elle82

Premium Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
Australia
Release date: March 8th 2017
Purchase link: JB HIFI
Price: AUS $75.00

37887-1312746.jpg

Note: This fantastic collectible boxset includes The Fly (1958), Return Of The Fly (1959), Curse Of The Fly (1965), The Fly - 20th Anniversary Special Edition (1986) and The Fly II - Special Edition (1989). Pushing the boundaries of horror from the outset, The Fly franchise successfully combined spine tingling shocks with heart warming romance and produced some of the most frightening yet memorable films of all time. Presented in a limited edition boxset this Blu Ray collection finally brings together the classic 80's blockbusters with the original films that inspired them in glorious High Definition.

Special Features: The Fly (1958)
Audio Commentary with actor David Hedsion and historian David Del Valle
Extras:"Biography: Vincent Price" documentary (44:03)
"Fly Trap - Catching a Classic" featurette (11:30)
Fox Movietone News (0:54)
Theatrical Trailer (1:59)
The FLY (1986)
Audio commentary with director/co-writer David Cronenberg
Fear of the Flesh: The Making of The Fly" - documentary:
The Brundle Museum of Natural History"
4 Deleted Scenes
2 Extended Scenes (you can use the optional ""red box"" around the parts that were excised):
Written work:
Film Tests (visual effects)
The FLY II (1989)
Audio commentary by director Chris Walas and film historian/archivist Bob Burns
Deleted scene (1,5 min)
Alternate "houseboat" ending (1 min)
Trailers: "The Fly (1989)", "The Fly (1958)", "Return of the Fly (1958)", "Aliens", and "The Omen"
The Fly Papers: The Buzz on Hollywood's Scariest Insect"
-documentary (of all "The Fly"-films - 60 min)
"Transformations: Looking Back at The Fly II" -featurette
"CWI Video Production Journal"-featurette (15 min)
"Composer's Master Class: Christopher Young" -featurette (13 min)
"Original theatrical EPK" -featurette (5 min)
"Storyboard to Film"
-comparisons of 3 scenes (with optional audio commentary by director Chris Walas)

Last edited:
Just watched Return of the Fly a few days ago on the Vincent Price Collection Blu ray set.
If it is the same transfer - it is gorgeous!
Interestingly - Return of The Fly is one of the few sequels to a COLOR movie that is in BLACK & WHITE!

So is this still being released, or is canceled like the Cube trilogy?
Don't care about crappy old 'originals', just my favorite The Fly II from 1989.

So is this still being released, or is canceled like the Cube trilogy?
Don't care about crappy old 'originals', just my favorite The Fly II from 1989.

I don't think so did you see the link?? this is the information on their site with release date......

Format - 5 Blu-Ray

Genre - Horror

Rating - R18+

Release Date - 08/03/17

Price Guarantee: If the price drops before the release date, you will pay the lowest price.

When will I get my order? Unless specified above, your online pre-order will leave our Vic warehouse via Australia Post one business day prior to the official release date. Please allow standard delivery times on top of this.

Reactions: elle82
Return of The Fly is one of the few sequels to a COLOR movie that is in BLACK & WHITE!

I can't think of any other film in which the original was colour and the sequel b/w. I can think of plenty that were in mono and the sequel colour but apart from the Fly I can't think of one colour film that followed up with a b/w film.

I can't think of any other film in which the original was colour and the sequel b/w. I can think of plenty that were in mono and the sequel colour but apart from the Fly I can't think of one colour film that followed up with a b/w film.

Well the new Mad Max is available in Black and White, and it is a sequel to the old Mel Gibson Mad Max's. I know not the same.....but kind of.

Human Centipede was one example