without including mondo).

Steelbooks don’t always have to be a official movie poster. And most of these have been done before so it’s just another choice for the collection if your a fan of that style/ artist or film. Never understood the instant hate from certain members when it’s actually a decent peice of work (but I fully understand the hate on some of the lame pop art steels).

Most movie collectors on here have grown up with comics, animation, collecting art prints etc you would think more would appreciate a decent artist.

Only one I think he’s missed the point on is jeepers creepers. Really don’t look like the monster. But I’d happily pick a few of these up if they turned out gloss to make all the colours pop (at that price I can imagine matte). Owning 5/6 (or more if you like them all) m would be cool in a lil collection within the steel collection. I’m not a fan of all the films so I’d only get a few of them

Maybe like some on here (and yourself), I’m a artistic person who can actually draw/ sketch so I can appreciate this stuff when done well
I think there all high gloss. I know that the shrink wrap is still on but you can clearly see the bubbly gloss shining through like in this photo below.

victor-frankenstein-jpg.395969

Reactions: Flloydo
I think there all high gloss. I know that the shrink wrap is still on but you can clearly see the bubbly gloss shining through like in this photo below.

victor-frankenstein-jpg.395969

Oh you might be right

I did see those pics earlier and just assumed it was the wrap.

But that’s a bigger pic and looks more gloss. These should actually look decent in hand but would be a eBay job for me if I do get any. I prefer these kinds of steels when I already own a “normal version”. It’s why out of this range, jeepers creepers is the only one I still wish we get a cool steel at some point

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Considering the warm feelings for the COCO artwork maybe surprising that there appears to be little love for these Orlando Arocena 'Day of the Dead' style ready for Halloween steelbooks from an artist who's got a style that translates well to non-horror films too . . . such as this very pleasing poster for READY PLAYER ONE . . . or to sci-fi as seen on the cool vector art UK DALEKS: INVASION EARTH steelbook or the German DIE ... / ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK or back to the UK w/ our vector art ANT-MAN lenticular steelbook ot to Arrow's Takashi Miike DEAD OR ALIVE trilogy:-
1538613390963.png
1538614149836.png
1538616110842.png

1538616665708.png
1538616743587.png

Evolving THE FLY . . .
1538617150940.png

. . . artwork courtesy artist Orlando Arocena:-
1538614705033.png
1538614757516.png

1538614806274.png

=====================================================================================================================================================================
Artwork seen last Halloween on standard Blu-ray and DVD packaging:-
1538615266131.png

Last edited: