The Goonies - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: SteelBook with Slipcase - SteelBook Only (Pre-order Sunday July 19 at 12 PM for Red Carpet subscribers, 6 PM general sale for separate steelbook, UK time)
Price:
£28.99 (Slipcase Edition) - £24.99 (Steelbook only Edition)
Notes: Slipcase edition exclusive to Red Carpet subscribers

TG_Zavvi_Red_Carpet_Slipcase.jpg

Last edited:
For thoese interested HMV have a cine edition not a steekbook but looks ok

Also Beetlejuice

... love the idea of a (ToC) mini steel. I do like the slip on this. Covers up the monstrosity.

It wouldn't surprise me that this version, they don't go with big printed freebie with something akin to Sky warnings 'This film has outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today.' Well there goes the 80's for ya...

The email that Zavvi sent out a couple days ago indicated that there would be SteelBook variants this week available to Red Carpet members only. I'm guessing there are more to come.

I think it's silly to offer the red carpet membership in first place, but thats zavvi for you always find away to get more money from you.
But that fact they dont over all customers and have never made it available to all stinks.
Now being a member i believe you get money off which pays for the membership over time.
But it certainly does not get you the items quicker than others.
But this with slips to members only is a bad move and one i dont like, as its not as if we can join as overseas.
I have been buying from zavvi for more than 10 yrs now and to not have a choice is crap,i dont mind paying a few pounds more to have the slip as long as its not much more.
So looks like this might be the start of steels that have slips non red carpet members dont get any and then it be exclusive editions and god knows what.
Honesty these clowns amaze me after so many years they are still around,.
If i never purchased steels i probably would not buy anything at all, its about only thing most times arrives ok.

I think it's silly to offer the red carpet membership in first place, but thats zavvi for you always find away to get more money from you.
But that fact they dont over all customers and have never made it available to all stinks.
Now being a member i believe you get money off which pays for the membership over time.
But this with slips to members only is a bad move and one i dont like, as its not as if we can join as overseas.
I have been buying from zavvi for more than 10 yrs now and to not have a choice is crap,i dont mind paying a few pounds more to have the slip as long as its not much more.
So looks like this might be the start of steels that have slips non red carpet members dont get any and then it be exclusive editions and god knows what.
If i never purchased steels i probably would not buy anything at all, its about only thing most times arrives ok.

It's possible that we're going to see a similar post from a Red Carpet member in the future if Zavvi eventually makes this available for non Red Carpet members.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Its business. They want to increase the amount of red carpet members so they find ways to try and entice people to join.
Like it or not many business offer products, services or prices for members and such like only.

Reactions: djjez83 and Robles
Its business. They want to increase the amount of red carpet members so they find ways to try and entice people to join.
Like it or not many business offer products, services or prices for members and such like only.
Yes but they have customers thats not in the uk so why not offer to all and its upto others if they want or not.
Only you guys in the uk get offered nobody else. I have been buying from them for over 10 yrs so would have been nice to give it a try at least.
Im very surprised they have never offered to all as they just love ways to make that little extra.

Lol finally zavvi have stopped non red carpet members from buying same time as red carpet members was good while it lasted.
Just offer it to all customers problem solved.

Last edited:
damn, where's that GIF I made exclusively for zavvi...