Cancelled The Following (Season 3) [Fox]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
10306260_610451992390076_897191239714016990_n.png

The Following is an American television drama series created by Kevin Williamson and jointly produced by Outerbanks Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television.

The first season follows former FBI agent Ryan Hardy trying to help recapture serial killer Joe Carroll, while Carroll's assembled cult captures his son from his ex-wife and sends Carroll's messages to the world. Thesecond season, introduces Hardy's niece who provides help in finding Carroll after his fake death while also dealing with a new cult lead by Lily Grey and her two identical twin sons.

The series is broadcast on the commercial broadcast television network Fox. In its two seasons so far, it has starred Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy in leading roles, as well as Shawn Ashmore, Natalie Zea, and Valorie Curry. The first season premiered on January 21, 2013 and consisted of 15 episodes, concluding on April 29, 2013. On March 4, 2013, the series was renewed for a second season, which premiered on January 19, 2014 and concluded on April 28, 2014. The series' renewal for a third season was announced on March 7, 2014, with the season set to premiere on March 2, 2015.

Attachments

• thefollowing.jpg
    thefollowing.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be checking this show out for sure, along with Deception, Do No Harm, Continuum, The Americans, and 1600 Penn. I'm sure most of them won't survive, but what the hell.

This is an amazing example of what you can do with a little creativity. No need for big budgets, just bring in a well established name (Bacon) and play it safe (starting as a 14 episode only series) and if people like it, keep going. My main concern is that they they will strectch it out like The Killing, which shouldve lasted only 1 season.

The Following [USA]

From IMDB: A brilliant and charismatic, yet psychotic serial killer communicates with other active serial killers and activates a cult of believers following his every command.​

thefollowing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it! Has a Silence of the Lambs feel to it, I'm sure that's where it draws inspiration from. Intrigued to see where this goes. Blu release, day 1 purchase

Damn...I did a marathon of the shows last night...wow!
I'd rather save them and watch 4 to 5 episodes...keeps it really exciting!

Can anyone explain why
Carroll surrendered to Hardy in the pilot episode? What was the point of breaking out of prison, surrendering and going back to prison, and then breaking out again? I really like this show but that part is confusing to me.