The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Blu-ray Full & Lenticular Slipboxes) (The Blu Collection) [Korea]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: December 30, 2015
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip (SOLD OUT)
Price: $30.99 (Full Slip) - $31.99 (Lenti)

12342385_514706742043745_6170937689594831696_n.jpg 12373265_514707138710372_6165225615376064413_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont want the standard edition, i want the numbered one. i have almost all of the other BLU collection releases, and #0001/2000 on my "grave of the fireflies", so this leaves an ugly gap in my collection :/

Reactions: AlienKing
May be the title is more famous than we thought. In which case, many of us who are waiting for it to come back in stock are screwed. I'm not gonna pay $100+ for this though. I'm also not settling for second "plain" edition :whistle::p

Reactions: hayemaker and harry
I suppose you just have to consider the fact that the director Mamoru Hosoda certainly has a huge following and is considered by some (if not many) to be a kind of successor to Hayao Miyazaki. Personally I don't really see the connection as strong in their styles but of course people are always keen to perpetuate this kind of status when one mythic figure steps down.

Plus anime fans are rabid when it comes to collecting. :LOL: Hope you guys can get one without that price tag though. :cautious:

May be the title is more famous than we thought. In which case, many of us who are waiting for it to come back in stock are screwed. I'm not gonna pay $100+ for this though. I'm also not settling for second "plain" edition :whistle::p

The primary factor for this release's popularity (beyond the nice packaging and the fact that it's a good movie by a prominent director) is that it's the only Region-A release with English subtitles for this movie currently available, as the US release from Bandai Entertainment has been OOP for a couple years now and goes for $125+ on eBay. The only other currently available English-language releases (UK/AU) are locked to Region-B, and not everybody Stateside has a region-free player.

But if you don't want to pay $100+ for the LE or "settle" for a regular edition, then I wish you good hunting...

The primary factor for this release's popularity (beyond the nice packaging and the fact that it's a good movie by a prominent director) is that it's the only Region-A release with English subtitles for this movie currently available, as the US release from Bandai Entertainment has been OOP for a couple years now and goes for $125+ on eBay. The only other currently available English-language releases (UK/AU) are locked to Region-B, and not everybody Stateside has a region-free player.

But if you don't want to pay $100+ for the LE or "settle" for a regular edition, then I wish you good hunting...
:( I know. I had no idea about the popularity when the pre-order went live.
Oh well :coffee:

2 copies of the full slip on ebay from korean seller weagein2: http://www.ebay.de/itm/252272096049?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

@AlienKing @Futurhythm @hayemaker
!!!

i just got mine from there, first time in ages that i had to pay more than i should for a movie, but still an OK price since literally NO other copies show up in the WWW ...
Thanks for the tag @severo. All sold out now, but I wanted the lenti so I might have not bought it at that price. It is quite expensive if you're not in the USA.

Reactions: harry and severo
Imo, the full slip is way better and it also fits in the theme design of The Blu Animated Collection, matches with their first release: grave of the fireflies :)

Reactions: severo
Imo, the full slip is way better and it also fits in the theme design of The Blu Animated Collection, matches with their first release: grave of the fireflies :)
I was contemplating about that too. But the thing is, this is a Scanavo case full slip. GotF was a Digipack. Only the front art would match. One will be thicker and other will be thinner on the spine.